Thoughts on custom Valentino High Rollers? (1 Viewer)

Allinallout

High Hand
Reaction score
Always wanted a custom cash game set and keep coming back to the Valentino High Roller set.

Thinking of swapping the .25 to the yellow as the .25 and 1 seem to be very similar.

Anyone do a custom Valentino or other BR poker chip willing to share your thoughts?

I think the Parks and Rec set by @detroitdad was done by BR

I could only find a classified ad, but I think he did both cash and tourney:
https://www.pokerchipforum.com/thre...ing-to-split-into-two-x-one-table-sets.82217/

That is correct.

Always wanted a custom cash game set and keep coming back to the Valentino High Roller set.

Thinking of swapping the .25 to the yellow as the .25 and 1 seem to be very similar.

Anyone do a custom Valentino or other BR poker chip willing to share your thoughts?

What would you like to know?

[/QUOTE]

Quailty/consistency..I have a large Nevada Jacks set. Cobbled together from multiple purchases. Lots of differences between some chips. Was there any variance in the chips across your run?

Colors - I want the most vibrant colors. Did you find any particular color to be more muted than others?

Thinking the yellow for my .25, the blue of the .25 for my $1 and the the standard $5 and $25 setup.

In hindsight, would you do anything differently with your order?

I have a sample set coming to me shortly. Having some experience with having various business things printed over 20 years I know variances are part of life, but...

Thanks!

My only frame of reference is the sample set I got. Honestly, I'm not a fan. I feel like in an attempt to use brighter colors, they end up not as vibrant as you'd expect and look sort of plasticky. Especially with the glossy edges. For a while I thought that's just the nature of ceramic, but I also have a sample of cm ceramics (the Apace empire set) and they look and feel better.

These are what I was originally going to go after, given the customization. But I've shifted to less expensive but less customizable options that look a bit more traditional.

I've handled other brpropoker ceramics and it's not a quality issue at all, I think just something about these chips doesn't work *for me*. You'll obviously see once the samples come in.

Quailty/consistency..I have a large Nevada Jacks set. Cobbled together from multiple purchases. Lots of differences between some chips. Was there any variance in the chips across your run?

Colors - I want the most vibrant colors. Did you find any particular color to be more muted than others?

Thinking the yellow for my .25, the blue of the .25 for my $1 and the the standard $5 and $25 setup.

In hindsight, would you do anything differently with your order?

I have a sample set coming to me shortly. Having some experience with having various business things printed over 20 years I know variances are part of life, but...

Thanks!
[/QUOTE]

The colors can be tricky to work with. Make sure you find a designer that understands this about BR Pro. If it hasn't been suggested. Samples, samples, samples!

I own 1400 blue Duke Silver (Parks and Rec) $1.00 chips and 75 $20.00 plaques. I use this set as a 4/8 limit set.

For their price point, and their ability to easily obtain them, they are the best bang for the buck imo.

We stack them 40 high during the limit game and there is little to no issues. They are ceramics, so there is some slipperiness, but I am fine with it. They are less slippery than heavily used RHC clay chips.

I really like the feel and sound of these. They have a nice "thud" sounding when splashing the pot with them. I will look for some pictures. Or do a PCF search for Parks and Rec, Duke Silver, ect....

If you go the custom route. Have them send you samples before building a huge set. I almost didn't, and I would have been pretty pissed off at myself.

If you are buying stock chips, just order samples.

If you like the TV Show, Parks and Rec, PM me and I will probably allow you to order a set if you want.

Bill

PXL_20240112_234750128.jpg
PXL_20240112_234630822.jpg

Thanks so much for the info and the pics.

I am looking at the semi custom Valentino chips so I will have to trust in the fact that the sample that is on the way will be a close match.

Thx again!

Chris

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom