InviteTracker

Resource InviteTracker (3 Viewers)

EDIT: It's ok, I had to go into the hidden VARIABLES tab and update the date format in the WEB OPTIONS field.
1 - Thanks for this advice. Did the trick.
2 - I made some attempts to translate (in French) the differents tabs but seems that some things are hard coded in the code/functions. Befor I'm digging the rabbit hole, do you have any plan to make it work properly with other languages ? If not I'll try to document what I've done (If I ever succeed)
3 - In France we do not have this 012345678@att.com thing for MAIL2SMS. So I looked for paid services but they work as this : use an account email they give and put SMS number in subject + text in content. Same thing. Any plan to go this road before i (still) dig the rabbit hole ?

Anyway thnaks a lot this is a very well thought system. Will be usefull for me I think

1 - Thanks for this advice. Did the trick.
2 - I made some attempts to translate (in French) the differents tabs but seems that some things are hard coded in the code/functions. Befor I'm digging the rabbit hole, do you have any plan to make it work properly with other languages ? If not I'll try to document what I've done (If I ever succeed)
3 - In France we do not have this 012345678@att.com thing for MAIL2SMS. So I looked for paid services but they work as this : use an account email they give and put SMS number in subject + text in content. Same thing. Any plan to go this road before i (still) dig the rabbit hole ?

Anyway thnaks a lot this is a very well thought system. Will be usefull for me I think
I’ll look into #3. It might be doable without too much effort. What’s the name of the service you’re looking at?

I’ll look into #3. It might be doable without too much effort. What’s the name of the service you’re looking at?
HEllo thanks for the response.

It is : smsfactor.com

"Simply send your SMS as you would an e-mail.
Simply send your message to the address given below, with the recipient's phone number as the subject and your message in the body of the e-mail.
You can send SMS messages to several contacts, separating the numbers with a semicolon."

address is something like abcdefghi-marketing@mail2sms.smsmarkt.com
and there is some options for authorised senders, etc ...

The SMS2MAIL page is here : https://www.smsfactor.com/

Al Azouri updated InviteTracker with a new update entry:

Version 3.4 Released

There are three updates to this version.

1. You can now pick your date format to be Month/Day or Day/Month
2. You can now configure a delay between each message being sent to try to avoid MMS/SMS gateways from thinking you are spamming.
3. I introduced a new [CellPhone] token to allow you to personalize the subject line or the body with the cell phone number of your guest.

Read the rest of this update entry...

HEllo thanks for the response.

It is : smsfactor.com

"Simply send your SMS as you would an e-mail.
Simply send your message to the address given below, with the recipient's phone number as the subject and your message in the body of the e-mail.
You can send SMS messages to several contacts, separating the numbers with a semicolon."

address is something like abcdefghi-marketing@mail2sms.smsmarkt.com
and there is some options for authorised senders, etc ...

The SMS2MAIL page is here : https://www.smsfactor.com/

The changes I made to v3.4 may help you.

There is a new [CellPhone] token you can use in the subject line. So what you could try is to enter each persons cell phone number in the Cell Phone Column, and enter the services' email address in the email column. Then when you craft you email template just insert [CellPhone] where you need the actual cell phone number to go. You'll have to send as email but it will go as a text using your paid service.

Hope this works for you.

Hi. This looks super useful. I'm in the UK and I've got the dates formatted to the UK DD/MM/YYYY format, but the [DATE] variable in the invite comes out as the US variant (MM/DD/YYYY). Am I missing something blindingly obvious here? For example is there a way to format *all* dates within a google sheets spreadsheet?

EDIT: It's ok, I had to go into the hidden VARIABLES tab and update the date format in the WEB OPTIONS field.
Version 3.4 now has support for date formats in Settings.

Someday I’ll look into doing an export import wizard.

It’s a PITA for me too every time I want to upgrade.

Hello @Al Azouri

I upgraded to v3.4 and started to update settings. I encounter some problems :

- The dd/mm vs mm/dd option do not seems to work (see screenshots). This is with local settings = USA.
- When I try to change the local parameters from USA to France to see if it is related I get a dashboard full of #ERROR on each calculated cell.
- I rebuild the dashboard after any change in settings.

Any advice about what I am doing wrong for this ?

Will now try the SMS ...

Capture d’écran 2023-06-04 à 10.51.26.png

Capture d’écran 2023-06-04 à 10.51.07.png

Capture d’écran 2023-06-04 à 10.54.21.png

Capture d’écran 2023-06-04 à 10.55.12.png

Problem sending SMS. The "MSG-Invite" tab is stuck in sending state.
Google says invalid email.

And not sure why there is a CC in the mail.

Let me know if you want me to test further.
And how to "de-stuck" the "MSG-Invite" tab

Capture d’écran 2023-06-04 à 11.07.55.png

Capture d’écran 2023-06-04 à 11.06.36.png

Capture d’écran 2023-06-04 à 11.08.22.png

Last edited:
Mmmm . 2 things.

1 - Maybe the email problem is related to the fact that the service do not work on sunday.

2 - But I think there is a flaw in SMS logic in this case.

We need 2 different informations :

- The general email to send to for SMS2MAIL. Something like "abcdefghi-alert@mail2sms.smsmarkt.com"
- The real phone number to put in Subject. You gave [CellPhone]. But we still have only one column in the guest. Do I miss something ?

Mmmmm, nope, the mail error is not related to that. I used an other mail2sms allowed on sunday. Works directly from my mail but fails on Google. Strange.
I also tried to fool the spreadsheet logic by :

- putting real phone number in "phone number"
- creating a fake guest (ZZ-MAIL2SMS) with the generic email for sms2mail and put this guest in copy.

But we got the same "invalid email".

Capture d’écran 2023-06-04 à 11.42.33.png
Capture d’écran 2023-06-04 à 11.44.28.png

OK Gmail error do NOT seems related to the mail2sms email itself (no gmail error if I send just an email to this address with your form).

May be the "comma" in address ? Not sure.

Last edited:
Hello @Al Azouri

I upgraded to v3.4 and started to update settings. I encounter some problems :

- The dd/mm vs mm/dd option do not seems to work (see screenshots). This is with local settings = USA.
- When I try to change the local parameters from USA to France to see if it is related I get a dashboard full of #ERROR on each calculated cell.
- I rebuild the dashboard after any change in settings.

Any advice about what I am doing wrong for this ?

Will now try the SMS ...

View attachment 1145619

View attachment 1145620
View attachment 1145621

View attachment 1145622

Thank you for testing and your great feedback with screenshots.

I think I fixed this.

Unfortunately you'll need to redownload the sheet to get the update.
You will still need to set the parameters to France and you'll also need to change the date formatting for the cells in the Dates tab, but after that it should work.

If you want to avoid going through setting up a new sheet you could edit the App Script directly.
The fix is in line 33 of BuildDashboard.gs. The new line should read:

range.setValue('=text(Admin!B2, "DDD " & VLOOKUP("Date Format:", Settings!A:B, 2, 0)) & if(Admin!B3="TBD", "", " (" & Admin!B3 & ")")');

Problem sending SMS. The "MSG-Invite" tab is stuck in sending state.
Google says invalid email.

And not sure why there is a CC in the mail.

Let me know if you want me to test further.
And how to "de-stuck" the "MSG-Invite" tab

View attachment 1145624

View attachment 1145625

View attachment 1145626
Try changing Type to E-mail only.
(Your message is technically going to the email address in the email column, and you are adding the cell phone number in the Subject field)

I don't like that. Something's not right here. If you want to share your document with me I can troubleshoot that. I need to get a look at your Guests table.
OK. No problem. Will invite you (not sure how to do it tho)

Try changing Type to E-mail only.
(Your message is technically going to the email address in the email column, and you are adding the cell phone number in the Subject field)
Yes I can do that, but i will only be able to send SMS via mail. Not a great problem tho.

But I think this use case need a new setup field "fixed adress email for MAIL2SMS with phoneNumber in subject".

Unfortunately you'll need to redownload the sheet to get the update.
No worries mate. This now quite easy and I'm used to do that now :)

Will try the fix tho.
I guess I have to republish a new version. Right ?

And THANKS for your reactivity ...

No worries mate. This now quite easy and I'm used to do that now :)

Will try the fix tho.
I guess I have to republish a new version. Right ?

And THANKS for your reactivity ...
No need to republish in this particular case. But you might just as well do it.

But I think this use case need a new setup field "fixed adress email for MAIL2SMS with phoneNumber in subject".
I hear ya, but I’m trying to keep it generic enough for everyone.

Yes I can do that, but i will only be able to send SMS via mail. Not a great problem tho.
You can always add a second coma delimited address in the email column. The only downside is the the recipient will also see their phone number in the subject.

The fix is in line 33 of BuildDashboard.gs. The new line should read:
range.setValue('=text(Admin!B2, "DDD " & VLOOKUP("Date Format:", Settings!A:B, 2, 0)) & if(Admin!B3="TBD", "", " (" & Admin!B3 & ")")');
I can confirm that line change works fine. Thanks.

You will still need to set the parameters to France and you'll also need to change the date formatting for the cells in the Dates tab, but after that it should work.

I can confirm that if I change the locale to france => #ERROR on dashboard.
But no pb I'll keep USA for the moment.

Capture d’écran 2023-06-04 à 14.55.29.png

@Al Azouri million thanks for the help and live debug.

I now have a working setup. For others this is what needs to be done :

1. Do NOT switch the default language to something else than US. This break formulas at the moment.
  2. Use the same MAIL2SMS gateway email in the Guest "email" column. ex : mymail2smsgateway@smsprider.com
  3. Use the nude phone number in "Cell phone" column. No in email format. Just nude number ex : 336123456
  4. Write "[CellPhone]" in the subject for Msg-tabs
  5. Use "EMAIL" type and individual .
Capture d’écran 2023-06-04 à 16.38.23.png

Al Azouri updated InviteTracker with a new update entry:

Version 3.5 released

Hi All,
I just released a major new version with the following features:

1. Added a new field to the Guests column to let you make each guest active or inactive. (This can let you quickly disable someone from the system without deleting their info)
  2. Introduced message templates. This eliminates all the individual message tabs and replaces them with just two. One for choosing and sending the message and one for defining all your messages.
  3. Added Twilio integration for...

Read the rest of this update entry...

I am definitely taking a look at doing the twillo account Integration. Anyone have experience setting this up?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom