JACK Cincinnati Fight Back! (2 Viewers)

BearMetal

4 of a Kind
Supporter
Reaction score
So I know that this is only my third time around the block committing murder, but the Jack Cincinnati secondary $25s are way harder than my previous Jack adventures.

The plastic essentially pops right off and lifts from the label very easily. But that vinyl label... That sucker is on there. Even a long soak with some NPR barely is able to get it off. Check out these images where you can still see the imprint:

16172444026355519285315309910701.jpg

So for anyone thinking that these are going to be a quick relabel like the Jack Detroit, you might be in for a surprise.

Update: found a better process, it got much easier, made a video.

Last edited:
@grantc54 I was just thinking that as well. It's a little hard to tell even in with human eyes, but after looking at them carefully you can tell that there are some spots that are faded a little bit. I did my best to keep the NPR only on the label and to rinse them as quickly as I could after I got it off.

Check out the area directly under the yellow half circle. You can tell that it's a little faded.

1617245420036385960567714213255.jpeg

Last edited:
Damn it, I just bought a rack of these too for a relabel idea.
it's not impossible, but it certainly one of the harder ones I've had to deal with. Going to take longer than I thought, and the fading of the green sucks.

does it seem as it would show though a label or be felt through a label?
Nope. I threw a spare label on that I had lying around. You can't feel any of it through a Gear laminated label. The only thing that remains is some slight fading of the green on some of the edges where some of the NPR was.

1617245667484963336282408681150.jpg

In this shot you can see that some of the really faded green can still be seen just around the edge of where the label stops.

16172458093648451201999144860114.jpg

i have found i didnt need any NPR on the HSIs, did you try with just a razor
I did. Those suckers were really stuck on. I need to scrape a lot to get it off and it definitely left too much uneven material behind for my liking.

Funny the 2.50 it peels right up

that sounds like my old Paulson advertising chips
The NPR had to sit on the label forever
I had to apply it really careful with a qtip that it never touch the chip or the plum color had an obvious fade mark

I was lucky to do 10 a day it was so slow going

Last edited:
Nice! Your lucky then. These are a bitch. THC vs RHC maybe?

I use a dropper; going to have to do the same thing with mine and be real careful.
Yah there has to be something either the chip makeup or the adhesive type

the advertising chips I did were old
I figured from just old and the adhesive really dug in

I’ve seen other RH&C chips peel up like these like the sticker is rubbery and peels right up

so at this point I don’t know
Maybe applied at different times and hotter and more stuck or different runs and different adhesive

it’s hit and miss for sure
I figured out a good process
Like extra careful with the NPR to never touch the chip
If it did I rinsed and wiped it down and start over
Then peel up and I immediately rinsed it off and rub down with an oiled microfiber cloth to make sure none sat for long

it worked I did 200 and almost zero damage

the Capri 5s won’t just peel off but after like 10 seconds with NPR it just slides off

really weird

the advertising chips I did were old
I figured from just old and the adhesive really dug in

I’ve seen other RH&C chips peel up like these like the sticker is rubbery and peels right up
I've heard that older chips were much harder... But maybe that's because many were paper and not vinyl. The other RHCs that I did were much easier, the label could just peel off at least half way.

One thing that's interesting with these is the plastic. It's almost brittle. Pops right off, but didn't take any of the label with it.

I've heard that older chips were much harder... But maybe that's because many were paper and not vinyl. The other RHCs that I did were much easier, the label could just peel off at least half way.

One thing that's interesting with these is the plastic. It's almost brittle. Pops right off, but didn't take any of the label with it.
Yah the RH&C advertising I did are old but vinyl
They were just fused down

Ugh I've heard that older chips were much harder... But maybe that's because many were paper and not vinyl. The other RHCs that I did were much easier, the label could just peel off at least half way.

:love: :love: :love:
Too easy that’s crazy
EFCA91DE-F879-45FC-8D0E-E985E3E537FA.jpeg

So I know that this is only my third time around the block committing murder, but the Jack Cincinnati secondary $25s are way harder than my previous Jack adventures.

The plastic essentially pops right off and lifts from the label very easily. But that vinyl label... That sucker is on there. Even a long soak with some NPR barely is able to get it off. Check out these images where you can still see the imprint:

View attachment 667809

So for anyone thinking that these are going to be a quick relabel like the Jack Detroit, you might be in for a surprise.
Sure glad I won't be murdering mine. Will peruse as a $25.

yah imagine the bear claw SEC $100 with the pink in it too.
I think that would be cool to see together
I hate bear claws. Can't see the appeal. Bought myself a barrel of them, hated them still, sold them and never even think about it.

To each their own

I hate bear claws. Can't see the appeal. Bought myself a barrel of them, hated them still,
Dibs!

sold them and never even think about it.
Dammit!

I too disliked the bearclaws at first, but some just blow it right out of the water. It's an odd chip for sure; either I love it or I detest it; there's no middle ground for me.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom