JACK Cincinnati Fight Back! (1 Viewer)

There were about 15 or so that were a NIGHTMARE but the rest came off no NPR

really odd

369B198F-64B4-4902-8510-186B2275CB6E.jpeg

So the primary 25s are about the easiest chip I've ever removed the label on. It just peels right off

6F907B42-135E-4CA8-B2BF-D4D8F55B70F0.jpeg

trade secret, I remove any and all labels within 30 seconds on both sides.

1. I use high percentage ethanol 75/80% in the form of sanitizer or moonshine to remove stubborn labels in no time and it melts the adhesive. It doesn’t stain the chip or discolour only does two things, melt adhesive and kill bacteria.
2. I score(lightly cut over and over)the edge of the inlay inward to center by 1/16 of an inch 3 times not hard but not too soft I until I see bubble come up then I poke it with knife on angle and pull it up and take off
3DAF1C40-82E9-4321-B6A6-44E3B40F81D7.jpeg

1BB8AB2D-0703-4F5E-9D0B-B19706983039.jpeg

3. I score LIGHTLY, a cross with the knife in the center as the weakest(not always but usually) spot is the center of the vinyl.
F4334458-84A2-45AF-9DD0-7C4DDFB833A0.jpeg

4.peel up center corners with knife, if it comes off easy you just peel off the four sections away until done or try to carry one section up to edge and peel along the outer ring for one shot peel,
A8B6CFA6-9A44-4DCB-A4E5-601421CA0845.jpeg

if adhesive in middle is stubborn, still try to peel up four corners a bit and with qtip soak it in ethanol and put on vinyl inlay and wait ten seconds and it will loosen and do same thing, peel up four corners more and you’ll peel it off easy.
BE596CD7-7D90-4E6E-BEED-C0A5B2EAA49F.jpeg

here is up close photo of no damage, no discolour, no imprint and no lower edge rim damage from the first step, you only see compression dimples they all have.
FB3EE645-7128-4704-BE93-FC8109AD4029.jpeg

Done. Once you get seasoned, it will already be fast right away first try but once you do lots you’ll be a machine at it and just know what to do and have racks done in no time.

Salute,
Philly.

Attachments

• F5BD3082-599F-4C07-B766-92CF432CBE27.jpeg
    F5BD3082-599F-4C07-B766-92CF432CBE27.jpeg
    104.5 KB · Views: 69
View attachment 673864

trade secret, I remove any and all labels within 30 seconds on both sides.

1. I use high percentage ethanol 75/80% in the form of sanitizer or moonshine to remove stubborn labels in no time and it melts the adhesive. It doesn’t stain the chip or discolour only does two things, melt adhesive and kill bacteria.
2. I score(lightly cut over and over)the edge of the inlay inward to center by 1/16 of an inch 3 times not hard but not too soft I until I see bubble come up then I poke it with knife on angle and pull it up and take off
View attachment 673865
View attachment 673871
3. I score LIGHTLY, a cross with the knife in the center as the weakest(not always but usually) spot is the center of the vinyl.
View attachment 673866

4.peel up center corners with knife, if it comes off easy you just peel off the four sections away until done or try to carry one section up to edge and peel along the outer ring for one shot peel,
View attachment 673869
if adhesive in middle is stubborn, still try to peel up four corners a bit and with qtip soak it in ethanol and put on vinyl inlay and wait ten seconds and it will loosen and do same thing, peel up four corners more and you’ll peel it off easy.
View attachment 673870

here is up close photo of no damage, no discolour, no imprint and no lower edge rim damage from the first step, you only see compression dimples they all have.
View attachment 673867
Done. Once you get seasoned, it will already be fast right away first try but once you do lots you’ll be a machine at it and just know what to do and have racks done in no time.

Salute,
Philly.
That’s some useful shit right there !!!

Alright @PhillyB ... going to give your method a try today! This is the first time I've seen someone recommend hand sanitizer.
I wish I can show how fast I do it and make it look easy but yeah give her a go, not all hand sanitizer though, just ethanol 75% above or moonshine or polish grain alcohol that’s 75%. Most sanitizers are 50-60 percent and use different type of alcohol but isopropyl 90% may work also, not 70%(medical one).

That’s some useful shit right there !!!
My pleasure , I’ve been doing that for more than decade, it works flawless once you get the hang of it and do exactly that. The Cross and corner lift is most important. At some point you’ll just peel one shot from one of the corners, you’ll see.

Sorry, also! Once in a while you will get a vinyl inlay that is VERY stubborn, the fix, just leave a little more of a ethanol puddle on the whole inlay with the four corners in middle up and lift up the corner more and more with knife(it will come up easy) and grab the corner once you have a good grip and peel, that will do it. The ethanol evaporates which is basically no clean up. You’ll see. If you can’t get ethanol at that percentage, try 90% isopropyl should work as well. Anyways much success to everyone and their relabels.

Sorry, also! Once in a while you will get a vinyl inlay that is VERY stubborn, the fix, just leave a little more of a ethanol puddle on the whole inlay with the four corners in middle up and lift up the corner more and more with knife(it will come up easy) and grab the corner once you have a good grip and peel, that will do it. The ethanol evaporates which is basically no clean up. You’ll see. If you can’t get ethanol at that percentage, try 90% isopropyl should work as well. Anyways much success to everyone and their relabels.
Well, there's good news and bad news. The good news is that I didn't see any discoloration. The bad news is that they were still just as stubborn. I tried with an 82% ethanol hand sanitizer and also a 90% isopropyl alcohol. On 4 chips, only 1 side came off nice and easy. The rest were all stubborn which required multiple re-applications of alcohol and lots of peeling edges/ripping over and over.

Maybe I just got a difficult lot?

Well, there's good news and bad news. The good news is that I didn't see any discoloration. The bad news is that they were still just as stubborn. I tried with an 82% ethanol hand sanitizer and also a 90% isopropyl alcohol. On 4 chips, only 1 side came off nice and easy. The rest were all stubborn which required multiple re-applications of alcohol and lots of peeling edges/ripping over and over.

Did you was and oil them yet? I washed and oiled mine first, they come right out

Did you put a good amount on the chip and let sit for 15 seconds or so peeling it while liquid still sat or did you wipe off? It does take a bit of practice knowing where to lift it and peel at angles on the stubborn ones. I did find 5 chips out of a rack that were stubborn but I’m used to dealing with that quick. Also putting your knife flat and sliding under the stubborn vinyl and creating a good amount to grab is how I do it.

Did you was and oil them yet? I washed and oiled mine first, they come right out
You know, I was thinking about using oil. It can definitely remove sticky stuff... I'll give it a shot. When you oiled yours, you just did a circle-swipe over the entire chip face?
Did you put a good amount on the chip and let sit for 15 seconds or so peeling it while liquid still sat or did you wipe off? It does take a bit of practice knowing where to lift it and peel at angles on the stubborn ones. I did find 5 chips out of a rack that were stubborn but I’m used to dealing with that quick. Also putting your knife flat and sliding under the stubborn vinyl and crating a good amount to grab is how I do it.
I put some in, waited about 20 seconds then probed the pulled up corners and hit resistance right away. Then I got angry and went all in by soaking it, walking away for 5 minutes. When I came back out was still a little wet, but that sucker was still on there.

On the easy one, I put on the alcohol, waited about 5 seconds and it just peeled off clean.

You know, I was thinking about using oil. It can definitely remove sticky stuff... I'll give it a shot. When you oiled yours, you just did a circle-swipe over the entire chip face?

I put some in, waited about 20 seconds then probed the pulled up corners and hit resistance right away. Then I got angry and went all in by soaking it, walking away for 5 minutes. When I came back out was still a little wet, but that sucker was still on there.

On the easy one, I put on the alcohol, waited about 5 seconds and it just peeled off clean.
Yeah I oiled the whole chip, not neccesarily the whole inlay, but enough that it definitely went to the edges of the inlay, or slightly over.
16180164895168606227827519818402.jpg

I just did this one:
Yeah, no - the secondary 25s are no where near that easy. I tried oiling the chip, then wiping it dry after about 5 minutes, and still no dice. Going to look at Phil's videos to see if there's something I'm missing.

Yeah, no - the secondary 25s are no where near that easy. I tried oiling the chip, then wiping it dry after about 5 minutes, and still no dice. Going to look at Phil's videos to see if there's something I'm missing.
Oh mine oiled for 24 hours and then I dried them and they sat for 2 days before I got the itch to try murdering lol

OK, I think I've found enough of a groove where I can get this accomplished without flying off the handle.
So I might have gotten a little frustrated once:
1618414682669.png

... But to be fair, this fucker had been soaking in alcohol / NPR all night. And it STILL wouldn't come off. But soaking did prove how brittle they become, so no to that. Anyway, I really am sold on the alcohol approach. I'd like to try it on another chip before I say it's vasty superior to NPR, but right now it's got a lot of plusses: no fading, no spell, evaporates, and does loosen the glue as well as NPR (at least in my tests).

OK, I think I've found enough of a groove where I can get this accomplished without flying off the handle.
So I might have gotten a little frustrated once:
View attachment 677475

... But to be fair, this fucker had been soaking in alcohol / NPR all night. And it STILL wouldn't come off. But soaking did prove how brittle they become, so no to that. Anyway, I really am sold on the alcohol approach. I'd like to try it on another chip before I say it's vasty superior to NPR, but right now it's got a lot of plusses: no fading, no spell, evaporates, and does loosen the glue as well as NPR (at least in my tests).
I refuse to soak the difficult chips for that reason. It softens the center of the chip making them prone to breaking. I have had much more success "plucking" or scraping (carefully) the stuck on pieces of inlay with the tip of my exacto blade

I refuse to soak the difficult chips for that reason. It softens the center of the chip making them prone to breaking. I have had much more success "plucking" or scraping (carefully) the stuck on pieces of inlay with the tip of my exacto blade
Yeah, I just had to see if a long soak would help. So, now I have 199 left. Maybe I need to place a TCR order for some used Cincy $1s and add an extra $25 in there to make me whole again! :)

I have has some fading with high concentration alcohol, but I can't say it's worse than NANPR. I always oil after so the colour looks smooth again. I just don't like the harsh dehydrated feeling of the straight alcohol.

Alcohol works much better than NANPR to remove an Abbiati label.

I have has some fading with high concentration alcohol, but I can't say it's worse than NANPR. I always oil after so the colour looks smooth again. I just don't like the harsh dehydrated feeling of the straight alcohol.

Alcohol works much better than NANPR to remove an Abbiati label.
It's funny; I think that my 72% ethanol based spray is actually better than the 80% spray. It doesn't evaporate as fast, doesn't dry it out as much either. But still seems to have the same removing power (maybe even better since it stays liquid a little longer). Could be a sweet spot?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom