HOW-TO: Build a 24" Poker Drink Cart / Food Cart / Side Table

Mr. Cheese

Full House
Reaction score
What kind/brand of paint and primer did you use. Planning to paint mine this weekend and buy materials for a second one

justsomedude

4 of a Kind
Site Vendor
Reaction score
Nice! Now to do it 3 more times.
Having a hard time thinking about that right now!! :eek::confused:eek:_O:ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

What kind/brand of paint and primer did you use. Planning to paint mine this weekend and buy materials for a second one
Everything was Rustoleum Painter's Touch.

I used gray spray primer and quickly regretted it... It just took way too much spray paint (but gave a smooth finish). Switched to brush application for the top coat SemiGloss Black, and super fine sanded between coats. If I were to do it again I'd use brush paint from beginning to end.

IMG_20160914_184633-800x600.jpg

Wipe down with a damp cloth after sanding to clean up the dust. And don't forget the tack-cloth for a good once over before the next coat.

Mr. Cheese

Full House
Reaction score
Having a hard time thinking about that right now!! :eek::confused:eek:_O:ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Everything was Rustoleum Painter's Touch.

I used gray spray primer and quickly regretted it... It just took way too much spray paint (but gave a smooth finish). Switched to brush application for the top coat SemiGloss Black, and super fine sanded between coats. If I were to do it again I'd use brush paint from beginning to end.

View attachment 55954

Wipe down with a damp cloth after sanding to clean up the dust. And don't forget the tack-cloth for a good once over before the next coat.
Sweet, thanks for the info!

DoubleEagle

Flush
Reaction score
I have built six of these from my own design which is surprisingly similar to this build thread. However, I am not really pleased with the finish. I used a satin black spray paint from the can. Not good.

I brush painted the first two and they are aweful.

So what’s the secret to getting a nice smooth painted surface? I know surface prep is key. Clearly I don’t know squat about paint finishing.

Top Bottom