JACK Cincinnati Fight Back! (1 Viewer)

I had to do this when I had some time, Epic inlay removal for the books.

View attachment 679388
There is a big pile of them here in the trash somewhere
83EEC185-461D-41E6-9888-8918AADC694E.jpeg

Well this is f'd up ... started the 2nd rack tonight. On the first barrel, half of the inlays just came off. No alcohol, no slicing beyond what's needed for the top plastic. They just pulled right off.
ya mine was 1/6. ahole/pops. You just adjust to the circumstance for every chip, be prepared and you're good. Knowing to deal with stubborn ones and dealing with easy ones. bada bing.

What stores/online carries the 80% ethanol HS? Can’t find anywhere.
I got mine on Amazon; it was a six pack spray for $5; it was some kind of sale since it's now $20. But there are many others. Just do a search for spray hand sanitizer and then look at the images to verify the ethanol content.

https://healthwick.ca/products/minhas-distillery-hand-sanitizer or you can find in states as they have factory in Wisconsin. Best brand I’ve used and currently have or moonshine. Best to take bear metal’s advise and go Amazon as they have choices and deals, just make sure it’s water like viscosity. You can try different percentages but I find 75/80 the best, 90 is good but evaporates quick. Check for scent free too. Maple cross and Minhas scent free ethanol sanitizer is what you’re looking for, but others with same specs will do.

Last edited:
It’s at blowout price now at Home Depot locally

Have more to test now
View attachment 686850
I will be going to mine local HD tomorrow!
I hope they have it, or atleast play that rockin theme song :cool
The thought of murdering more UB 25’s without help makes me wanna rip off my pp and throw it into oncoming traffic :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Anything special about the new process?
Just what I described above with the video. A small slice to bubble the laminate and then pull off to hopefully get a small tear in the vinyl.

Use a dull blade to then lift from the center outward just to provide some release so that it doesn't tear while pulling. Spray with the alcohol and slice up to the edge. Then slowly peel from the outer edge.

Just what I described above with the video. A small slice to bubble the laminate and then pull off to hopefully get a small tear in the vinyl.

Use a dull blade to then lift from the center outward just to provide some release so that it doesn't tear while pulling. Spray with the alcohol and slice up to the edge. Then slowly peel from the outer edge.
Ahhh need to watch
Awesome!

Also note there is a time when Paulson had a machinist who would set the machine at a certain calibration where the laminate slid under the material edge and bubble will not pop up, if anyone experiences those chips circa 2008-2014 let me know and I’ll give you the steps on that one, normal steps won’t work but ethanol is needed as well.

Also note there is a time when Paulson had a machinist who would set the machine at a certain calibration where the laminate slid under the material edge and bubble will not pop up, if anyone experiences those chips circa 2008-2014 let me know and I’ll give you the steps on that one, normal steps won’t work but ethanol is needed as well.
I had some plum RH&C advertising chips not that I noticed they were under at clay but they were FUSED ON

like you had to be extra careful the NPR didn’t touch the chip
It took well over 10 mins sitting to loosen the sticker
Took me a month to do a rack
Those things were old and leaded too
Nothing this buttery now exists today
89942DF0-1AFD-4867-B86B-3D737235B28F.jpegC9618ADB-6C4E-4ADA-BC6E-2FF64BC33FFA.jpeg

I had some plum RH&C advertising chips not that I noticed they were under at clay but they were FUSED ON

like you had to be extra careful the NPR didn’t touch the chip
It took well over 10 mins sitting to loosen the sticker
Took me a month to do a rack
Those things were old and leaded too
Nothing this buttery now exists today
View attachment 686900View attachment 686901
Did the vinyl stick to the outer edge? Example if you were to pull the vinyl the edge of circle would stay? I can tell but the light chalky areas of the outer rim you had some time with the outter rim.could be these yes.

With those ones you slice laminate from edge and score it as normal, then with knife only peel up the corner that’s near edge, once it’s up you go along the edge of the laminate, don’t try close to center you will just break knife tip or jab yourself likely and once you have a nice curl, get needle nose pliers and grab it and don’t pull but turn the needle nose like what alligators do to victims to drown them, you will see it pull up easy and then grab it and pull outer edge away from the edge and once you have half laminate off take off. For vinyl slice of edge to center and put ethanol, once it’s puddles you guide your knife along the cut to release it until you have enough of a curl, grab and slowly pull, takes practice but you’ll get it, but those are not so common. Depends on machinist at the time.

Yah those were old
I suspected age and glue
But yah NPR sitting on a ripped up sticker wouldn’t come loose one bit even after 1 or 2 mins

it had to sit over 10 mins then peeled off like nothing
Just took forever and had to be extra careful with the NPR

I don’t remember it on the outer edge
It just would not let loose the glue for damn maybe they were op on the lip

https://www.dropbox.com/s/39mtxyswhlna6fu/Video Oct 06, 1 12 08 PM.mov?dl=0
Ya looks like you’re ok there but there is a time where the machinist set it a certain way where if you peel the vinyl is stuck inside the chip and won’t peel out. Do as I said above and if you experience that chip I’ll show you how to remove the outer edge left. Pretty much soak, stab and pull with knife.

Yah those were old
I suspected age and glue
But yah NPR sitting on a ripped up sticker wouldn’t come loose one bit even after 1 or 2 mins

it had to sit over 10 mins then peeled off like nothing
Just took forever and had to be extra careful with the NPR
Ya it can be done but you see the purple it transfers to the vinyl and basically melts the chip. Also those vinyls were part vinyl part paper so they stuck better. I mean they still use that mix but thick vinyl now. Old gpi samples and chips from the new lead amount material start from 2006-2007 had some of those where the vinyl and laminate actually went into the chip slightly. Some parts are ok but as you go you see it is embedded. Hopefully no one comes across those lol but there is an easy fix just bit more time learning but once you got it, done like dinner.

• From the center, lift up from the middle-out in a circular fashion. What you're doing here is loosening the middle so that when you pull from the edge, there's less resistance and less tearing. I am convinced that this step is extremely important since it prevents the resistance and allows you to pull from the edge all the way around.
  • Once you have the center lifted up a bit, make a vertical hard slice from the middle to the edge. You're looking to free the vinyl from the edge.
  • Spray with alcohol; so far, it's better than NPR since it prevents fading. Wait several minutes, and then begin peeling from the edge. This is why loosening the middle is so important. If you skip that step, the edge pull with rip constantly.
  • For any edge pulls that start to tear, stop, and lift with your knife, and then continue. If you encounter any resistance during your pull, then stop and use your blade to lift up the part that's giving you resistance and then continue pulling from the edge. On these chips the edge is very loose, but as you pull the adhesion towards the center will cause you madness.
FYI @JP1984

Edit: I just realized that in all the videos that I post of murdering chips, it looks like my hands have gone a few rounds with Tyson. It's coincidence but it's hilarious.
Thanks for starting this thread. I'm thinking about grabbing some of these, and some hundos too which apparently are also difficult. On page one, I was about to say "screw this!" Glad I followed through to the end.

So are you keeping these as Jack Cincys and just changing denoms? I'm thinking quarters for my set, and just wondering if anyone has any finished products to show off. I assume @Gear has already had requests for Jack relabels and has come up with the proper artwork.

Thanks for starting this thread. I'm thinking about grabbing some of these, and some hundos too which apparently are also difficult. On page one, I was about to say "screw this!" Glad I followed through to the end.

So are you keeping these as Jack Cincys and just changing denoms? I'm thinking quarters for my set, and just wondering if anyone has any finished products to show off. I assume @Gear has already had requests for Jack relabels and has come up with the proper artwork.
After I started, I was very frustrated. Glad I started this thread because the feedback helped me find a process that worked for me. The second rack was a breeze (relatively speaking).

Nope, not keeping them as Jacks. These are my new Santa Ysabel fracs. I'm on Gear's list but he's backed up, so just patiently waiting my turn in line.

Think I may have found a winner, but just to make sure before purchase ($10 something for all 4 on Amazon)
This sounds like it would be a solid option?
Alcohol content looks good. The only thing is that this is a squirt bottle, so they probably add some thickening to it. I prefer a spray bottle as there's no thickening agent.

It should work fine, but would be a little harder to use/messier than a spray

Alcohol content looks good. The only thing is that this is a squirt bottle, so they probably add some thickening to it. I prefer a spray bottle as there's no thickening agent.

It should work fine, but would be a little harder to use/messier than a spray
Hoping to open and pour into smaller cup for easy use :cool

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom