Hunting Thread - Any hunters in here? (1 Viewer)

side-eye-chloe (1).jpg

https://www.nrawc.org/hunts/guided-bull-elk-hunt/

Here’s hunts at the Whittington NRA center almost guaranteed. It’s about 25 miles from my house so you can stay here, tie it into the meetup
$9500 is not a bad price for up to 5 days guided hunt which includes license, food and lodging. I have hunted a bunch but have not over the last several years.

I do not think I'll be doing this though since my daughter just recently got engaged. $9500 is going into a totally different fund that I never had to worry about before!!!

We will go to the Center if we have time. Maybe shoot some skeet or trap, they will provide guns. You can shoot any caliber there, even fully auto if your licensed. Even cannons and mortars if you want, but you have to bring your own. Archery ranges too. It’s unbelievable.

I'm building a 308 Win AR 10 I'm planning on using for huntng deer and whatever else that can be killed for food.

I havent' hunted in many years. but am excited about getting out there again

I'm building a 308 Win AR 10 I'm planning on using for huntng deer and whatever else that can be killed for food.

I havent' hunted in many years. but am excited about getting out there again
Got any pics???

I had to put garlic and soap deterants in the peach and apple trees today, the bastards are going to eat my winter preserves!

Ours are whitetail

Got any pics???
I have the lower, upper was ordered last week, should have it in a few days. I'm looking for optics now, I literally have no idea how to choose a scope... All my guns have red dot sights with steel back up. Anyone have recommendations, please let me know.

I have the lower, upper was ordered last week, should have it in a few days. I'm looking for optics now, I literally have no idea how to choose a scope... All my guns have red dot sights with steel back up. Anyone have recommendations, please let me know.
@Ben8257

Elk is my bucket list - right now I just hunt Axis or whitetail deer in TX. Trying to plan a Colorado or Montana elk hunt next year if I can make enough room in the freezer.

Well, final day of late season "the 11th hour" as they call it, @FordPickup92 finally got to tag a buck after three years without any horns.

With snow on the ground and a high of 25 deg today she choose to go out and lay in the snow ground hunting with her TC 308 rifle... her and the Savage LT-20 haven't been getting along the last couple of years, rifles are legal here so I gave In and let her go back to her own equipment.

30 minutes later she came back in super excited... I didn't even hear a shot with the fire rolling in here. She said "shot him in the back of the shoulder and he went straight down!"

"Fine I will put the chips down and get the tractor... but I'm going in my jammies!"

If you don't like blood... then why the hell are you even looking at this thread? Lol
20220108_154327.jpg

20220108_154334.jpg

20220108_154356.jpg

She 10 ringed him!
20220108_154408.jpg

Down to the river for gutting and then an easy drag in the snow back to the Kabota! Lol
20220108_155436.jpg

Super Proud of you Beautiful! Our luck in 2022 continues! Fantastic way to end the season. Something to do while watching football tomorrow, lots of meat grinding gonna happen!

@Littleluck55 is always asking how her season is going, how bout that one Sonny?

Well, final day of late season "the 11th hour" as they call it, @FordPickup92 finally got to tag a buck after three years without any horns.

With snow on the ground and a high of 25 deg today she choose to go out and lay in the snow ground hunting with her TC 308 rifle... her and the Savage LT-20 haven't been getting along the last couple of years, rifles are legal here so I gave In and let her go back to her own equipment.

30 minutes later she came back in super excited... I didn't even hear a shot with the fire rolling in here. She said "shot him in the back of the shoulder and he went straight down!"

"Fine I will put the chips down and get the tractor... but I'm going in my jammies!"

If you don't like blood... then why the hell are you even looking at this thread? Lol
View attachment 843168
View attachment 843169
View attachment 843172
She 10 ringed him!
View attachment 843173
Down to the river for gutting and then an easy drag in the snow back to the Kabota! Lol
View attachment 843174
Super Proud of you Beautiful! Our luck in 2022 continues! Fantastic way to end the season. Something to do while watching football tomorrow, lots of meat grinding gonna happen!

@Littleluck55 is always asking how her season is going, how bout that one Sonny?

Dibs on the back straps!

Avid hunter, yes. Elk hunting, I would strongly recommend a paid guided hunting trip. It's not as surreal as going out in the woods and doing it all yourself, but its alot safer and you will have assistance with the more challenging parts (like actually getting the animal off the mountain)
Truer words have never been spoken!

Edit: Damnit - hate it when I reply to threads that are a year old and have moved well past the original post - before I realize they are a year old :ROFL: :ROFLMAO::ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Truer words have never been spoken!

Edit: Damnit - hate it when I reply to threads that are a year old and have moved well past the original post - before I realize they are a year old :ROFL: :ROFLMAO::ROFL: :ROFLMAO:
All good! I will be bumpimg this thread shortly with a current update so in all reality it was excellent timing. Now I don't have to spend 30 minutes trying to find it:)

Edit: nevermind Ben got the update above!

View attachment 843168
View attachment 843169
View attachment 843172
She 10 ringed him!
View attachment 843173
View attachment 843174

Nice shot, Brie!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom