How Long is Too Long - USPS? (1 Viewer)

https://www.usps.com/help/missing-mail.htm

Start by reaching out to your post office. I did this last week for a letter and got a callback the next day from the post office. They ask that you wait a week after initiating contact to file an actual claim. But I think they take the contacts very seriously and will help you out.

I’ve got a package to Canada shipped Sep 29th, missing mail report filed in November. No updates since. USPS tracking says it made it to the destination post office, but the addressee could not be located. Canada post says they never got it. Who knows, but I think this one is toast.

I’ve got a package to Canada shipped Sep 29th, missing mail report filed in November. No updates since. USPS tracking says it made it to the destination post office, but the addressee could not be located. Canada post says they never got it. Who knows, but I think this one is toast.
Oh man I'm sorry to hear that :(

Hoping we get this one... report filed... it's been a month but two of those weeks were xmas through new year weeks.

I have had packages get stuck in the SLC facility before. Onetime it was for a week+. My best bet is to find a small USPS office in a nearby city and call them. May take a few times, but eventually you’ll find one with someone willing to talk to you. I just explain the situation and they’ll usually do something about it or give you the number to call for the facility. At least that’s what’s worked for me in the past. You’ll prolly get the package though so I wouldn’t sweat it to much.

Canada with USPS is notorious for being shit in my opinion. I just don’t even use them for things going into Canada and use FedEx or UPS. If it makes you feel any better though my parents had a gift they sent to Canada get lost for months. Then randomly USPS shipped it back to our state, to another country, back to my state, to Cali, and then into Canada. Took them so long to get it to Canada that they had gotten another gift shipped to them before the first arrived. Wouldn’t surprise me if your chips showed up at the door one day, but that’s a huge bummer that they got lost/stolen. Had that happen to me once.

Canada with USPS is notorious for being shit in my opinion. I just don’t even use them for things going into Canada and use FedEx or UPS. If it makes you feel any better though my parents had a gift they sent to Canada get lost for months. Then randomly USPS shipped it back to our state, to another country, back to my state, to Cali, and then into Canada. Took them so long to get it to Canada that they had gotten another gift shipped to them before the first arrived. Wouldn’t surprise me if your chips showed up at the door one day, but that’s a huge bummer that they got lost/stolen. Had that happen to me once.
Thank you, thats good to know. Thankfully it was only a barrel and I had extras. Resent with UPS and no problems.

I've had zero problems with Canada Post and USPS when it comes to packages going out. As far as packages coming in...let's just say I prefer my receiving service in WA state.
Haha yup my exact same experience. If it comes Canada to US no problem. If USPS to Canada…you might as well just let a carrier pigeon take it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom