How to know at every moment the chip count of each player? (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Hi PCF members, I truly love the live chip count we see on TV. I was wondering if there is a way to kinda replicate what they do so one can know exactly how much is left for any given player?

This might be a very difficult thing to achieve but if we do this could be an awesome experience for the whole game!

Thank you

Hi PCF members, I truly love the live chip count we see on TV. I was wondering if there is a way to kinda replicate what they do so one can know exactly how much is left for any given player?

This might be a very difficult thing to achieve but if we do this could be an awesome experience for the whole game!

Thank you
Chips with RFID and a screen in front of each player? Is that what you’re kind of getting at?

The live stream chip counts involves a tech inputting every bet into the software. And the players are not aware, just the stream… funny memories of poor Linus Loeliger in the Triton Million London event asking everyone player their stack nearly every hand.

Your best bet is to just practice estimating stacks. You’ll get the hang of it

Thank you

Ask

Didn’t somebody have a proposal for each chip weighing a different amount. I still don’t know exactly how that was supposed to work, but somebody proposed it.
Oh, I guess if your $5s are worth 5x your $1s and your $25s are worth 5x your $5s, etc. We might need a stronger table though.
My opinion, no thanks. You see stack amounts when playing online, you don’t see them when playing live. Two different games.

The live stream chip counts involves a tech inputting every bet into the software. And the players are not aware, just the stream… funny memories of poor Linus Loeliger in the Triton Million London event asking everyone player their stack nearly every hand.

They’re wrong 60% of the time

rfid would work. It’s on my list of things to try out… ordered some budget stuff off alibaba / should arrive soon to test it out.

Not sure it would be cost effective for regular stake games but the cost of the readers is not much, it’s mostly the labor to install them and put the tags under custom labels.

rfid would work. It’s on my list of things to try out… ordered some budget stuff off alibaba / should arrive soon to test it out.

Not sure it would be cost effective for regular stake games but the cost of the readers is not much, it’s mostly the labor to install them and put the tags under custom labels.
That actually sounds very interesting, would you mind sharing some info on that? Thanks!

Awesome tournament by the way

Oh, I guess if your $5s are worth 5x your $1s and your $25s are worth 5x your $5s, etc. We might need a stronger table though.
Mythical Spartan legislator Lycurgus (litterally Wolfswork) made Spartan currency ultra heavy so that people could never carry or store too much :)

That actually sounds very interesting, would you mind sharing some info on that? Thanks!

Once I try it out sure but it’s low on my list of thingns to do these days so not sure how long it will take. It’s hard to find motivation because I kind of doubt there’s enough demand to make it worthwhile.

It would probably be at least a $2 a chip premium to make sense. More if the chips have to be murdered, less if they’re China Clay blanks.

Once I try it out sure but it’s low on my list of thingns to do these days so not sure how long it will take. It’s hard to find motivation because I kind of doubt there’s enough demand to make it worthwhile.

It would probably be at least a $2 a chip premium to make sense. More if the chips have to be murdered, less if they’re China Clay blanks.
Yeah, guess I will have to count chips manually for a looooong time LOL

Play with a cap. Then the only stack size of note is one that is smaller than the cap.

Please excuse my ignorance but what is a cap?
A maximum amount at risk each hand. Let's say you're playing 1/2 NLHE, you might set the cap at 200 big blinds, or $400. Once a player puts $400 in during a hand, that's the maximum, no more betting. You could have a $3500 stack, but your effective stack size is $400. I like doing this in my home game because I don't have to monitor buy-ins, just get whatever chips you want. It gets more chips on the table. And it makes for more action. Big stacks are more willing to go at each other, because just the cap is at risk each hand.

it definitely solves the stack size mystery but as far as creating more action… I find it depends on the players. A lot of people are more reluctant to put a lot in the pot pre when stacks are smaller because there’s just not much room to outmaneuver others and the value of your hand preflop matters much more.

If you’re at my table this weekend, I’m going to ask for a count every hand… and every street
Mark: how much you got
Pat: About $40,000
Mark: I only see 4 yellows and 25 blacks
Pat: (Slowly counting) one, two, three, four, (puts blacks in stacks of 3), 300, 600,900, 1200, 40,000. Yep, I have exactly 40,000
Mark: all in
Pat: Fold

Mark: how much you got
Pat: About $40,000
Mark: I only see 4 yellows and 25 blacks
Pat: (Slowly counting) one, two, three, four, (puts blacks in stacks of 3), 300, 600,900, 1200, 40,000. Yep, I have exactly 40,000
Mark: all in
Pat: Fold
First hand …
Pat: raise, 100
Mark: can I get a count please?
Pat: 10,900
Mark: call…
….. flop…..
Pat: check
Mark: can I get a count please?
Pat: …

You could have a $3500 stack, but your effective stack size is $400. I like doing this in my home game because I don't have to monitor buy-ins, just get whatever chips you want.
Huh?

If someone is requesting a count, and you think they're being an ass about it, just say no (or don't say anything at all). As long as your chips are displayed so that nothing is hidden - i.e. big chips out front - you're under no obligation to give any player at the table a count of your chips. They can see for themselves and make their own estimate as best they can.

I was wondering if there is a way to kinda replicate what they do so one can know exactly how much is left for any given player? This might be a very difficult thing to achieve but if we do this could be an awesome experience for the whole game!
That information is there for the audience, not the players. I wouldn't try to replicate it for the players; they don't need it.

I don't have to monitor the amount because there is no point to a limit on the buy-in. You can buy in for $200 or $1000 or $5678 and it makes no difference in a cap game, above some reasonable minimum of course. None of that 20 BB short stacking crap.

I don't have to monitor the amount because there is no point to a limit on the buy-in. You can buy in for $200 or $1000 or $5678 and it makes no difference in a cap game, above some reasonable minimum of course. None of that 20 BB short stacking crap.
That sounds like Limit Holdem not NLHE

because I don't have to monitor buy-ins, just get whatever chips you want. It gets more chips on the table

Right, I get it. For some reason, I read that literally, like people were just grabbing handfuls of chips and not paying for them. My brain was on break.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom