I am no longer doing designs (2 Viewers)

It was a real pleasure working with you Steve and this is a big loss for PCF.
Happy to know you are not leaving completely but your artworks have been second to none.

Hope to meet you IRL during a meet-up...i'm going to shift my attention to more live meetings and less digital.
Not easy but if I stop buying chips i'll have plenty of available travel & game allowance ;)

Thank you for these & take care

This thread needs more pr0n

TDC - print.png

The first time I saw Steve was at a meetup, and he sat across from me at the table. I thought he was a nice guy right off the bat. Then I realized this was @p5woody , and I felt like I was sitting with a celebrity.

I hope to see you around soon, Steve. Certainly one of the coolest dudes on here, his tremendous talent and easygoing personality also make him one of the most respected.

The first time I saw Steve was at a meetup, and he sat across from me at the table. I thought he was a nice guy right off the bat. Then I realized this was @p5woody , and I felt like I was sitting with a celebrity.

I hope to see you around soon, Steve. Certainly one of the coolest dudes on here, his tremendous talent and easygoing personality also make him one of the most respected.

It was awesome having Steve at my meet up and getting my @Ben8257 bourbons into play with the "celebrity designer" sitting at the table with me!!

You’ve been very generous and I’ll add my thanks to the long list of folks you’ve gone out of your way to help. You have a real talent and I’m glad to see that you’ll still get to use those skills.

This was the start of Steve's and I relationship. I had a really good couple of months. I impulsively decided to build a bourbon custom set the b mold. Spragg told me I had about 3 weeks to get me design in. I contacted Steve and explained things to him. He said he would try to get to it in a week or so. Later that day I had my first 5 mock ups. Design was complete within the next three or four days lol.

20190130_173424.jpg

You are the man. I appreciated all the help you gave me with everything. Works of art!

Man. What can I say that hasn't already been said in this echo chamber? I had the pleasure of working with Steve on my first CPC set. Always humble and went above and beyond to ensure that you get what you want. I loved his design so much I tapped him again to design a second CPC set not long after receiving the first. We are losing all the good ones. Hope to meet at a meet up or IRL. Beer is on me.

Man, just saw this. Terrible news, but I understand. I feel lucky that I just got in under the gun and got to work with you on my custom labels. I appreciate the patience, effort and great communication Steve! I guess I have a total of 3 sets from you including the Old School and Union Station group buy. But cannot overstate how much I love the Lucky Lab Poker Room labels you just did for me!
AB1C22E6-1539-444A-9E06-1F4ABC39D22E.jpeg

You've always been very helpful with me Steve and I thank you so much for that !

Just saw this @p5woody ... You were kind enough to donate to our community over the years, it seems unfair that we weren't kind enough to return the favor. You have influnced and inspired many to get personalized chips made and your artwork has had spinoffs for chip makers, collectors, and the community at large. Thank you very much for your contribution!

Enjoy everything that the new direction has to offer. Be well, and my the pots you win be large!

I’ve never done a project with you before mainly because I never relabeled anything, but I’ve seen your work on countless other projects. It saddens me that now I am actually looking at relabeling sets you are no longer available. I would have loved to work with you, but I get it.

thank you for all the many designs you’ve already done since I know they will be pcf history. If I could employ you and pay for a label design just pm me.

I can't thank you enough. Signed up a year ago to get some good chips for the game, now have a set of Prestige, and customs; both done by you. You'll live on for years in these parts.

Thanks Steve.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210117-215815_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20210117-215815_Samsung Internet.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 104
  • 20210410_101052.jpg
    20210410_101052.jpg
    185.9 KB · Views: 108
Steve, mad respect to you. I am sorry to hear times have changed, but I'll always pay you what you worth, incredible designs over the years . Hope you stick around to hang out, frank

I’ve never done a project with you before mainly because I never relabeled anything, but I’ve seen your work on countless other projects. It saddens me that now I am actually looking at relabeling sets you are no longer available. I would have loved to work with you, but I get it.

thank you for all the many designs you’ve already done since I know they will be pcf history. If I could employ you and pay for a label design just pm me.
You may have that opportunity!

Next week! Lol I believe Steve is making the long haul down to @Seeking Alpha Social Club game! If that was meant to be a suprise I may have just ruined it... but he is on the attendance list!
thumb_its-gonna-be-a-good-day-memegenerator-net-its-gonna-be-53544168.png

From my understanding actual footage of @p5woody or Sasquatch! Too many beers to remeber whoch picture was witch now! Lmao

It's been many years since then, but I came across this thread and I wanted to thank you again for your help in the creation of these $20 plaques from MSK for a group buy. You were very helpful considering I was so new at the time and it was greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• 20is20.jpg
    20is20.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 90
I'm don't have any history here yet. Now I'm so glad I got in on the Park Place GB so I can have a piece of your legacy. I was planning on a p5woody design for my first custom labels, but at least I'll have one set from this legendary designer.

Best of luck in whatever direction you take; I'm glad I got to see some of your fantastic work before you left.

Sad to hear you are stepping down, and even more sad to think it was due to a bad experience with someone here. I really hope this is a matter of just one or two bad apples, as I have yet to have a bad experience with anyone in my short time here.

Thanks for designing the WCB coins! Sorry to hear that the circumstances called for stopping, but good for you doing what feels best.

Sad to hear, never had the opportunity YET to get into my own custom set, but you were always on my list whenever my time was to come!

The abridged version - I am no longer doing designs

The rest of the story:
With a heavy heart, I am letting everybody know I am out of the design business. I'm not a vendor and have never advertised myself as a designer but a lot of you over the years have asked for my help with designs. It has been a true pleasure and I have loved being able to help create some great poker stuff. However, as they say all good things must end. My journey in poker chips designs started 12 years ago, I have learned a lot and met some great people along the way. I will still be around doing some artwork here and there, but probably just stuff for meetups, maybe some GBs stuff, and a few miscellaneous things. I will finish current designs and support any of my previous designs but I am not taking any new request.

I started doing designs to help people and I did everything for free. I did this to give back to the community, because I felt it was a great community and the people were very helpful to each other. I used my software to help were I could. To this day, I still never charge and tell people to donate whatever they can afford/think my designs are worth. I never got rich doing this, but it allowed me to buy some poker stuff, pay for software, and take my wife out to dinner a few times. I don't want to turn it into a business and I still give away a lot of artwork for free.

However, things have changed at least from my point of view. I won't get into specifics, I don't feel the sense of community anymore, it seems more about making money and complaining. I know a lot of good is still happening (probably even more behind the scenes), just too much of the bad stuff is hiding the good stuff. In addition, the way I currently charge for designs is not working with the current forum makeup. If I wanted to continue doing designs I would have to start charging a fee upfront and limit the number of mockups. As I stated before I don't want to turn this into a business, I have a day job for that. So I am out :(

For those that like pron, I will close with a picture of my very first design. I want to thank @ttttubby for helping me get started many years ago.

View attachment 688092
Any idea where to find these chips? Last known place i saw was pokerchip lounge but i do not see them anymore.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom