I'm your Huckleberry (1 Viewer)

1641910354182.jpeg

Newb question...you can have two different images on the sides of the chips right? I like both of these a lot.

1641910462438.jpeg

I think these are the names I'm leaning towards now...so many good ideas on here.

The Huckleberry
I'm Your Huckleberry Saloon
Say When Saloon
The Oriental

I talked to all the guys in our cash game, and they like "The Huckleberry" or "I'm your Huckleberry Saloon."

Do you all think I'm Your Huckleberry Saloon is too long/wordy?

I am in the super early planning stages of a custom set. I know less than nothing compared to most of you about poker chips.

I'm related to Doc Holiday and love the movie Tombstone, and I want to do a set based off that. The poker table I built is based off the same theme.

I would try (if possible) to use like a silhouette image of this on the inlay. I don't have a name for my poker game or anything, but thinking of calling it The Huckleberry. I've ordered all the samples from CGC, but leaning towards the center square or H mold off of what I've read on here and seen.

I think I'd like to have a Southwest sort of feel to the color scheme of the chips.

Anyway, that's my thoughts so far. I'm going to take my time with every step, so it will likely take me forever to finish this. Any thoughts or feedback on any this would be most welcome.

View attachment 842944
Cool idea. Hire @JeepologyOffroad if he’s up for it. He understands the “southwest feel.”

Given your theme and that you're a Vols fan, I was thinking a name like "Huckleberry Landing" that incorporates something from your university like the Vol Navy.

Given your theme and that you're a Vols fan, I was thinking a name like "Huckleberry Landing" that incorporates something from your university like the Vol Navy.
I like that as well...I've definitely been playing around with an orange and white chip on CPC's designer.

I just started messing around with the chip designer for the first time.

Brown - .25
Blue - 1
Orange - 5
Yellow - 25
Black - 100
Purple - 500
White or Pink or the other Pink (just looking at options) - 1000

Attachments

• 0D592849-4024-4885-AA94-583FCFCC6AC3.png
    0D592849-4024-4885-AA94-583FCFCC6AC3.png
    434.4 KB · Views: 61
I just started messing around with the chip designer for the first time.

Brown - .25
Blue - 1
Orange - 5
Yellow - 25
Black - 100
Purple - 500
White or Pink or the other Pink (just looking at options) - 1000

Few things here. First, you will eventually need actual samples to see them in person, because CPC colors are wildly different than they appear on their website. Second, you can and should change the background on the CPC tool (I recommend light grey). Also under "Spot" it denotes a Level (Lx), which together with a few other factors dictates what the price of that chip will be. I know it is just your first quick mock-up, but this set would be a small fortune.

View attachment 844664

Newb question...you can have two different images on the sides of the chips right? I like both of these a lot.

View attachment 844665

I really like both of these. I would recommend black font with the denomination being red.

One of my favorite chips (from Deadwood) uses a similar silhouette-style design on the inlay and it looks incredible:

lknNRym.jpg

Thanks for sharing your progress; cool to see it evolve.

Few things here. First, you will eventually need actual samples to see them in person, because CPC colors are wildly different than they appear on their website. Second, you can and should change the background on the CPC tool (I recommend light grey). Also under "Spot" it denotes a Level (Lx), which together with a few other factors dictates what the price of that chip will be. I know it is just your first quick mock-up, but this set would be a small fortune.

I really like both of these. I would recommend black font with the denomination being red.

One of my favorite chips (from Deadwood) uses a similar silhouette-style design on the inlay and it looks incredible:

lknNRym.jpg

Thanks for sharing your progress; cool to see it evolve.

I really appreciate the advice and help! Thank you.

I've ordered all the samples from them...that will definitely help me hone things in.

I like that black and red as well.

6C70C222-AE4B-4B77-9021-BD64E4F28CBC.png

Here it is with the light gray BG. I made a few other small tweaks as well. I think I like the white chip best for the 1,000.

I'll likely chnage my mind 847 times on a lot of it, before I get an order in, but I guess I have to start somewhere.

F84E13F7-B35F-464D-877C-F4A7191EC7D3.jpeg

Which white do you like for a 1,000 chip, or are they all terrible?? Just trying to get a feel for this in general.

Attachments

• 1C49CD1B-C348-466B-BB6F-009ACA12DE20.jpeg
    1C49CD1B-C348-466B-BB6F-009ACA12DE20.jpeg
    82.2 KB · Views: 57
  • 99773015-9A4B-4CB7-BCE9-62933B6116F2.jpeg
    99773015-9A4B-4CB7-BCE9-62933B6116F2.jpeg
    82.9 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
Is this a cash or tournament set? Or both?

I haven't hosted a tournament in forever...so mainly for a cash game, but I could order whatever to make it both.

As our cash game is right now, I don't have a need for the 500 or 1000 chips, but my hope is over time it evolves and grows to higher stakes. I have a circle of friends who are just getting into poker and will play 3-5 or 5-10 I believe at some point.

CE928A6F-000F-4069-A0A2-D56032A2EBAF.jpeg

I got all the mold and color samples in. I liked CSQ, Hoarse head, jockey, A, hourglass one, and H. Definitely going with the H mold. I liked it best, and the H seals the deal.

Color wise I put the ones I am leaning toward on the bottom, with their counterparts above them. This is a nice way to compare them I think. I really like the mandarin red, but not sure I can pull that off with orange in the mix.

Attachments

• 896E503B-930B-4D2E-8BE5-AA57CFDD6254.jpeg
    896E503B-930B-4D2E-8BE5-AA57CFDD6254.jpeg
    141.9 KB · Views: 47
  • 4059CDD2-E068-40FF-9BA7-C59959C00FCB.jpeg
    4059CDD2-E068-40FF-9BA7-C59959C00FCB.jpeg
    158.5 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
View attachment 846360

I got all the mold and color samples in. I liked CSQ, Hoarse head, jockey, and H. Definitely going with the H mold. I liked it best, and the H seals the deal.

Color wise I put the ones I am leaning toward on the bottom, with their counterparts above them. This is a nice way to compare them I think. I really like the mandarin red, but not sure I can pull that off with orange in the mix.
Cannot go wrong with H!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom