How do people feel about the Atlantic club? (3 Viewers)

I think stock CPC chips are good if you don't have anything in mind for a custom design yet.

That being said, I think stock rounders are cooler than the Atlantic Club, and would sell easier if you wanted to get rid of them when you finally have a custom set idea.

Stick around for a while and once you have been chipping for years and you have multiple sets with inserts and inlays you might be looking for something new/different. I have been in this chipping game now for 20+ years, as have some of the others here, I love ALL chips.
Yep, can see that happening. Already noticed my chip tastes has shifted slightly after six months.

The stock CPC's are great candidates for a relabel project. The colors are decent and the labels come off easy enough, much easier than Paulson.

The stock CPC's are great candidates for a relabel project. The colors are decent and the labels come off easy enough, much easier than Paulson.
But wouldn't it be simpler to just custom order with your own inlay? Change a few colours if you feel like it?

Yes, that is a way of doing it. If you're not sure these are a great set that can easily be relabeled in the future. Or, the mold you want may not be used for another 18 months, so, these are a great alternative.

Last edited:
If I'm paying CPC it's for customs.

If you're not creative, buy Paulson's.
bill murray GIF

I love me some CPC but some of my color samples with hotstamps are hard to see after simply wiping them down with mineral oil.
do you know if this issue is mostly just with their hot stamps, or with inlaid atlantic club/their other inlaids as well?

I’ve seen people post examples of CPC hotstamps that shouldnt have made it through quality control - stamps that were incomplete. You could argue that this is the sort of defect that naturally happens in a handmade product, like uncentered inlays or sloppy edgespots. But I’ve owned Paulson and BCC hot stamp sets and never saw those kinds of issues. So as much as I like CPC inlaid chips, I wouldn’t buy their hot stamps.

Maybe it’s due to wear? I think this is what I was remembering. I’m not sure if this is the only example I’ve seen, but it’s something that’s stuck with me.
https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/spare-jack-cincinnati-1s-and-cpc-hot-stamps.79765/

I love me some CPC but some of my color samples with hotstamps are hard to see after simply wiping them down with mineral oil.

interesting. i was somehow completely unaware of this. i guess i am glad i went inlaid for my customs, but deep down i will always prefer hotstamps.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom