Iron Bank ceramic sets interest. (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

stocky

Full House
Reaction score
Hello all, @Mental Nomad recently came to me with an idea. Iron Bank sets on ceramics. I decided what the hell. The offer still stands for people to buy a clay version so why not do a cheaper alternative. So this will serve as an interest thread to make sure there's enough interest to go ahead with getting the art done.

Some of the finer details.

This will be for both cash and tournament sets.

@Mental Nomad will be helping and handling all logistics. There's a good chance he'll end up just taking it over as I rarely see anything through ;)

The chips will mimic the clay sets, same colors, design and "edge spots".

Hopefully will be made through GOCC with costs TBD.

Art Fee. TBD

Sets will be available to any member in good standing. Sorry but as I only received permission from the author as long as they weren't mass produced or sold for profit the last thing I want to see is sets all over eBay days after being produced. So if you are brand new, or shady, or a chip flipper or a hobbit, sorry but you will not be included. If you feel I am too harsh please pm to discuss.

Not all the details are Ironed (pun intended) out so any questions feel free to post them.

Cheers
Stocky

Last edited:
giphy.gif

Think I'll have to buy a set as well, if it's OK. At work at the moment, but will think about it and post soon. Not sure yet cash or tourney.

Yet again I find myself a victim of racism. I expected more of PCF but nooOOOOOoooooo.

Well, big feet = big cock. Don't hate me cos I have a big cock. Hate me because I am a big cock.

Think I'll probably do a Tourney set, around 300. Any chance we get a 5k plaque???

Also didn't know/see that the clay sets were up for sale until I reread the op right now! Might end up buying a small cash set of those as well.

Sorry I'm late to the party - bad timing for me.

A few comments: first, bear in mind that this thread is for interest in Ceramic Iron Bank chips.
The CPC clay Iron Bank cash set will be coming soon, as well. So don't jump in on the ceramics thinking there will be no clay cash set. But these ceramics will probably be delivered well before the CPC clays, because of manufacturing leads times. The ceramics will be run through GOCC.

The ceramics will intentionally be a (near) exact match for the CPC clays (as good on the color match as we can get), with fully aligned edge spots in the same spot patterns as the clays.

I proposed this to Stocky for two reasons:
1. It lets more people have Iron Banks - those not baller enough to get CPC clays can still get some gorgeous (or larger) sets. MOAR CHIPS.
2. We'd like to see more beautiful ceramics in the wild. Some of the prettiest ceramics I've seen are designed to look like clays. It just works.
3. It's a rare opportunity to have samples of the exact same set in both ceramic and clay.

Three. Three reasons.

I'll be firing up a spreadsheet to track interest, soon - one of the key questions is whether we have enough interest to have the artwork done for ceramic Tourney chips, as well as the ceramic Cash chips. When I get the sheet going, I'll post it here & maintain.

(I'll also do sample sets, as well - but let's keep this thread primarily for actual set interest. Stocky probably won't produce the art for the ceramic tourneys if it's mostly for samples.)

Can you give a rough estimate for about how much these will run per chip, Mental Nomad? Would affect my decision of whether I buy a cash set and how large. I haven't bought any ceramics yet, so I don't have much of an idea.

I don't have quotes or firm pricing. I've run other edge-aligned ceramics (Nine Dragons) through GOCC for 70 cents each; those are also edge - aligned. Shipping plus artwork cost TBD by Stocky.

Can we get either pics, mockups, or a url of the chips under discussion added to the OP?

Reactions: BNM
Hmm serial chip flipper ;)

I was waiting for that lol. FWIW I've never flipped a custom set. I rarely sell for profit. Hell, I've had the SP chips for a year or so I think :)

This will be a great travel set. I was looking to spend 250 on a set. Up the budget by another 100 and I get a cool ass travel set :)

Looking forward to seeing now these turn out.

One important question: on the clays, the mold is FDL. The ceramics will be flat, no mold.

Should the art represent the Fleur De Lis, or should we leave that out, since the chip is physically flat?

I want J5 to weigh in on this, being the artist involved. Personally, I'm torn; I suspect having no mold mark will be better on the ceramics, but I also want them to be as similar as possible.

One important question: on the clays, the mold is FDL. The ceramics will be flat, no mold.

Should the art represent the Fleur De Lis, or should we leave that out, since the chip is physically flat?

I want J5 to weigh in on this, being the artist involved. Personally, I'm torn; I suspect having no mold mark will be better on the ceramics, but I also want them to be as similar as possible.

Personally I think no fdl is better as I've rarely seen molds done well on ceramics.

But as I'm not getting a set I'll leave that decision to those that are getting a set.

This logic makes me wonder whether I should be spending money on Majestics or Milanos when for a little more, as you put it, you can get a cool ass set.
Save your cash and go for the good gear mate. Ceramic Iron Bank or CPC, you can't go wrong :), or your own design on either.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom