Iron Bank ceramic sets interest. (16 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This logic makes me wonder whether I should be spending money on Majestics or Milanos when for a little more, as you put it, you can get a cool ass set.

Everyone will tell you to get samples of clays/ceramics/china clays etc before spending serious money. Some people just don't like the feel of ceramics.

I know that once you buy a set, there will always be another set that catches your eye and will make you want to 'upgrade'......then another....then another....

However, if you like ceramics and like the theme, you cannot go wrong with this set

Everyone will tell you to get samples of clays/ceramics/china clays etc before spending serious money. Some people just don't like the feel of ceramics.

I know that once you buy a set, there will always be another set that catches your eye and will make you want to 'upgrade'......then another....then another....

However, if you like ceramics and like the theme, you cannot go wrong with this set

I agree - samples are important. OTOH, this is a really cool theme, and the previous Tourney set was a massive hit. I'll go out on a limb and guess that if someone bought a set of these and decided they didn't like them, it would be easy to resell them and recoup - that's rarely the case with customs, but this is one of those rare birds, IMHO.

Just make sure to get a fairly standard payable set in terms of chip quantities - your future buyers may have a hard time topping off or completing the set.

Bumping because I can.

Tournament set will look similar to these.
image.jpg

Cash set minus the purple chip.

25¢ through to $100 and green non denom.

image.jpg

cool.............Hopefully I don't lose all my money before its time to buy these, lol.

Did you mean 300 each, or 150 cash and 150 tourney? I'll put you down for 300 each...

So, how many should I put you down for?

Have you D? I recommend rounding up...
What is the per chip cost? I need to figure out denom chip counts.

Preliminary Interest count sheet:

Capture.JPG

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...l7lbrNYAYJiivnS_r-A/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true

Looks like about 2735 chips right now... If I've missed anyone, feel free to prod me.

GOCC has a 50-chip minimum per denomination printed, and we may have some trouble hitting that on the Tourney set, depending on the mix people order. On the other hand, I'm now considering adding a tourney set, myself, and I think that will cover it... also, we may get a dozen or more orders for sample set, as well.

What is the per chip cost? I need to figure out denom chip counts.

Per chip will likely be 70 cents plus shipping both ways, plus a modest art fee that Stocky will determine (to cover the costs of J5's work on the Iron Bank chips and related items.)

This is not an official order thread; this is an interest thread, so you don't need to finalize your denominations if you don't want to. We mostly needed to confirm that there's enough interest in the ceramics to warrant have J5 do the work. It looks good for the cash set, but Stocky may not be convinced that we should run the tourney set as ceramics, too.

The houses for the cash set:

25¢ - House Arryn
$1 - House Stark
$5 - House Lannister
$20 - House Baratheon
$100 - House Targaryen

-- purple not getting produced --
No Denom - House Mormont

image-jpg.33850

Last edited:
Per chip will likely be 70 cents plus shipping both ways, plus a modest art fee that Stocky will determine (to cover the costs of J5's work on the Iron Bank chips and related items.)

This is not an official order thread; this is an interest thread, so you don't need to finalize your denominations if you don't want to. We mostly needed to confirm that there's enough interest in the ceramics to warrant have J5 do the work. It looks good for the cash set, but Stocky may not be convinced that we should run the tourney set as ceramics, too.
Ah ok. Thanks for the breakdown :). I was thinking 500 to 700 chips for cash. 300 tourney.

Leaning towards 1k chips total depending on price.

Will we be getting some samples before pulling the trigger? Edge aligned is a must for me.

Will we be getting some samples before pulling the trigger? Edge aligned is a must for me.

We will be getting prototypes done to ensure everything looks how we want. Won't be able to offer samples before though.

And unless for some strange reason they can't be done these WILL have edges aligned.

Preliminary Interest count sheet:

View attachment 33984

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...l7lbrNYAYJiivnS_r-A/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true

Looks like about 2735 chips right now... If I've missed anyone, feel free to prod me.

GOCC has a 50-chip minimum per denomination printed, and we may have some trouble hitting that on the Tourney set, depending on the mix people order. On the other hand, I'm now considering adding a tourney set, myself, and I think that will cover it... also, we may get a dozen or more orders for sample set, as well.

I'm most likely 600 tournament and 600-1000 cash

I didn't take into account the double shipping. I have a strict 400 buck budget. My order might drop into the 440-450 range. We'll see.
Gonna go mess with the chip calculator to see what I need :)

I didn't take into account the double shipping. I have a strict 400 buck budget. My order might drop into the 440-450 range. We'll see.
Gonna go mess with the chip calculator to see what I need :)
Chip calculator?

1. I'll probably be buying more around 400-500 tourney. Curious to see how the prototypes looks.

2. What do you guys think about an oversize 5k chip?

I'm all for the bounty chip, as long as we have orders for at least fifty.

Not sure about the oversize... I really want these to be, as much as possible, identical to the CPC clays. But if all but one chip are the same, I guess it's OK, as long as that's what others want, and as long as it doesn't cause an undue bump in the art fees... And if Stocky is OK with it.

Because I got sucked out on in the PCF game I'm canceling the GB.

Kidding.

I'm fine with bounties. Also I will be settling on a flat $10 art fee for now. If this gains a lot of interest it may drop though.

Not sure about the oversize... I really want these to be, as much as possible, identical to the CPC clays. But if all but one chip are the same, I guess it's OK, as long as that's what others want, and as long as it doesn't cause an undue bump in the art fees... And if Stocky is OK with it.
On one hand I like it, because it'd simply be cool to have an oversized chip. On the other hand I don't as all the inlays are different and it may make things imbalanced, somehow. Don't know, just throwing ideas out there.

On one hand I like it, because it'd simply be cool to have an oversized chip. On the other hand I don't as all the inlays are different and it may make things imbalanced, somehow. Don't know, just throwing ideas out there.

Unless the bounty chip is the oversized chip

Unless the bounty chip is the oversized chip

I think that idea has merit...

I will be settling on a flat $10 art fee for now. If this gains a lot of interest it may drop though.

Just so I understand it, do you mean that anyone who wants a set of Iron Bank chips has to contribute a flat $10 fee, after which they're allowed to buy/request any Iron-Bank related stuff, including CPC Clays, the GOCC Ceramics, and associated plaques, buttons, and cover cards?

And I presume that we're still OK to offer sample sets without charging the $10 fee, correct?

With a ten dollar fee. Shipping two ways. I should be able to maintain my 500 chip order as long as the chips stay at .70 per.

Excellent!!!

Don't really need hundy's, but I will have to order some. NCV chips will have to be a no go though.

Just for record keeping purposes (know this isn't an order thread) this is my tentative breakdown.

120 x .25
200 x 1
120 x 5
50 x 20
10 x 100

starting stacks

.25 x 12
17 x 1
8 x 5

.25/.50 with a 60.00 buy in. The extra fives will give me the first three rebuys. Then move to 20's after that.

This will be a great travel set!!!!

Last edited:
Sets will be available to any member in good standing. Sorry but as I only received permission from the author as long as they weren't mass produced or sold for profit the last thing I want to see is sets all over eBay days after being produced. So if you are brand new, or shady, or a chip flipper or a hobbit, sorry but you will not be included. If you feel I am too harsh please pm to discuss.

Not all the details are Ironed (pun intended) out so any questions feel free to post them.

Cheers
Stocky

If I fall foul of this rule, then that's cool I understand. If not I think I'd be interested in a 500-600 tournament set. For this price (provided it doesn't swing too much).

Just for record keeping purposes (know this isn't an order thread) this is my tentative breakdown.

.25 x 120
200 x 1
120 x 5
50 x 20
10 x 100

starting stacks

.25 x 12
17 x 1
8 x 5

.25/.50 with a 60.00 buy in. The extra fives will give me the first three rebuys. Then move to 20's after that.

This will be a great travel set!!!!

Your fraks are opposite to the other denoms. Weird :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom