Issues..Maybe?? and the journey update! (1 Viewer)

MillyS

3 of a Kind
Reaction score
Hi All

I have been on PCF since March/April, thought I'd share where I am at the moment, journey so far!

Also gotta say a huge thank you to my fellow PCF members for making me feel welcome to the forum. This has got to be the friendliest forum around, people are willing to help each other out massively and its refreshing to see!

Sets so far that I have or ordered:

500 - Dice chips (lol I had to include them - but must stress PRE-PCF purchase (before I get lynched))
700 Majestics - cash set with a few sample plaques
500 Tiki Kings - cash set (really like the design)
1500 BJ AC Boardwalk GB cash set - awaiting chips!
500 BJ AC Boardwalk BG Tourney set - Awaiting chips!

Alright so that was the update to the journey. Now to the ISSUE I am facing..

It is probably best explained via a picture of a parcel I received today and I'll let you all decide where this is heading!

IMG_6811.JPG

Is there any way out of this rabbit hole?

Oh at some stage I would also like to maybe build a Paulson WTHC set. but cant do everything in 1 go... well I could but then id get murdered by the wife.

I have a theme ready I think, now need to pick edge spots and colours then get inlays designed!

I place the blame squarely on you fine people for my demise ...........my wallet (and my wife) hates you all! :p

Is there any way out of this rabbit hole?
No. Prepare a second mortgage now.

Oh at some stage I would also like to maybe build a Paulson WTHC set.
I love me some WTHC's, but customs are currently cheaper. Do with that what you will.

I have a theme ready I think, now need to pick edge spots and colours then get inlays designed!
And then more waiting after the order is placed.

Enjoy the process & enjoy the chips, mate! Looking forward to what you come up with. Cheers!

Very nice, most of us have gone through the same journey..
I am now waiting for my CUSTOM order to be completed....

Good luck, with the customs...:D

There's no way out of it once you have samples in front of you. I will say that you need to think long and hard about the artwork theme and then spend a lot of time doing mockups to find a colo(u)r progression that you really love. This is going to be something that will likely stick with you for a lifetime. You don't want to have any lingering regrets about making sub optimal choices because you were in a hurry to get your customs. If you're having trouble coming up with a theme, post a thread in the custom forum for ideas. Tell us your interests / likes and we'll be glad to spit out some ideas. Good Luck!

Tangent here, but I'm really glad to see that return address on that box. I recently bought some chips from David at Marlow, and it's been well over a week - I was wondering where they are. Now that I see that he's shipping out of the UK, I'll have a much easier time being patient.

And have fun building a set!

I will say that you need to think long and hard about the artwork theme and then spend a lot of time doing mockups to find a colo(u)r progression that you really love. This is going to be something that will likely stick with you for a lifetime. You don't want to have any lingering regrets about making sub optimal choices because you were in a hurry to get your customs.
This is really true, and probably the hardest thing to be patient with the design process. I reckon realistically I am looking at a good few months before I start to even finalise it.

Ok so I thought I would just update this thread instead of creating a new one!

My wife is away on business so I decided to do something that may get me murdered upon her return. If you don't hear from me after this Saturday, you all know what happened!

IMG_6859.JPG

Received a parcel from France........... and contained something that I fell in love with as soon as I saw it over a year ago and would consider it my dream set to own (apart from CPC)

IMG_6861.JPG

Yup, so I ended up purchasing the WTHC set, which also happens to be my first Paulson poker set! I do need to add more chips, so if anyone has any spares or Barrels of 25's, 100's, 1000's or 5000's, please let me know! You would be helping me complete my dream set!

Only 2 chips need replacing to make it a mint/very good set!

Thinking in time to also create a WTHC cash set too!

Thanks to @Momek for the set!

Updated list of owned/ soon to be owned sets!

500 - Dice chips (relegated to loaner set/if it never comes back to me not bothered set)
700 Majestics - cash set with a few sample plaques
500 Tiki Kings - cash set (really like the design)
1500 BJ AC Boardwalk GB cash set - awaiting chips!
500 BJ AC Boardwalk BG Tourney set - Awaiting chips!
357 Paulson World Top Hat and Cane (the Dream Set)]

.............................................. the journey continues

I'm interested to hear your thoughts when you get the boardwalks in hand and can compare them to your Tiki's. I missed out on the boardwalk GB but do love the Tiki's. Let's see some pr0n of those if you get a chance too. Nice job!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom