I'm your Huckleberry (1 Viewer)

Rockytop

Sitting Out
Reaction score
I am in the super early planning stages of a custom set. I know less than nothing compared to most of you about poker chips.

I'm related to Doc Holiday and love the movie Tombstone, and I want to do a set based off that. The poker table I built is based off the same theme.

I would try (if possible) to use like a silhouette image of this on the inlay. I don't have a name for my poker game or anything, but thinking of calling it The Huckleberry. I've ordered all the samples from CGC, but leaning towards the center square or H mold off of what I've read on here and seen.

I think I'd like to have a Southwest sort of feel to the color scheme of the chips.

Anyway, that's my thoughts so far. I'm going to take my time with every step, so it will likely take me forever to finish this. Any thoughts or feedback on any this would be most welcome.

53062234-F4A9-44D5-AE9A-6D1BF052D63E.jpeg

That's really cool you have relation to him. I love the set idea and have considered something similar myself. Off the top of my head, I would say look into the horsehead mold as well as check out some Deadwood chips for great old school inlay designs. Many are simple, but really effective and nice. The latter also usually have some great bright edge spots while still keeping that same old western feel.

That's really cool you have relation to him. I love the set idea and have considered something similar myself. Off the top of my head, I would say look into the horsehead mold as well as check out some Deadwood chips for great old school inlay designs. Many are simple, but really effective and nice. The latter also usually have some great bright edge spots while still keeping that same old western feel.
Thank you for the feedback! I'll check out the Deadwood chips, as well as the horsehead mold...that's a good idea.

I posted some pics of my table in my intro thread, but thought I'd put some in here as it goes along with the theme. The chips, picture, cards, etc...are all under an epoxy layer.

Please excuse the dirty table.

Attachments

• BE8513CC-5214-47D7-808A-226072C1227D.jpeg
    BE8513CC-5214-47D7-808A-226072C1227D.jpeg
    163.2 KB · Views: 156
  • 1DF47588-E6FF-4B2B-B27E-43178FBB35DA.jpeg
    1DF47588-E6FF-4B2B-B27E-43178FBB35DA.jpeg
    127.2 KB · Views: 152
  • BF0A0802-559D-48E3-B64F-9BC9BE44BE8B.jpeg
    BF0A0802-559D-48E3-B64F-9BC9BE44BE8B.jpeg
    189.8 KB · Views: 156
  • 64DD0B13-EA6B-42F2-A969-4A06565EA28D.jpeg
    64DD0B13-EA6B-42F2-A969-4A06565EA28D.jpeg
    185.6 KB · Views: 164
  • A4C2E89B-DFD5-4331-9DA5-010AFF00CF79.jpeg
    A4C2E89B-DFD5-4331-9DA5-010AFF00CF79.jpeg
    192.2 KB · Views: 169
Love this idea! Can’t wait to see how it comes along.

If you want an alliteration:
Huckleberry Hall
Huckleberry House

You could use the pistols some where in there too maybe.

Attachments

• 1D04F777-E8E5-45BB-A268-503043980807.jpeg
    1D04F777-E8E5-45BB-A268-503043980807.jpeg
    23.4 KB · Views: 92
Huge fan here of Val Kilmer's performance!

View attachment 843151

Doc's Place
Doc's Saloon
Doc's Gambling Den
"I'm your Huckleberry."
"Say When."
"You're a Daisy if you do."
"In Vino Veritas"
just spitballin' :)
I really like this as an inspiration for the inlay!! Simple, yet cool and focuses more on Doc Holiday vs the movie. (Although it is a great movie and Val played the best Doc Holiday ever!!)

Love the idea for set and being related to Holiday makes even better!

Huckleberry Hall
Huckleberry House

Huckleberry Gambling Hall
Huckleberry Saloon
Boot Hill
Huckleberry Club
Doc's Den

To piggyback onto youse guys:

Tombstone Tavern
Tombstone Taphouse

Huckleberry Hall
Huckleberry House

Those are great Dan! So many awesome ideas...I love the input from everyone.

Huge fan here of Val Kilmer's performance!

View attachment 843151

Doc's Place
Doc's Saloon
Doc's Gambling Den
Doc's Roadhouse
Doc's Lounge
"I'm your Huckleberry."
"Say When."
"You're a Daisy if you do."
"In Vino Veritas"
just spitballin' :)

If anyone hasn’t seen it, the documentary call “Val” about his struggle with throat cancer is pretty incredible.

"Oriental"

and use the graphics from the chips you have in the table.......
This is the correct answer. Love the ideas thrown around, but with these chips already in the table it would be hard to beat. Maybe not the same chip design, but the Oriental Saloon name would be perfect.

I have also worked on a similar theme as I think I've seen that movie more than others. Also love the southwest and old west, and my wife and aunt both grew up in Tucson.

Another theme I'm working with right now is for the Weathford Hotel/ Zane Gray Ballroom from Flagstaff, AZ. It's my all-time favorite place to drink, and the Zane Gray room upstairs actually has the original Tombstone bar.

This is the correct answer. Love the ideas thrown around, but with these chips already in the table it would be hard to beat. Maybe not the same chip design, but the Oriental Saloon name would be perfect.

I have also worked on a similar theme as I think I've seen that movie more than others. Also love the southwest and old west, and my wife and aunt both grew up in Tucson.

Another theme I'm working with right now is for the Weathford Hotel/ Zane Gray Ballroom from Flagstaff, AZ. It's my all-time favorite place to drink, and the Zane Gray room upstairs actually has the original Tombstone bar.
That's cool! Looking forward to seeing the set yoir working on. I've been through Tucson. I toured Old Ticson studios a few years ago where so many Westerns were filmed...including part of Tombstone.

My initial thought was to go with The Oriental Saloon, and I might still do that...I like the Doc Holiday focus as well.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom