I think I over value pocket pairs (3 Viewers)

Seven bad run-outs in 6 months of play is not particularly noteworthy to be honest.

The problem is when people get the money in good, they round up their chances of winning to 100% and get frustrated that isn't how it works. Being a 70% favorite is common with pocket pairs and that means losing about 30% of the time.
Yes! I think we’ve discussed this before, but Bart Hanson mentioned it again this week - you have to remember that when you’re a 70% favorite with a big pocket pair that holds, you’re not winning “what you were supposed to win,” you’re actually winning 30% MORE than expectation.
That said, play those pocket pairs! As Negreanu loves to say, it’s tough to make a pair.

I BROKE THE CURSE :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Yesterday:

:js::jh:, two others go all in preF, action gets to me, I shove as well……. I hit quads!
View attachment 1092560

Another:
I limped :as::ac:…. Flopped another :ah:, villain hit :ad:, he raises big, I “tank”, and call….. Trap set, turn comes:kd:, villain has big slick, bets BIG again, I “regretted my call” - river, brick, he packs another $20 in, I call again (playing nice poker, I knew I trapped him in a hole of fuck) and I called. My pocket rockets have had a successful mission to planet value.

Last one, I have cowboys, limped them again, lots of action on the table, I call it all each time it gets to me, I flop another for 3 Kings of power, won a big pot there too.

I felt great again, no more pocket pairs deaths…. Lady Luck was with my yesterday

@Josh Kifer card capper must have done it, that thing is lucky…! :mad:
While it's cool you won the hands, the preflop is kind of meh :p

It’s lifted for sure…

Officially.

2FACF6AC-A18C-4E08-AD48-A326B760ED8A.jpeg

Holding QQ last night. Bohemian Rhapsody comes up on the Spotify list. Flop is something totally undangerous like 2 7 J rainbow. I figured it must be a sign from God. I jam.

Into AA. Rebuy!
Your cards were screaming “LET ME GO!”

But you thought, “Bismillah! We will not let you go.”

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom