IT server for small business (1 Viewer)

BonScot

Straight Flush
Reaction score
I’ll be honest. I can barely spell IT and I’m scared of technology :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

With that in mind can anyone recommend a server to cope with 3 staff growing to 10 in the next year or so?

I’m googling stuff just now but if anyone knows anything please help!!

Thanks in advance...

I’ll be honest. I can barely spell IT and I’m scared of technology :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

With that in mind can anyone recommend a server to cope with 3 staff growing to 10 in the next year or so?

I’m googling stuff just now but if anyone knows anything please help!!

Thanks in advance...

What do you need it to do? File sharing? Collaboration? Etc.?

I have a 4-bay Synology for my photo stuff and I love it. Upgrading to an 8-bay soon, but that's probably overkill unless your doing media-heavy work.

What do you need it to do? File sharing? Collaboration? Etc.?

I have a 4-bay Synology for my photo stuff and I love it. Upgrading to an 8-bay soon, but that's probably overkill unless your doing media-heavy work.
I’ve bought a CRM system which everyone will need to be able to access and that’ll run from the server. Also there will be file sharing spreadsheets and word documents etc.

I’ve bought a CRM system which everyone will need to be able to access and that’ll run from the server. Also there will be file sharing spreadsheets and word documents etc.

Synology is more of a NAS solution, but they do have some packages that can run on their server software. Have you checked to see if your CRM is Synology compatible? If so, it might be an option to consider.

Synology is more of a NAS solution, but they do have some packages that can run on their server software. Have you checked to see if your CRM is Synology compatible? If so, it might be an option to consider.
I’ve emailed the CRM people to ask them what kind of server I should go for. Reading an article just now about top servers for small businesses. Thought I could get away with a cloud based server but apparently not...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom