Completed my first set of chips today (1 Viewer)

Tebonr

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Just completed my cash game set. Went with the Dunes chips for Apache. I think I got more than I need. I originally ordered 600 chips, but my case is a 1000pc case and I thought it looked too empty so I ordered 400 more to complete it HAHA. I didn't need the high denoms, but I really enjoy the color combos and since I decided to fill up the case I figured, "why not?". We play .25/.50 with $100 buy in. I'll break down the chip count below. What do you think? Did I get way too many, not enough, or something else? Still need to oil them.

250 - .25
300 - $1
250 - $5
100 - $20
50 - $100
25 - $500
25 - $1000
IMG_1674.jpg
IMG_1677.jpg

Congrats on the set. The 25c quantity looks quite high. Some would argue you don’t need more than 100 or so, but even if you wanted more, 140 for a game with 25c blinds is more than enough.

It certainly never hurts from a collection standpoint and from a ‘I love the way the full set looks’ standpoint…but my guess is your cash game probably won’t grow to need much of that extra 37.5k on the top end ;). At least not for a few decades :):).

Who cares though…it wasn’t a huge additional cost and they make you happy!

It certainly never hurts from a collection standpoint and from a ‘I love the way the full set looks’ standpoint…but my guess is your cash game probably won’t grow to need much of that extra 37.5k on the top end ;). At least not for a few decades :):).

Who cares though…it wasn’t a huge additional cost and they make you happy!
HAHA Yeah, it seems comically ridiculous when you think about the actual bank value. But oh well! The high denom chips are just so appealing!

Congrats on the set. The 25c quantity looks quite high. Some would argue you don’t need more than 100 or so, but even if you wanted more, 140 for a game with 25c blinds is more than enough.
Yeah, I think you're right. My original order of 600 chips only had 100 .25 chips, but I didn't think I would need that many more $1 or $5 chips. I guess I could sell some .25 chips and order more of something else if it became an apparent problem.

Just completed my cash game set. Went with the Dunes chips for Apache. I think I got more than I need. I originally ordered 600 chips, but my case is a 1000pc case and I thought it looked too empty so I ordered 400 more to complete it HAHA. I didn't need the high denoms, but I really enjoy the color combos and since I decided to fill up the case I figured, "why not?". We play .25/.50 with $100 buy in. I'll break down the chip count below. What do you think? Did I get way too many, not enough, or something else? Still need to oil them.

250 - .25
300 - $1
250 - $5
100 - $20
50 - $100
25 - $500
25 - $1000
View attachment 1253573View attachment 1253574

How do you like this case? This the Versa 1000 chip case right? I have a cheap DiVinci case from Amazon, and it is flimsy as he!!. So I am thinking I should upgrade to the Versa instead.

No such thing as too many chips.

With that many 25¢'s you can play 3-player OFCP for a quarter a point. The dollar+ chips can be used in lieu of paper money or for tracking points in boardgames.

Don't limit your poker chips to NLHE, and you will find that you have just the right amount.

...until you realize you need more.

How do you like this case? This the Versa 1000 chip case right? I have a cheap DiVinci case from Amazon, and it is flimsy as he!!. So I am thinking I should upgrade to the Versa instead.
Yeah, it's the versa case. I like it. Seems sturdy. Only thing I don't like is that it doesn't really stay open unless you kind of force it passed its max open position a little bit, but it's not really a big deal.

No such thing as too many chips.

With that many 25¢'s you can play 3-player OFCP for a quarter a point. The dollar+ chips can be used in lieu of paper money or for tracking points in boardgames.

Don't limit your poker chips to NLHE, and you will find that you have just the right amount.

...until you realize you need more.
Good thinking!! Thanks, I hadn't really thought about using them for anything other than Holdem. Lol yeah, I have already been looking at more chips

Yeah, it's the versa case. I like it. Seems sturdy. Only thing I don't like is that it doesn't really stay open unless you kind of force it passed its max open position a little bit, but it's not really a big deal.
The first thing you remove from the case are the Copags. Place the box under the case, right by the handle, in a position where you can still see the Copag box. This will give the case a slight backwards tilt, which should keep the top open as you set up starting stacks.

The first thing you remove from the case are the Copags. Place the box under the case, right by the handle, in a position where you can still see the Copag box. This will give the case a slight backwards tilt, which should keep the top open as you set up starting stacks.
Smart..I hadn't thought of that lol

If your budget is so tight you can't afford China clay or Tina options, the universe telling you that you shouldn't be gambling.

Ouch!

1000 chips at 0.40 is still $400. What is a poor college student to do? At least 600 chips will still save you $160, and you'd have enough for a full ring. You can buy a fair amount of beer with that $160....

250 - .25
300 - $1
250 - $5
100 - $20
50 - $100
25 - $500
25 - $1000

Nice! These are my favorite china clays.

Yeah, I think you're right. My original order of 600 chips only had 100 .25 chips, but I didn't think I would need that many more $1 or $5 chips. I guess I could sell some .25 chips and order more of something else if it became an apparent problem.

Maybe you have a little too many, but all good. Depends on your game too. If you have a 25¢/50¢ game with 9 players, the most you really would ever want for each player is a barrel (20). That way you give a barrel of 25¢, a barrel of $1, and the rest $5’s. Nice and clean.

Maybe you have a little too many, but all good. Depends on your game too. If you have a 25¢/50¢ game with 9 players, the most you really would ever want for each player is a barrel (20). That way you give a barrel of 25¢, a barrel of $1, and the rest $5’s. Nice and clean.
We usually run with stacks of;
8x .25
18x $1
16x $5

But, I was thinking of switching to just 16 of each, since it seems people have been trading $1 to re-up on .25 fairly often. Do you think that is fine?

You don't have to keep the labels on the $500 or $1000. You could remove them and use them as utility chips. Or nickels if you ever want to play microstakes. With or without new labels.

We usually run with stacks of;
8x .25
18x $1
16x $5

But, I was thinking of switching to just 16 of each, since it seems people have been trading $1 to re-up on .25 fairly often. Do you think that is fine?
Although I run mostly tournaments, my favorite set is optimized for 16 players, with each player starting with 16 T25's.

I hate making change.

If your friends find 16 quarters too much, you can always scale back to 12x, which is excellent. If you have a lot of limpers to the flop though, 16 is perfect.

Although I run mostly tournaments, my favorite set is optimized for 16 players, with each player starting with 16 T25's.

I hate making change.

If your friends find 16 quarters too much, you can always scale back to 12x, which is excellent. If you have a lot of limpers to the flop though, 16 is perfect.
Yeah, that's what I was thinking.

250 - .25
300 - $1
250 - $5
100 - $20
50 - $100
25 - $500
25 - $1000
Hi, I am looking to also purchase this case with a 1000 chips. It looks like you can fit a few more chips, how much would you say would be the max chips that fit? I am placing a custom chip order and figured why not fill it all the way!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom