First Set of Chips (1 Viewer)

ruga787

Waiting List
Reaction score
436C1FBE-0800-4EA2-AACD-42C1106F969B.png

I want to start hosting 25¢/50¢ cash games. I bought this set of 400 chips for a total of $106.

Chips included in the set:​

$0.25 - 100 Chips
$0.50 - 100 Chips
$1 - 100 Chips
$5 - 50 Chips
$10 - 50 Chips

-Chip info-​

- 14 gram clay composite chips
- 3-color chips with distinctive crown design
- Incudes 5 easy-to-read denominations with dazzling laser graphic border
- Comes in sleeves of 25 chips of the same denomination

What are your thoughts on this set? Have any of you bought it? Did I get the right material? Was $106 a good price?

You already bought it, so brace yourself! I like the chips, they're okay. But you don't have near enough chips and the breakdown is rough.

Your total bank is $25+$50+$100+ $250 + $500 = $925 so that's probably enough, if you've got a full 10 people its almost $100 a person. But in many games we want to be able to atleast give 200big blinds to each player, which would be at least $100 at .25/.50 stakes. For nights where people want to play with more, they won't be able to. So what's your buyin, $50?

The breakdown of the chips would be something we would advise against: 50 cents or 10 dollar chips don't have much room, if we instead had 200 $1s and make those $10s into $25 or $20, you'd have more than enough bank (adding $550). There's also a common sickness here where we want more $5s. The way your chipset is set up, there will be lots of change made with the pot and with others, it won't flow very naturally. Something like:
100 x 0.25s
200 x $1s
80 x $5s
20 x $25s

Gives a bank of $1,125 and let's everyone get more $1s and $5s.

Bottom line: enjoy these, they're much better than the crappy dice chips from garage games! But leave here if you want to stay happy with them. Just run. Save your money and have fun with these. They're not clay, they're plastic filled with metal to give them weight.

Last edited:
You already bought it, so brace yourself! I like the chips, they're okay. But you don't have near enough chips and the breakdown is rough.

Your total bank is $25+$50+$100+ $250 + $500 = $925 so that's probably enough, if you've got a full 10 people its almost $100 a person. But in many games we want to be able to atleast give 200big blinds to each player, which would be at least $100 at .25/.50 stakes. For nights where people want to play with more, they won't be able to. So what's your buyin, $50?

The breakdown of the chips would be something we would advise against: 50 cents or 10 dollar chips don't have much room, if we instead had 200 $1s and make those $10s into $25 or $20, you'd have more than enough bank (adding $550). There's also a common sickness here where we want more $5s. The way your chipset is set up, there will be lots of change made with the pot and with others, it won't flow very naturally. Something like:
100 x 0.25s
200 x $1s
80 x $5s
20 x $25s

Gives a bank of $1,125 and let's everyone get more $1s and $5s.

Bottom line: enjoy these, they're much better than the crappy dice chips from garage games! But leave here if you want to stay happy with them. Just run. Save your money and have fun with these. They're not clay, they're plastic filled with metal to give them weight.
Yeah I was thinking a $50 buy in. I really only have 6-7 friends that know how to play. Does that amount of players make it any better?

I was thinking of breaking down the $50 buyin with 5-$5 , 20-$1 , and somehow split the last $5 with the 25/50¢ chips

Thanks a lot for your comment im definitely learning

Yeah I was thinking a $50 buy in. I really only have 6-7 friends that know how to play. Does that amount of players make it any better?

I was thinking of breaking down the $50 buyin with 5-$5 , 20-$1 , and somehow split the last $5 with the 25/50¢ chips

All of the other things @NotRealNameNoSir mentioned will still be true, but if the game more typically than not plays in more like a 5-8 person range, it’ll certainly help with the change making a bit )and obviously in the rebuys).

Okay, that works great. Dont worry about it, you have better poker chips than 99% of the world, you just came and found the 1% that really care about their chips lol.

Cool, that works. These will be fun for you, theyre a fun product and I really like how they feel.

I wish my first set of chips was as good as the ones you’ve purchased! The breakdown isn’t great as others have said but easy enough to add on.

I hear nothing but good things about these chips.

All that said I would also recommend you now delete your account and never return to PCF unless you want to be refreshing the classifieds every 10 minutes …..

Great starter set, as others have said get more 1s 5s and even more .25s (if it’s a .25/.50 game). But in a month or so you will be buying new chips here anyway, haha!

I wish my first set of chips was as good as the ones you’ve purchased! The breakdown isn’t great as others have said but easy enough to add on.

I hear nothing but good things about these chips.

All that said I would also recommend you now delete your account and never return to PCF unless you want to be refreshing the classifieds every 10 minutes …..
Hahaha! Yeah I’ve thrown myself into somewhat of a rabbit hole here

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom