GB Completed Injection Molded Chips GB - 2021 (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The rest of these patterns have been done before.
LOVE this non traditional "spot" pattern

1613152860111.png

Done plenty of PCF sets in the past. Those were more budget-friendly sets. I would definitely do something else. Been watching a lot of the WPT channel on Pluto lately. Some of those Bellagio tourney chip colors combos are nice.
i think this is the magic ticket

I used to be judgemental about Americans who didn't understand the metric system, but I reminded myself that I should try walking 1.60934 km in their shoes before criticising them.

:D
Because then you'll be 1.6 km away, AND you'll have their shoes, so they cant come after you for criticizing. :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

(With apologies for the derail)
America certainly uses both systems.
Soda is sold in 12 ounce cans, or in 1 liter and 2 lliter bottles.
Milk is sold by the quart, half quart, or gallon.
Liquor is sold in fifths (one fifth of a gallon) liter, and 1.75 liter bottles.
It’s bizarre.
I’m no runner but as far as I can tell, though marathons and half marathons are measured in miles, the other races 5K, 10K are not.
We could go on and on, but we probably shouldn’t, here. But I’d say that though most Americans understand imperial measurements best, I think our measurements are actually blended with metrics somewhat evenly.
My personal favourite is how chip diameter and weight is measured in the metric system but inlays/labels and edgespots are measured in the imperial system. Its bloody bonkers!

Last edited:
My personal favourite is how chip diamter and weight is measured in the metric sysyem but inlays/labels and edgespots are measured in the imperial system. Its bloody bonkers!
Non-american companies tend to measure inlays in the metric system. Just look at Abbiati, Matsui, or B&G’s brochures.

I've got to imagine that the tournament set would be T25 based and do T25/T100/T500/T1000/T5000. Is there any interest in doing a higher denom set as some have started playing, T100 based or higher? Also... like... maybe... plaques from Abbiati?

:whistle: :whistling:

Just some considerations when deciding on chip sizes. For the last group buy many members used chips from the cash set to relabel higher denoms for the tourney set. If cash is all 39mm and tourney is all 43mm or 47mm you will lose this flexbility. By potentially making two denoms on the cash set say $100 and $500 43mm and doing a 43mm tourney set you would potentially have the option to relabel two cash chips denoms as higher value tourney chips. This would also help meet the min requirements for $100 and $500 cash chips. This is also dependant on a colour scheme that would allow such flexibilty. Im not sure if that was a consideration last time around or if it was just a happy coincedence.

Just some considerations when deciding on chip sizes. For the last group buy many members used chips from the cash set to relabel higher denoms for the tourney set. If cash is all 39mm and tourney is all 43mm or 47mm you will lose this flexbility. By potentially making two denoms on the cash set say $100 and $500 43mm and doing a 43mm tourney set you would potentially have the option to relabel two cash chips denoms as higher value tourney chips. This would also help meet the min requirements for $100 and $500 cash chips. This is also dependant on a colour scheme that would allow such flexibilty. Im not sure if that was a consideration last time around or if it was just a happy coincedence.
The flipside to this is chips from a 43mm tourney set could be relabeled as upper value denoms to a 39mm cash set

Not sure how it’s going to be done but we need to get a T5 into the mix!
Just need min quantities. 10 ppl ordering a rack each. Seems doable.

Just a thought regarding pricing. Is it possible to price chips individually if they hit the min order? That way people who want really want T5 or $500 etc pay accordingly with out impacting the prices of other chips. Seem like a more equitable way to do it.

Sorry I responded to the wrong one, I meant this gives you flexibility both ways*

The flipside to this is chips from a 43mm tourney set could be relabeled as upper value denoms to a 39mm cash set

Not sure how it’s going to be done but we need to get a T5 into the mix!

Screen-Shot-2017-03-21-at-20.07.33.png

Working out the details for this as we speak.

It could be an epic set similar to the original BWLKs, with 39mm chips from fracs to $100s and oversized chips from 25-5000...and add a 43mm T5 as well.

What on earth for?
"Starter" sets.

When teaching noobies poker, it is beneficial to have a lot of "expendable" chips as new players limp into every pot - at least until they run out of "little" chips. By starting with T5s, they get the chance to play more - thus learn more - before it starts to wallop their stack.

It's not the most economical solution from a chip-buying perspective, but retaining new players can be it's own reward.

"Starter" sets.

When teaching noobies poker, it is beneficial to have a lot of "expendable" chips as new players limp into every pot - at least until they run out of "little" chips. By starting with T5s, they get the chance to play more - thus learn more - before it starts to wallop their stack.

It's not the most economical solution from a chip-buying perspective, but retaining new players can be it's own reward.
Every time you post something like this, and I have a visceral, table-flipping reaction, I try to remind myself that you’ve had great success teaching many newbies, and that I should just shut the hell up. I listen to myself about half the time.
WHAT THE HELL DOES IT MATTER IF THE BOTTOM CHIP IN A TOURNAMENT IS A T5, T25, OR T100? THE NEWBS CAN PISS THEM AWAY EQUALLY WELL!

Following out of curiosity. My ability to participate will lean heavily on the final GB price, but I have a feeling that the design and quality of chip will far exceed anything I'm playing with now.

From other threads I've read, the vast majority prefer the entire set to be the same size, or just 1-2 chips oversized.
Over time the novelty of having some oversized denoms in a set has worn off for me. Nowadays, I prefer to have all the chips in a set be one consistent size - all 39mm or all 43mm. I'm actually currently working to replace the 43mm $20 and $100 chips in my AS cash set with inlay-replaced 39mm chips.

Every time you post something like this, and I have a visceral, table-flipping reaction, I try to remind myself that you’ve had great success teaching many newbies, and that I should just shut the hell up. I listen to myself about half the time.
WHAT THE HELL DOES IT MATTER IF THE BOTTOM CHIP IN A TOURNAMENT IS A T5, T25, OR T100? THE NEWBS CAN PISS THEM AWAY EQUALLY WELL!
I get you - I truly do. This is the best I can conclude...
  • T5 is a small number. In cash terms, $5 is something you would loan a friend without ever expecting it back. $25, you might expect it back unless circumstances were dire for your friend. Yes, T5 isn't $5, but I have seen noobies sweat T1000 bets, because it "was a mortgage payment". We've probably all heard a new player say "raise $100" even though it was a T100 bet. Well versed players rarely/never call a tournament chip by "dollars". It's just how new players tend to think.
  • We start with 15x T5s in the starting stack, but 12x T25s. So by limping, the T5s last longer. New players dont think they are losing until they have to start making change. I have a new player coming tonight so I will put some pressure on this theory by starting with 16x T25s.
I understand math - barely. But I majored in human psychology. There's something to be said for throwing out the maths logic, and appealing to the new player's psyche. But if flipping your table makes you feel better.... ;)

Over time the novelty of having some oversized denoms in a set has worn off for me. Nowadays, I prefer to have all the chips in a set be one consistent size - all 39mm or all 43mm. I'm actually currently working to replace the 43mm $20 and $100 chips in my AS cash set with inlay-replaced 39mm chips.
Can’t say I don’t think about doing the same thing sometimes for my AS set. Every time I see a rack of ES 20s or 25s go up I’m tempted again

Interesting. I get the one big chip or all 39 mm in a set, but to me, if you're going to have any big chips, they need to be big relative to at least some of the other sizes in the set. Otherwise, they won't really stand out.

I think that's true but only for really big chips, not 25s or 100s. When playing with the AS set the mixed size for the 25s felt awkward. I guess it depends also on how many get into play. If you're playing a 1/2 game there could be quite a few 25s on the table.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom