Just bought an Ultrasonic - Wow, what a game changer (1 Viewer)

ShipitG

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Pulled the trigger on an ultrasonic a couple of days ago to clean some Jack Cincy's 1's. What a difference than doing it by hand.

Ended up getting the 3L for $80 - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B075FQJ995?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

Before
238FB2DC-ADAC-4D78-A27F-ED14EB3B0552_1_105_c.jpeg

After

5F380B99-A110-4ECC-BAB6-783452D450E2_1_105_c.jpeg

Pulled the trigger on an ultrasonic a couple of days ago to clean some Jack Cincy's 1's. What a difference than doing it by hand.

Ended up getting the 3L for $80 - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B075FQJ995?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

Before
View attachment 1152406

After

View attachment 1152407

So for the results that you have posted, can you disclose your process?
-what solution did you use?
-What additives (%, volume ratio) did you use?
- temp settings?
- How long?
- How many chips at a time?
- anything else about what you did for those who are curious and compare that sore of thing....?

So for the results that you have posted, can you disclose your process?
-what solution did you use?
-What additives (%, volume ratio) did you use?
- temp settings?
- How long?
- How many chips at a time?
- anything else about what you did for those who are curious and compare that sore of thing....?
Just water and a tablespoon of dawn. Temperature was about 50C. Let them go for about 20 minutes. Was doing barrels at a time and getting great results.

Just water and a tablespoon of dawn. Temperature was about 50C. Let them go for about 20 minutes. Was doing barrels at a time and getting great results.

20 minutes? Wow
I have been cautious to go past 2mins and have scrubbed after 30 seconds, flipped chips over etc. I have been using dish soap and salt with tap water. I should try running some of the grimey majestic star 36mm 100ncv chips that have been giving me so much trouble for 20mins.

Maybe using Dawn is why it takes 20 minutes per barrel, which is horribly inefficient.

Using Lundmark or Red Devil non-TSP TSP should bring it down to 2 minutes per 2 barrels.
Thanks for this! I was new to this, so I opted to use Dawn until I found a good recommendation. The video on the top level of the forum no longer exists, so I was playing it safe.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom