Interesting case find - if you have Apachee Royals (1 Viewer)

VegasNonsense

Reaction score
Im new to posting here; but, i've been lurking a bit as i ever expand my chip collection. so forgive me if this has been brought up before...

So, during Prime Day I was digging deep into the random stuff on Amazon and found a listing for a cheap set of 500 chips. one of those alphabet vomit "brands" that just screams chinese-made knock offs. the chips looked like metal slug acrylics and it came with junk dice, knock off Bikes, a clear acrylic dealer button and all in button, and oddly...ceramic blind chips. its an odd set. but the case caught my eye. it looked like a black Versa Deluxe case. ive never seen a listing for a black Versa Deluxe case so i bought it just to check it out. i wont link the item directly but have a screen shot...the item is still listed on Amazon US if you're interested:
1689551289926.png

Well it showed up today. and since ive not seen anyone mention this case in the forums...have some pictures.

To begin with, the full set is heavy. definitely metal slug chips. but this is about the case. the listing called it a K-type case. I'm assuming its a clone of the Versa case. but i have no idea honestly. but for a 500 chip case, its longer than the Versa 500 Deluxe. but styled closely. the latches and hinges are different but in a similar vein to the Versa. its seems just as solid
1689551484751.png

you can see how much longer it is against a Versa 500

the actual exterior dimensions are about: 24" by 8 1/4" by 4 3/8" (excluding the handle and locks). while the Versa 500 Delux is about 22" by 8 1/2" by 4"

this cases interior is off gassing something fierce. the glue the trays and foam are laid in with is strong smelling. it has a different foam in the lid than the Versa 500 case and the chip trays arent scalloped. they are simply felted square lanes for the chips to lay in. and 39/40mm chips are loose in the rows. have some pics:

hers the versa case we all know...ive got a few of them
1689552578062.png

and heres the 'knock off?" (ive already tossed the knock off bikes and dice):
1689553076351.png

there are some manufacturing defects in the interior: sawdust in the case, exposed wood thats missing its felting, the wood joints arent the tightest in some of the corners, and a few blobs of glue. so in my mind its an inferior case; but, i got to thinking... the issue with the Versa 500 Deluxe is that Apachee Royals dont fit worth a damn. but they do in this thing.

heres how 43mm chips sit in the Versa 500...they dont. if one row sits in a row the next rides high. it just dont work. infact ive held off buying a set of Royals because i didnt have a good briefcase solution for 500 of them
1689553305342.png

and heres how they fit in this odd case...they fill the width of the row with minimal play
1689553396665.png

so, if anyone has 500 Apachee Royals and is really wanting a pretty OK case in the style of the Versa 500 Deluxe. this might be the solution for you. i think i'm gonna gift the chips to a friend and finally get a 500 chips set of Royals to put in this.

does anyone know anything about this "K-Type" case or a supplier of them? id be more worth picking up the case for 43mm chips if you didnt have to buy it with these average chips and associated junk.

Thank you! A lot of us have been looking for a good 43mm case for years. I’m not paying $117 for one, but I definitely want it.

It looks a lot like this one. I’d guess this is the same case, but can’t say for sure.
https://www.thepokerstore.com/colle...00-black-empty-heavy-duty-aluminum-poker-case
Upon closer examination, that is not the same case. Whether it holds 43mm chips or not, who knows. You'd think the retailer would mention that, or the dimensions of the case. Idiots.
Anyway, this appears to be the exact same case, but in a different size. So I'm encouraged - they're out there.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1257757066...uid=cTHgI1hdRPe&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Upon closer examination, that is not the same case. Whether it holds 43mm chips or not, who knows. You'd think the retailer would mention that, or the dimensions of the case. Idiots.
Anyway, this appears to be the exact same case, but in a different size. So I'm encouraged - they're out there.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1257757066...uid=cTHgI1hdRPe&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY
There are both 39mm and 43mm version, both also in 300 and 500 chip case options when I look at the China Taobao store app

There are both 39mm and 43mm version, both also in 300 and 500 chip case options when I look at the China Taobao store app
Thanks. Good to know. I'm probably not going to download an app to shop from china. But do you know the price and shipping costs on the 43mm 500?

39mm 500 @ 149 Yuan about 21 usd
43mm 500 @ 169 Yuan about 24 usd

No option to choose US shipping, but as a reference it's about 80 Yuan (11 usd) to ship them from China to Singapore

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom