I've fallen down the rabbit hole and now in love (1 Viewer)

dmarley

Reaction score
Hello, PCF!

I've always been fascinated by poker, as well as the art and feel of poker chips. Joining this community is a step further into this hobby. I'm eager to share experiences, learn from you all, and deepen my knowledge on poker chip collecting. Let's share our love for the game and its tools!

Cheers,
dmarley!

Welcome!
IMG_4281.jpeg

Sorry to hear it man, welcome. Dice chips will never look the same again.
A few weeks ago sitting at the table looking at my buddies dice chips we’ve used for 20 years I asked myself, there has to be a better option than what we had in 2003.

I’ve gone from ordering samples from a few vendors to dreaming of how I would design my own custom set thanks to the PCF community.

A few weeks ago sitting at the table looking at my buddies dice chips we’ve used for 20 years I asked myself, there has to be a better option than what we had in 2003.

I’ve gone from ordering samples from a few vendors to dreaming of how I would design my own custom set thanks to the PCF community.
100%, I did the same thing. Up to you and all depends on budgets, lots of great options at every level.

I absolutely love posts like this. I think we’ve all been there. I know i sure have and now I have 3 chip sets and love every one of them.
I sometimes find myself in awe thinking about where my chips have been, the history in them, who (famous) might have touched them, played with them.
Then I appreciate others chip sets, you will see some of the most gorgeous chip sets in this forum. Welcome to the rabbit hole.

Hello and welcome to the community! You will fit in great here. Just go ahead and give your wallet a pep talk now for what it is about to get into!

Aside from CPC, Apache, and BRPro - any recommendations to keep in mind?
All three of those are good options. In addition to those there is so much good stuff here. You are in the rabbit hole but watch your step -- if you look down there are probably 6-8 more sub-holes you can fall into. I recommend you spend some time browsing first to get a feel for what you like. Tons of high end sets run through the classifieds. And then there are the vendor pages (Broken Arrow, Action Table Toppers and Gear Labels are examples). And then there are excellent designers that can help you if you want to go custom...

Aside from CPC, Apache, and BRPro - any recommendations to keep in mind?
Depending on your budget. I got custom 43mm ceramics from China for very cheap; they're lesser quality than clay but a really great deal and love the colors and freedom of the medium. Can search for Tina or Cards mold. No, Ill never use the $100s lol but they were cheap and fun to have.

20230408_123446.jpg

Depending on your budget. I got custom 43mm ceramics from China for very cheap; they're lesser quality than clay but a really great deal and love the colors and freedom of the medium. Can search for Tina or Cards mold. No, Ill never use the $100s lol but they were cheap and fun to have.
This is the set that made me want to design my own set! Its so amazing and I loved the background of the story.

All three of those are good options. In addition to those there is so much good stuff here. You are in the rabbit hole but watch your step -- if you look down there are probably 6-8 more sub-holes you can fall into. I recommend you spend some time browsing first to get a feel for what you like. Tons of high end sets run through the classifieds. And then there are the vendor pages (Broken Arrow, Action Table Toppers and Gear Labels are examples). And then there are excellent designers that can help you if you want to go custom...
Pick a lane and stay in it for a while is my advice.

Welcome to PCF. I had the same epiphany one day and had a custom set made through Tina... then a second... and then eventually bought some THC's.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom