How many sets of chips is to many? (1 Viewer)

I have 2 with a third coming soon. I want more but am rarely able to host. There are a few on here who have more sets than they’d rather count. I’m sure they wouldn’t mind more. It’s up to you, your budget and your dreams!

IMG_9843.jpeg

You need cash and tourney set of TRKs, THCs, RHCs, ASM/CPC, and some ceramics

So 10 sets is bare minimum? Lol
boo-annoyed.gif

No mention of a BCC set anywhere in this post!

At last count 39 playable sets... but reallybits like 42 now and probably just over 60k chips... enough??? I guess we all have a different definition of that word.

I was gonna say one more than however many sets I own, but it looks like that's been said more than a few times already.

Real answer, it depends on the person. What's your disposable income like, how much do you actually play, what kind of poker do you play. Are you making sets that you'll be playing often, or are you a collector? The sky is the limit if you have the money and like collecting.

I'd say from a practicality perspective, it's hard to argue you need more than 4 or 5 (if that!). Maybe an exception if you're running a big club or organizing events. Cash, tournament, limit. Maybe 2 cash sets because you want to spread wide stakes and you don't want one huge set. Maybe 2 tournaments if you want a cheaper one for large MTTs, or just like to switch up the base denomination. Maybye a smaller set for bringing other places, and a larger for home games.

I'm at 5 sets, 2 cash 2 tournament 1 limit, and I gotta say, the extra cash and tournament chips are totally superfluous.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom