GB Completed Injection Molded Chips GB - 2021 (17 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Goldfish if you are interested in purchasing some tourney chips for conversion to higher cash denoms then feel free to PM me, but as soon as you can because order deadline coming up.

This goes for anyone else who is interested, too.

Regarding the MOQ for this order; looks like cash is in the clear, but Tournament has a bunch which are short.
  • Is the MOQ fee per-denomination? Like, if I decide to order 1 of each tournmaent just for a sample with my cash order, am I going to get nailed with a ton of extra fees on the individual chips?
  • How does the MOQ fee of a tournament chip affect a cash-chip-only order? Are all of the fees spread across all chips ordered equally?
(Sorry, just trying to stay within a budget and with the order quantities as they are now, it's scary)

The extra is per denom that doesn't meet MOQ. Yes the costs are punishing. We are trying our best to explore a scenario where all MOQS are reached so there are no unnecessary fees which must be borne by everybody.

The extra is per denom that doesn't meet MOQ. Yes the costs are punishing. We are trying our best to explore a scenario where all MOQS are reached so there are no unnecessary fees which must be borne by everybody.
Right, so when I calculate my "worse case scenario" if 2 tournament denoms don't meet MOQ, that's going to be 1,550e (775 * 2) that get added to the "fees" and spread across all chips, even my cash-only order. Got it, thanks.

@Goldfish if you are interested in purchasing some tourney chips for conversion to higher cash denoms then feel free to PM me, but as soon as you can because order deadline coming up.

This goes for anyone else who is interested, too.
Thanks much. Beautiful chips, but Gonna pass. I would need 43 mm for the higher denominations. Thanks!

Right, so when I calculate my "worse case scenario" if 2 tournament denoms don't meet MOQ, that's going to be 1,550e (775 * 2) that get added to the "fees" and spread across all chips, even my cash-only order. Got it, thanks.
So under worst case, divided over roughly 30 orders, looks like about $50 more per each order, not too terrible really.

My understanding is that options will be discussed with people ordering if and when we get to that point. I don’t think our orders are in any way commitments to bear punitive MOQ fees.

So under worst case, divided over roughly 30 orders, looks like about $50 more per each order, not too terrible really.
Yeah, that's what I'm seeing; when I add in 2 penalty MOQs, it bumps my order from $996 to $1024 - not terrible for my tiny set.

Reactions: DMZ
Also worth noting that if we get to, say 900 chips on T5k’s, it’s not worth paying the MOQ fee when we can just order 100 more for much cheaper.

Correct, which is why we the negotiations are still dynamic. Best thing to do is to lock in your orders ASAP so there are less variables to consider.

Also worth noting that if we get to, say 900 chips on T5k’s, it’s not worth paying the MOQ fee when we can just order 100 more for much cheaper.
Yes, that's why I accounted for only 2 MOQ penalties in my spreadsheet even though we technically have 5 right now.

Correct, which is why we the negotiations are still dynamic. Best thing to do is to lock in your orders ASAP so there are less variables to consider.
1621532700218.png

Assuming the only denom we won't be able to meet the minimum order quantity is T25k, the MOQ penalty will be 775€.

For that chip, the base cost per chip is 1.77€

775/1.77 is approximately 437

Does that mean if we're approximately 437 short of 1000, it would make more sense for a few of us to add some T25k to our order and sell in the classified at cost in the near future?

I just did some quick math based on the order spreadsheet, assuming no additional chips ordered. MOQ fee for the T25k + extra chips to hit the MOQ on the others not there yet, divided by the current total chips, would make about €0.08 more per chip for the existing orders. If it makes the difference between the GB happening or getting cancelled, I'd be ok with that (and IMO the MOQ fee for the T25k was always pretty likely to happen). And this is the worst case scenario, I fully expect more orders/add-ons to come. :)

Does that mean if we're approximately 437 short of 1000, it would make more sense for a few of us to add some T25k to our order and sell in the classified at cost in the near future?

Yes, something like this will be done, but final numbers may need to be crunched for more than 1 denom. I'm on it, don't worry. Every effort will be made to avoid unnecessary charges. Really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom