It's Official, The Gnu Is Moving To Florida! (3 Viewers)

]Just purchased a SunPass but gotta wait for it to get sent so will likely have a bill showing up off my plate for next weeks commute.

You can pick up a SunPass at the customer service desk of any Publix for $5.

-- Larry

You can pick up a SunPass at the customer service desk of any Publix for $5.

-- Larry

This. Also, be sure you get your new car registered on the SunPass account ASAP. Sometimes those passive transponders don't register, and when that happens, they take a picture of your license plate. If it's registered with your account, no big deal, they just charge you the regular toll. If not, they will send a bill to you for toll + fees.

As far as local groceries are concerned, Publix generally (IMO) tends to be pricier, but also bigger and carries a better selection of just about everything. Winn-Dixie can range from okay to outright crappy depending on the specific location. We do most of our general grocery shopping at SuperTarget, and go to Publix for the stuff we can't find there. The WD right in front of my neighborhood is meh, but I'll go there for staples and when I'm too lazy to drive elsewhere.

Definitely not a fan of the traffic, not only a higher volume but a larger concentration of idiots/dangerous drivers out there. Almost been hit a few times already, so have to keep my guard up

If it ever snows there do not leave the friggin' house. Same rules apply for the Arizona deserts.

Nice ride. Silver metallic is my favorite color for a vehicle. It hides a lot.

As far as local groceries are concerned, Publix generally (IMO) tends to be pricier, but also bigger and carries a better selection of just about everything....

From a recent Florida survey:

"A comparison of prices for more than 30 items in local supermarkets during two spot checks last month found that Walmart had the lowest prices, with SuperTarget offering the next-lowest. Winn-Dixie's prices, even based on those offered with a loyalty card, were the highest. Publix ranked second-highest."

These chains all do continuous price evaluation, insuring that they stay pretty close -- particularly Publix and Winn-Dixie. Using BOGOs and such, the difference for us is negligible.

- - - - - - - - - Updated - - - - - - - - -

Agreed. I bought my first silver metallic car in 1969, a new Alfa Romeo 1750 Spider ($4386 :cool: ). It was the first silver car I had ever seen in the US. We've had several since, and still think it's a great color.

i will say that having left the south, i really really miss publix. i've still never found froyo as good as their cool mint cookie.

publix-premium-yogurt-lowfat-52556.jpg

From a recent Florida survey:

"A comparison of prices for more than 30 items in local supermarkets during two spot checks last month found that Walmart had the lowest prices, with SuperTarget offering the next-lowest. Winn-Dixie's prices, even based on those offered with a loyalty card, were the highest. Publix ranked second-highest."

These chains all do continuous price evaluation, insuring that they stay pretty close -- particularly Publix and Winn-Dixie. Using BOGOs and such, the difference for us is negligible.

Yeah, I probably should have also mentioned this. I rarely buy items that are not on sale at Winn-Dixie or BOGO at Publix unless it's something that I can't get from Target (or I'm willing to pay the lazy tax to avoid an extra few minutes of driving). Both stores are overpriced, and their "sales" generally only bring prices in line with their cheaper competitors.

I agree with this.

I bought a model T this week. The car I bought comes in only 1 color. White with black trim. Black and merlot interior. Most rediculous thing I have ever heard of. I hate white cars, but I really wanted this model, so I have a white car (I take delivery friday).

I bought a model T this week. The car I bought comes in only 1 color. White with black trim. Black and merlot interior. Most rediculous thing I have ever heard of. I hate white cars, but I really wanted this model, so I have a white car (I take delivery friday).

that is the second most ridiculous thing i have ever heard regarding car color. the first: the plymouth prowler, when introduced in 1997, came in exactly one color: prowler purple metallic.

also, i love white cars, though i do recognize that silver is superior in terms of hiding dirt and grime.

Publix is the NUUUUTS. Ever had a Publix deli sub??? Jimmy Johns is a 3rd rate piece of crap in comparison - and lets not even mention where Subway rates. And they're like $6.50. :D:D:D

When we went to Winn Dixie we made sure to grab the buy one get one deals they had. Still need to check out Aldi's and see what they have to offer, heard their prices are great, selection less so. WalMart I didn't find overly competitive price-wise, at least when comparing against deals at other stores. Only made a brief stop into a Publix, so haven't had a chance to really check it out.

But given our location in Brandon we have access to just about every store imaginable.

Huh, I thought they had Aldi everywhere.

Prices are very low, as long as you don't mind quality to match. Whatever you do, NEVER EVER EVER purchase any form of meat or meatlike product at Aldi - strictly prepackaged pasta, cereal, etc. only...

that is the second most ridiculous thing i have ever heard regarding car color. the first: the plymouth prowler, when introduced in 1997, came in exactly one color: prowler purple metallic.

also, i love white cars, though i do recognize that silver is superior in terms of hiding dirt and grime.

I will admit, it looks sharp, and is a pretty nice white, but white really shows off the dirt.

And I will agree, no color choice on the trim package I wanted was stupid.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom