If you buy from Amazon, consider doing this!!!

UW85

Pair
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Amazon has a very generous giving program with lots of choices. All you have to do is tell them who you want your $ to go to and a decent % will be donated. I want to say it's like 5% or something. Way higher than I thought and of course it doesn't cost you any more money.

Anyway if you go here: https://smile.amazon.com/ (LINK) You can search your favorite charity and maybe you can help them out.

If you don't have one, hey, select Northshore Schools Foundation (supports kids & programs in our district).

Pretty cool IMO.
:)

liftapint

Royal Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's actually 0.5% -- so a pretty tiny proportion, but it all adds up! King County Humane Society will gets my half percent.

jbutler

Royal Flush
Reaction score
good thread to alert folks if they're unaware UW. i tend to rotate mine around, but all are animal orgs. nice to have a bit going to them even if it's just a small amount.

snooptodd

3 of a Kind
Reaction score
Just started doing this for the Highland Glee Club of Newton (mislabeled, but it's my singing group) earlier this week.

UW85

Pair
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's actually 0.5% -- so a pretty tiny proportion, but it all adds up! King County Humane Society will gets my half percent.

Dammit -- new it had a 5 in it. Honestly I swear our principal told us 5% & I just believed her. Next time I'll check. Thanks for the heads up. But like liftapint says, "It all adds up!" Why not?

Poker Zombie

Royal Flush
Reaction score
I've also been on this for a while. Like Jbutler, I have been supporting nature/animal organizations.

Wick125

3 of a Kind
Reaction score
We have a few local organizations that do this so I always pick one of those. Nice that they give something to them even if it is a small amount.

Poker Zombie

Royal Flush
Reaction score
I see a lot of comments indicating "small amount". In 2013, Amazon had a net operating margin of 0.46%. When a company is willing to donate what amounts to their entire profit to charity, that's pretty huge.

And now I can shop and help a charity while sitting in my underwear. :)

Top Bottom