JACK Cincinnati Fight Back! (2 Viewers)

View attachment 673864

trade secret, I remove any and all labels within 30 seconds on both sides.

1. I use high percentage ethanol 75/80% in the form of sanitizer or moonshine to remove stubborn labels in no time and it melts the adhesive. It doesn’t stain the chip or discolour only does two things, melt adhesive and kill bacteria.
2. I score(lightly cut over and over)the edge of the inlay inward to center by 1/16 of an inch 3 times not hard but not too soft I until I see bubble come up then I poke it with knife on angle and pull it up and take off
View attachment 673865
View attachment 673871
3. I score LIGHTLY, a cross with the knife in the center as the weakest(not always but usually) spot is the center of the vinyl.
View attachment 673866

4.peel up center corners with knife, if it comes off easy you just peel off the four sections away until done or try to carry one section up to edge and peel along the outer ring for one shot peel,
View attachment 673869
if adhesive in middle is stubborn, still try to peel up four corners a bit and with qtip soak it in ethanol and put on vinyl inlay and wait ten seconds and it will loosen and do same thing, peel up four corners more and you’ll peel it off easy.
View attachment 673870

here is up close photo of no damage, no discolour, no imprint and no lower edge rim damage from the first step, you only see compression dimples they all have.
View attachment 673867
Done. Once you get seasoned, it will already be fast right away first try but once you do lots you’ll be a machine at it and just know what to do and have racks done in no time.

Salute,
Philly.
** standing ovation **

It's funny; I think that my 72% ethanol based spray is actually better than the 80% spray. It doesn't evaporate as fast, doesn't dry it out as much either. But still seems to have the same removing power (maybe even better since it stays liquid a little longer). Could be a sweet spot?

Perhaps. I used 90-95% ethanol or isopropranol.

I really disliked Isopropyl 90% when I tried it; definitely dried the chip out and didn't seem to work as well at the ethyl.
Ya ethanol is the only thing I use. I said give iso a try as well just in case because printing industry uses it to clean or remove adhesive from substrates but yes it will leave chips with a dryness or “chalking” after drying but can be removed with watered cloth and it smells like high percentage potato vodka lol. I haven’t used iso for chips but I know how it reacts since I’ve worked in the printing/marketing industry.

I’m currently murdering my secondary cincy 100s and it’s brutal. I’ve been trying with the same non-acetone NPR and it’s barely working. I’ve now resorted to using the NPR and then after 20 mins taking a hairdryer to the chip I’m peeling for 10-15 seconds and it’s peeling off much easier, though may need to reflatten after.
Any other tips? Especially for the ones I’ve half butchered before the hairdryer idea...

I’m currently murdering my secondary cincy 100s and it’s brutal. I’ve been trying with the same non-acetone NPR and it’s barely working. I’ve now resorted to using the NPR and then after 20 mins taking a hairdryer to the chip I’m peeling for 10-15 seconds and it’s peeling off much easier, though may need to reflatten after.
Any other tips? Especially for the ones I’ve half butchered before the hairdryer idea...
I'm finding that spray hand sanitizer that's either ethyl alcohol 72% or 80% is working decently well. I take a blade and I try to pull up from the middle. If the removal of the laminate did not remove any of the vinyl label, then I have to cut an X and lift it up. If it did tear a small hole, I just use that one and pull up from all sides to get a center opening.

Once I have the center pulled up a bit, I make a single slice from the center up to the edge. This will release the vinyl label from the edge. Then I spray the hand sanitizer and let it sit for several minutes. And then I'm able to grab the edge that I sliced up to and pull from the edge around.

I guess the point of all of this is that you have to pull from the edge and if any of the label is still stuck, the edge will rip and you'll have to start over.

OK, I think I've found enough of a groove where I can get this accomplished without flying off the handle.
So I might have gotten a little frustrated once:
View attachment 677475

... But to be fair, this fucker had been soaking in alcohol / NPR all night. And it STILL wouldn't come off. But soaking did prove how brittle they become, so no to that. Anyway, I really am sold on the alcohol approach. I'd like to try it on another chip before I say it's vasty superior to NPR, but right now it's got a lot of plusses: no fading, no spell, evaporates, and does loosen the glue as well as NPR (at least in my tests).

I just sat in my recliner laughing my fucking ass off seeing this picture. I had this image in my head of you grabbing an object off the table and slamming right down on top of this poor thing hahahahaha

I’ll send you a video taking off $100 inlay, I sent bear a video but I was up for 3 days straight and wired off of energy drinks and feel I can explain better in a new one and using your chips. You’ll see the process. Message me your email and I’ll do later today

I'm finding that spray hand sanitizer that's either ethyl alcohol 72% or 80% is working decently well. I take a blade and I try to pull up from the middle. If the removal of the laminate did not remove any of the vinyl label, then I have to cut an X and lift it up. If it did tear a small hole, I just use that one and pull up from all sides to get a center opening.

Once I have the center pulled up a bit, I make a single slice from the center up to the edge. This will release the vinyl label from the edge. Then I spray the hand sanitizer and let it sit for several minutes. And then I'm able to grab the edge that I sliced up to and pull from the edge around.

I guess the point of all of this is that you have to pull from the edge and if any of the label is still stuck, the edge will rip and you'll have to start over.
I’ll try to make a full “good” video on the how to and scenarios like this and how to go about it easier for you guys, might take a lot of recording to get the scenarios but I’ll get it done. Honestly, it’s just practice like anything, once you got it down , you’ll buy chips just to delabel them for fun lol, new addiction haha

Is this a joke? Are you kidding me!!! Wow, what a difference between chips
tell me about it
I had OLD leaded plum RH&C Paulson advertising chips and it took almost 10+ mins sitting
with NPR. I had to be SOOOOOOO carful since sitting that long it will stain the chip.

The 2.50 Jack Id say 90% came off that easy, some just had DIFFERENT feeling sticker and it didnt peel up had to use NPR
some poppped off a couple stubborn.
Ive done 20 like that and 95% came up that easy

$5 Capri the sticker comes up after about 20 seconds with NPR but you need it on them all Im guessing for sure.

Those TH&C white IDK something different its a different feel pulling them up than the 2.50 like WAY WAY easier
Very few are stubborn and stick hard so you have to scratch maybe 1 or 2 of 10 or less

But yah when I did like 3 in a row like that I could not believe it

• From the center, lift up from the middle-out in a circular fashion. What you're doing here is loosening the middle so that when you pull from the edge, there's less resistance and less tearing. I am convinced that this step is extremely important since it prevents the resistance and allows you to pull from the edge all the way around.
  • Once you have the center lifted up a bit, make a vertical hard slice from the middle to the edge. You're looking to free the vinyl from the edge.
  • Spray with alcohol; so far, it's better than NPR since it prevents fading. Wait several minutes, and then begin peeling from the edge. This is why loosening the middle is so important. If you skip that step, the edge pull with rip constantly.
  • For any edge pulls that start to tear, stop, and lift with your knife, and then continue. If you encounter any resistance during your pull, then stop and use your blade to lift up the part that's giving you resistance and then continue pulling from the edge. On these chips the edge is very loose, but as you pull the adhesion towards the center will cause you madness.
FYI @JP1984

Edit: I just realized that in all the videos that I post of murdering chips, it looks like my hands have gone a few rounds with Tyson. It's coincidence but it's hilarious.

Last edited:
  • From the center, lift up from the middle-out in a circular fashion. What you're doing here is loosening the middle so that when you pull from the edge, there's less resistance and less tearing. I am convinced that this step is extremely important since it prevents the resistance and allows you to pull from the edge all the way around.
  • Once you have the center lifted up a bit, make a vertical hard slice from the middle to the edge. You're looking to free the vinyl from the edge.
  • Spray with alcohol; so far, it's better than NPR since it prevents fading. Wait several minutes, and then begin peeling from the edge. This is why loosening the middle is so important. If you skip that step, the edge pull with rip constantly.
  • For any edge pulls that start to tear, stop, and lift with your knife, and then continue. If you encounter any resistance during your pull, then stop and use your blade to lift up the part that's giving you resistance and then continue pulling from the edge. On these chips the edge is very loose, but as you pull the adhesion towards the center will cause you madness.
FYI @JP1984

Edit: I just realized that in all the videos that I post of murdering chips, it looks like my hands have gone a few rounds with Tyson. It's coincidence but it's hilarious.
Thanks for this. I'm assuming the hand injuries are not inlay removal related either... :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

TOOO EASY this is the easiest Ive ever done like pure GOLD for relabel

No need to auger in so deep and damage the center of the chip so much. I have murdered thousands of chips and I would say on average I spend about 1 min/chip total and almost never leave any sort of mark at all on the chips anywhere.

FYI @JP1984

Yessir, I’m glad you see that now, the middle part IS important as I stated and putting a cross in the vinyl and pulling up center allows 3 things.
1. It loosens the vinyl’s “hug” on the chip from compression, so less resistance.
2. Allows the ethanol to seep inside the splits and do it’s job on the adhesive all around.
3. if one area doesn’t give enough grip or rips, you have the other tips to choose from to peel off in one shot or just peel the four like a banana.

Ethanol is the liquid that does the job perfectly with little to no smell, no discolour, no melting or reactive issues and evaporates fast, plus, it’s accessible for everyone and cheap. Also you can use moonshine and get your drunk de-labeling on, shot for the chip and shot for you. cheers.

No need to auger in so deep and damage the center of the chip so much. I have murdered thousands of chips and I would say on average I spend about 1 min/chip total and almost never leave any sort of mark at all on the chips anywhere.
Give him a break, he just finished playing Mortal Kombat 11, FINISH HIM! HardHouseinc wins, FATALITY!

Yessir, I’m glad you see that now,
Yup; thank you for your videos. It turned a frustrating 10-minute-per-side job into 2 minutes. Still nowhere near as easy as the Jack Detroit chips... But definitely doable now. I've got just about one rack done and I haven't pulled out whatever is left of my hair.

Yup; thank you for your videos. It turned a frustrating 10-minute-per-side job into 2 minutes. Still nowhere near as easy as the Jack Detroit chips... But definitely doable now. I've got just about one rack done and I haven't pulled out whatever is left of my hair.
My pleasure and glad to help anytime.

Ok, so it wasn't what I expected. But it got far better once I dialed in the method. 1 rack down, 1 to go...

PXL_20210417_043730236.PORTRAIT.jpg

Ok, so it wasn't what I expected. But it got far better once I dialed in the method. 1 rack down, 1 to go...

View attachment 679372
I sent JP1984 a video of the $100’s, same issue people are having with $25’s and showed him how to get off easy breezy. Funny I’m using $25’s as quarters too! Great minds! $1’s and $5’s and $500’s TBD

E17BBEDD-438C-4E83-ABBB-E4AE5EC8355B.png

*might make it $20
704B88A5-AB61-4538-87DB-76176897108B.png

490658BE-F414-49A5-99B3-06A8DDB2357C.png

I sent JP1984 a video of the $100’s, same issue people are having with $25’s and showed him how to get off easy breezy. Funny I’m using $25’s as quarters too! Great minds! $1’s and $5’s and $500’s TBD

View attachment 679377

*might make it $20
View attachment 679378
View attachment 679379
Oh man, great theme! All 3 chips jive together. Those Isle CG $1s works so well!

Mine are destined for Santa Ysabel fracs. Because why not... #TCRHasAllMyMoney

Oh man, great theme! All 3 chips jive together. Those Isle CG $1s works so well!

Mine are destined for Santa Ysabel fracs. Because why not... #TCRHasAllMyMoney
Thanks, the whole set will jive for sure.
I’m thinking this
D954ECBC-3A78-4B9F-A1AC-27D1561034CC.png

yes Chiproom has my money too lmao, usually, always.

Nice, I love those Ysabel $1’s.
I’m trying to get these for the $1’s, gonna be hard pressed to get very good condition though.
613BF52D-B2ED-418E-9592-AECBF97F9E11.jpeg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom