How many sets do you have over 4000 chips in size (1 Viewer)

None.
My 5 sets (some on their way, others sold) account for almost 4,000 chips combined, plus some extras, plus some sample sets, plus some singles.

Just a different twist. Wanted to see how many people have large sets and how many

Just one:

img_2158-jpg.773989

Spirit molds. My original 1200 (not pictured) plus this recent 3700-chip add-on puts me over the threshold.

and what the name of the set is ??

Some of them are getting new labels, and I'm calling that set "The Solar Spirit". But it's a work in progress, and I'm not gonna use all five thousand chips.

No idea what I'm going to do with the extras.

Yet.

I’ve only ever owned one… and they were faux clay.

Including primary/secondary/tourney components as one "set"?

If so, then I have two, my Lounge H-mold customs and my PCA/Empress combo set. If we only count within those definitions, then zero. :cry:

(most of my sets come in around 3k each)

(I really need to do a massive photo shoot. I just need an un-committed chunk of time off from work to make that happen. :oops:)

Zero....

I always thought that anything over 1500 or so was pretty big. How many people do you have to have over to get 4k of chips in play? Lol....

How many people do you have to have over to get 4k of chips in play? Lol....
My sets have been "future-proofed". I have chips for stakes that I don't currently play (and may not anytime soon), but I decided the OCD of not having possible expansions to my custom sets would drive me nuts.

I probably only use 400 or so on average in any given game. If stakes are going to be different this week versus last, it will be a different 400 (and almost always a different set altogether for variety).

Getting 4k chips in play would be ridiculous, but probably insanely fun. I'd be willing to bet some meetups with multiple tables get half that total in play easily.

does it count if they're going to eventually be used as relabels?

with the latest chip room purchase my jack set is right around the 4k mark, more than half of which are 5's. o_O

Actually, if I were smart, that would be 8 sets of 500 -- but it's so tough to stop at 500. MORE!!!
As a general rule of thumb for me, if more than 600 chips for a cash set is needed for a single table of play, then the set is not appropriate for the stakes being played.

If more than 400 is required for a single table tournament, then the set breakdown needs tweaking.

By that math, unless a significant chunk of a set is a single denomination to make a limit set, a 4000 chip set would cover 6 tables of cash and then some and a 10 table tournament. Has there ever been a non limit 4000 chip set documented as going into play in the home game pics thread? Attending one such game sounds like it would be epic.

As a general rule of thumb for me, if more than 600 chips for a cash set is needed for a single table of play, then the set is not appropriate for the stakes being played.

If more than 400 is required for a single table tournament, then the set breakdown needs tweaking.

By that math, unless a significant chunk of a set is a single denomination to make a limit set, a 4000 chip set would cover 6 tables of cash and then some and a 10 table tournament. Has there ever been a non limit 4000 chip set documented as going into play in the home game pics thread? Attending one such game sounds like it would be epic.
the people want fat stacks!!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom