I’m going to need a bigger storage cabinet… (1 Viewer)

I like the tool cart bc I wheel it out and sit it behind me as I play and as I bank.

Each cart can fit 3-4 cash sets and 2-3 tourney sets down below.

But ultimately I hope to have enough room one day to get a shelf like everyone else or the custom wood drawers with lighting that I forget who builds on this site!

16278D79-6BA1-4145-99D1-5E9193045D3B.jpeg

8122EE2D-A6FB-4476-81D0-0422AA1D6344.jpeg

5A323286-8A7D-4172-BC1D-7B3A43638E15.jpeg

042D5952-E996-4B56-A966-0FA2FF70D5AE.jpeg

I gave up and expanded...

View attachment 952358
So I buy the chips because I love the chips. Then I realize I have no place to put the chips, so I buy racks. Then I throw those racks out because fucking @justincarothers has to go creating amazing racks that are some of the best I've seen. Then I buy bird cages, and realize I have no place to put the bird cages. So then I buy IKEA cabinets. But then the cabinets don't look full, so I buy chips. Then I buy more of Justin's chip racks. Then I realize that I need another cabinet. Now the new cabinet looks empty. What do I do?

PXL_20230530_173212814.jpg

So I buy the chips because I love the chips. Then I realize I have no place to put the chips, so I buy racks. Then I throw those racks out because fucking @justincarothers has to go creating amazing racks that are some of the best I've seen. Then I buy bird cages, and realize I have no place to put the bird cages. So then I buy IKEA cabinets. But then the cabinets don't look full, so I buy chips. Then I buy more of Justin's chip racks. Then I realize that I need another cabinet. Now the new cabinet looks empty. What do I do?

View attachment 1142978
Rinse, repeat. (You can lather if you want)

View attachment 1142978
You’re a role model to us all!

View attachment 1142978
Great post. Great pic too.

I second no glass shelving. My dad made a trophy case for me growing up that had glass shelving. It was awesome until the night the glass gave out at 2am.
Yeah like I said, if I needed those cases I would replace the glass shelving. But Alas, I got rid of all of my chips except for my custom CPCs and some samples. But then again..... If I start getting more chips again I probably need storage!

Glass shelving would make me nervous
I second no glass shelving. My dad made a trophy case for me growing up that had glass shelving. It was awesome until the night the glass gave out at 2am.
It may depend on if the glass is tempered or not, and the thickess/rating for each shelf: (found this from a glass shelf website)
- Tempered glass is 5 times stronger than annealed glass. Excellent applications are shelves, shower doors, Etc.
- Tempered glass is sometimes referred to as Safety Glass because when broken it crumbles into small granular cubicle pieces, rather than large shards.
- Most of our shelves have a weight capacity of 50-80 pounds. Please see recommended weight capacity for the glass shelf you are interested in.

But, I agree, it's something to check out or confirm first -- those display cases above may or may not be rated for much weight for each shelf.

It may depend on if the glass is tempered or not, and the thickess/rating for each shelf: (found this from a glass shelf website)
- Tempered glass is 5 times stronger than annealed glass. Excellent applications are shelves, shower doors, Etc.
- Tempered glass is sometimes referred to as Safety Glass because when broken it crumbles into small granular cubicle pieces, rather than large shards.
- Most of our shelves have a weight capacity of 50-80 pounds. Please see recommended weight capacity for the glass shelf you are interested in.

But, I agree, it's something to check out or confirm first -- those display cases above may or may not be rated for much weight for each shelf.
Is there any way to tell whether existing glass shelves are tempered, or not? I have glass shelves in my bar holding my good whiskey. I've been planning to rebuild them with wood, but might take a little bit of comfort if I knew they were tempered and had an idea what weight they were rated for.

Is there any way to tell whether existing glass shelves are tempered, or not? I have glass shelves in my bar holding my good whiskey. I've been planning to rebuild them with wood, but might take a little bit of comfort if I knew they were tempered and had an idea what weight they were rated for.
I’m pretty sure tempered glass is always required to have a stamp on it indicating it is tempered glass. Look in the corners.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom