HS Cinci are a little Tipsy (1 Viewer)

ChippinUp

Two Pair
Supporter
Reaction score
Recently acquired some $5 and $25 HS Cinci chips from some local chippers here on PCF.

I have noticed that the $25 chips are very unstable compared to the $5 chips. When I stack them up and touch the top of the stack it’s evident there must be warped chips in the $25’s. The $5 chips stack substantially better. I can’t seem to figure out how to upload a video which clearly shows the issue.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is this common for Paulsons? When I compare them to my Br Pro ceramics they aren’t even close in terms of stacking.

Kinda feeling a bit disappointed here…..

Did the seller disclose that they were "tipsy" when stacked?
Seller should disclose this, but in sellers defense often sellers either don't know about this sort of thing or they don't notice. It is possible that you are being more picky than others would be too. Almost all used Paulson are not 100% perfectly flat unless they are flattened

Here is a great thread on flattening warped chips. There are many more in the search tool also. But, warped chips are fairly common. Some are worse than others though.

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/flattening-warped-chips.3903/
This works. Don't go hotter than about 140f and apply only a little pressure.

Paulson chips are way more prone to warping than CPC and other clays.

I'm sorry that this happened.

It is stated and quite known that some of the HSC $25 is a bit warp, most of the people will not even notice the difference unless it is a full barrel of warpped chips

1704392921101.png

Last edited:
Interestingly I have experienced warp on 3 different purchases of Paulsons over the last month or so. Some worse than others. Certainly is possible I am Icritical but I’m comparing all of them to my HS Cinci 5’s.

The Cinci 25’s were the worst of the group but I also found issues with HS LG 1’s and HSI 1’s.

2 out of the 3 sellers worked with me to return the chips. I certainly appreciated that and would do the same if I were on the other end. The other seller just seemed to care about offloading his stock. Certainly his right to do so but won’t be a return customer.

Long winded rant here but I now regret selling my Br Pro ceramics because they stacked much better and had zero warp. I love the Paulsons and intend to look at some of the flattening techniques to improve them more. I think my surprise was the frequency in which I had issues

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom