Internet Speed Tests (2 Viewers)

is this though a hard-wired connection or WiFi? I have the gigabet connection as well, but can only get 300/300 or so through Verizon's router.

WiFi on my phone....

Screenshot_20181211-200635.png

Just got an offer from Frontier to upgrade my speed for $5/month so figured I'd do a speed test, don't think I really need anything more than this

speed.png

Pretty good, on my upgrade page it is advertised as
"Up to 940/880 Mbps (Fios Gigabit Connection)"

for comparison I just ran test on my 75 and I got 85/80 so I guess Fios runs a little high which is a nice change of pace.

Being how late it is probably helps a bit too. We dropped all TV service from Verizon last December so we upped the internet package and own our gateway/router. We stream with the Roku boxes. No more set top box fees, franchise fees and all the other BS fees they add. $79.99 and that's it. We do have YouTube TV for the live local channel and other networks. They have a nice lineup that works for us. Lots of free channels on the Roku too.

I just cut the cord and bought Comcast 1gig. The speed test shows a third of that. Is the speed test dependent on load? I have a ton of devices, including 3 TVs, 3 phones, 3 iPads and three computers, and a extensive security system hooked up to it now

I just cut the cord and bought Comcast 1gig. The speed test shows a third of that. Is the speed test dependent on load? I have a ton of devices, including 3 TVs, 3 phones, 3 iPads and three computers, and a extensive security system hooked up to it now
If the devices are actively using bandwidth, the speed test will be slower. Some devices upload/download near consistently (Amazon Echo, for example). If the security system has cameras that live stream, that is also a bandwidth hog, and will slow down your test.

I doubt all those devices are being used at the same time. 1/3 of advertised speed is really low. We have a bunch of devices too. With 4 or 5 devices being used at the same time I never go below 800mb on a wired connection. Run the test on a wired connection and see what you get.

I doubt all those devices are being used at the same time. 1/3 of advertised speed is really low. We have a bunch of devices too. With 4 or 5 devices being used at the same time I never go below 800mb on a wired connection. Run the test on a wired connection and see what you get.

I just recently upgraded to did FiOS 500/500 but they said they haven't updated the node to my hood yet and it's still just 250/250... But I'm only getting ~100. Pretty sure my router supports gigabit but I'm wondering how important high quality Cat5 cable is? Do I need to be checking my cables or what could my bottlenecks be?

I just recently upgraded to did FiOS 500/500 but they said they haven't updated the node to my hood yet and it's still just 250/250... But I'm only getting ~100. Pretty sure my router supports gigabit but I'm wondering how important high quality Cat5 cable is? Do I need to be checking my cables or what could my bottlenecks be?

check your modem too. We recently upgraded speed and needed a new modem to handle the higher speed.

I buy my own modem so I don’t have to pay $5/month forever to lease theirs.

195F1A83-EFCF-4B28-B62C-8CBB1BAB8898.png

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom