It's Official: Raiders now the Las Vegas Raiders (1 Viewer)

Wow. Lamonica. “The Mad Bomber!” Was also a fan of Kenny “The Snake” Stabler. That’s when the Raiders were a bunch of renegades with all the swagger but could actually back it up. Those days are long gone.

I for one am embracing the move. I mean, it's not like the Raiders have lost FIVE Super Bowls or have a LOSING record in the big game despite having "12" men.

Dolphins owner Steve Ross got my respect for voting against the move. I get that it’s a business and money grab for owners, but it’s gotten out of hand long ago.

They'll be successful $-wise, but I doubt they'll be successful scoring-wise... as they'll literally never have a true home game ever again.

People will be flying in from all over to see their own home teams playing in Vegas, and the locals will probably be more than happy to unload tickets at inflated prices to those NFL fan tourists.

I actually feel a little bad for the Raiders. :(

Dude....They will be just fine. Everybody is pumped and the stadium looks awesome! Gruden and the Raiders are perfect for Vegas. I can't see people unloading their season tickets after paying the personal seat license fees most could not make money selling their tickets....ask me how I know ;).
Don't feel bad for the Raiders, save that for Cleveland :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:.

Dude....They will be just fine. Everybody is pumped and the stadium looks awesome! Gruden and the Raiders are perfect for Vegas. I can't see people unloading their season tickets after paying the personal seat license fees most could not make money selling their tickets....ask me how I know ;).
Don't feel bad for the Raiders, save that for Cleveland :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:.
Its a pretty small sample size, but I’d say out of the 80-100ish of current acquaintances who are Raiders fan, not a single one is pumped, with most barely reaching temperate. I would say most find it a tad depressing.

I’m surprised to see this but am happy for those that are pumped!

Drove by the stadium today. Looks ridiculously good
4AE86F23-6CB0-4DC2-BF95-53A7BA7F3A43.jpeg
A1B20710-53CE-4F44-8C65-DBD0D52D6414.jpeg
78DE46B4-B7B9-4572-BB76-5B3F682963EB.jpeg

Speaking of Bo Jackson...A buddy of mine went to high school here in Southfield, MI with Torin Dorn who was a cornerback with The Raiders when Bo was playing. A big Monday night game that season was Raiders vs Lions (really Barry Sanders vs Bo Jackson) and it was in Detroit. I guess Torin got all his friends and family tickets to the game and was super pumped. During warm ups Torin disappeared and everyone was wondering what was going on. He reappeared shortly before the game started and he played. He confided in my buddy later that he was so nervous he shit his pants and had to go do a quick cleanup in the locker room!

I was hoping they'd change the name of the team. The whole "Raiders" universe stopped being cool in the 80's. Zero chance of redemption.

I was hoping they'd change the name of the team. The whole "Raiders" universe stopped being cool in the 80's. Zero chance of redemption.

I agree. New city, new identity. I guess they've moved enough before without switching names though...

I agree. New city, new identity. I guess they've moved enough before without switching names though...
Same old crap.
Enabled by people that talk shit about the situation and then turn around and are like:
takemymoney.jpg

I'm not a Raiders fan at all, but I have cheered for the Edmonton Oilers forever... so I know a thing or two about giving money away to incompetent organizations! :bag:
Aren't they currently tied for 2nd in the Pacific?

NWA was 88, so I wouldn’t say that the raiders stopped being cool or socially relevant in the 80s.
Their name and identity is what makes them money. The Raiders travel well, having fans throughout the country. They have an identity tied to specific cultures and an extremely strong following in specific ethnic groups. It’s not a surprise that you regularly see them in the overseas and international games, despite us sucking.

Aren't they currently tied for 2nd in the Pacific?
They sure are. Finally.

However one playoff appearance since 2006 starts to get old after a while. After last season, the shine wore off the new stadium and season-seat and suite holders walked away from their tickets in droves. I gave up my season seats when I moved abroad, but I know several people who dumped theirs recently after too many years of management drafting poorly, trading away talent for peanuts, and generally operating with a air of complete arrogance towards the fan base.

That said, I still buy game tickets if I'm somewhere they're playing. Heck, even flew to Sweden last year to watch them mail it in and get thumped by the lowly NJ Devils.

I'm not a Raiders fan at all, but I have cheered for the Edmonton Oilers forever... so I know a thing or two about giving money away to incompetent organizations! :bag:

They had the greatest team to ever play when messier and Gretzky were there.

They had the greatest team to ever play when messier and Gretzky were there.

and the Oilers organization has spent every year since then reminding everyone of that too!

I'm 38. I vaguely remember the cup in 1990 (without Gretzky) and otherwise the 90s were spent either trying to save the team from being sold and moved (almost happened) or trading away our best players since we couldn't afford to sign any of them or losing them to free agency. Luckily we still managed to make the playoffs every one and a while, only to be swiftly shown the door by Dallas most years.

In 2006 we caught fire in a bottle and went all the way to the SCF only to lose to Carolina in game 7. What happened after that? Well, our best player demanded a trade, and we promptly bungled our way through the next dozen or so years with various former Oilers leading the charge, selling the future, etc. etc.

How bad is it? The Oilers have Connor freaking McDavid (best player on planet earth) and they've made the playoffs ONCE in the four years he's played, all while GM Peter Chiarelli made terrible trades and saddled the team with bad contracts and buy-outs.

But, yeah, the 80s. ;):D

and the Oilers organization has spent every year since then reminding everyone of that too!

I'm 38. I vaguely remember the cup in 1990 (without Gretzky) and otherwise the 90s were spent either trying to save the team from being sold and moved (almost happened) or trading away our best players since we couldn't afford to sign any of them or losing them to free agency. Luckily we still managed to make the playoffs every one and a while, only to be swiftly shown the door by Dallas most years.

In 2006 we caught fire in a bottle and went all the way to the SCF only to lose to Carolina in game 7. What happened after that? Well, our best player demanded a trade, and we promptly bungled our way through the next dozen or so years with various former Oilers leading the charge, selling the future, etc. etc.

How bad is it? The Oilers have Connor freaking McDavid (best player on planet earth) and they've made the playoffs ONCE in the four years he's played, all while GM Peter Chiarelli made terrible trades and saddled the team with bad contracts and buy-outs.

But, yeah, the 80s. ;):D
That is pretty consistent with what my buddy from Edmonton says. At least everyone is on the same page.
Opening day was sold out, though. :wow:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom