How to get the Stickyness from Overlabels off the chip without hurting it ??? (1 Viewer)

BigSlick4523

Full House
Reaction score
I just got some chips that were overlabeled and they took the labels off

so now I am back to the Original Chip with some stickyness on the Inlay

any Idea of what I can use besides soapy water to get this off without hurting the Chip Inlays ?

thanks in advance

rubbing alcohol seems to be working ok but even after u get all the stickyness off to get the smudges and smears off is a Pain in the

I've used Goo Gone, but you have to be careful. What I do is I have a damp towel, a dry towel, and a paper towel or cotton ball that I put the Goo Gone on.

I very carefully, trying to make contact only with the inlay and not the clay itself if I can help it, use the Goo Gone towel/ball to try to remove as much of the residue as I can, then I use the damp towel to clean off any excess Goo Gone, and then I use the dry towel to wipe off the moisture.

I usually do a tester first to make sure the inlay can handle the Goo Gone without being damaged. I'll sometimes see some color transfer from the chip to the paper towel or cotton ball, but I haven't had a chip discolor or anything. And I always wipe off the Goo Gone from the chip as quickly as I can and try to clean off the chip as much as I can after.

I am using barely any rubbing alcohol my fingernail and to finish it up hand sanitizer is working decent for the smearing and smudging lol

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom