If you buy from Amazon, consider doing this!!! (1 Viewer)

UW85

Pair
Supporter
Reaction score
Amazon has a very generous giving program with lots of choices. All you have to do is tell them who you want your $ to go to and a decent % will be donated. I want to say it's like 5% or something. Way higher than I thought and of course it doesn't cost you any more money.

Anyway if you go here: https://smile.amazon.com/ (LINK) You can search your favorite charity and maybe you can help them out.

If you don't have one, hey, select Northshore Schools Foundation (supports kids & programs in our district).

Pretty cool IMO.
:)

It's actually 0.5% -- so a pretty tiny proportion, but it all adds up! King County Humane Society will gets my half percent.

good thread to alert folks if they're unaware UW. i tend to rotate mine around, but all are animal orgs. nice to have a bit going to them even if it's just a small amount.

Just started doing this for the Highland Glee Club of Newton (mislabeled, but it's my singing group) earlier this week.

It's actually 0.5% -- so a pretty tiny proportion, but it all adds up! King County Humane Society will gets my half percent.

Dammit -- new it had a 5 in it. Honestly I swear our principal told us 5% & I just believed her. Next time I'll check. Thanks for the heads up. But like liftapint says, "It all adds up!" Why not?

I've also been on this for a while. Like Jbutler, I have been supporting nature/animal organizations.

We have a few local organizations that do this so I always pick one of those. Nice that they give something to them even if it is a small amount.

I see a lot of comments indicating "small amount". In 2013, Amazon had a net operating margin of 0.46%. When a company is willing to donate what amounts to their entire profit to charity, that's pretty huge.

And now I can shop and help a charity while sitting in my underwear. :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom