How do people feel about the Atlantic club? (1 Viewer)

CPC makes great chips. You can't go wrong. However, we chippers can be a picky bunch. Some don't like certain molds for whatever reason. Your best bet is to get a sample set, and see what you think.

Are you thinking about the hot stamp tourney set, or one of the cash sets?

I don't think anyone will say a bad word about them. Great product offered on 2 different molds. Very likeable color combinations. If you don't have the desire to design your own and you don't want to wait these are a fantastic choice. I highly doubt that you would regret the choice.

The ultimate person to comment on how he/she feels on the Atlantic Club is you.

To aid in that endeavor, a sample set of all 8 of their stock chips can be ordered here: http://www.classicpokerchips.com/stock/atlantica.htm

Get the sample set, or even two, to get a better idea of color interactions and their general feel. Some might balk at the $25 price per set, but that's a drop in the bucket to what a full playable set will cost.

Last edited:
CPC makes great chips. You can't go wrong. However, we chippers can be a picky bunch. Some don't like certain molds for whatever reason. Your best bet is to get a sample set, and see what you think.

Are you thinking about the hot stamp tourney set, or one of the cash sets?
I’ve always been so puzzled by the hot stamp stuff because I can’t imagine there’s anyone in the world that finds those chips attractive. I can’t even be in the same room with them without feeling uncomfortable!

I like the looks of the Atlantic Club chips - classic hot stamp tournament chips, in my mind. And CPC clay is great, I’d recommend their chips to anybody who wanted custom clays. But CPC hot stamps aren’t the best. I would not pay retail for this particular product.

Last edited:
I’ve always been so puzzled by the hot stamp stuff because I can’t imagine there’s anyone in the world that finds those chips attractive. I can’t even be in the same room with them without feeling uncomfortable!
I remember thinking some of those same thoughts maybe 20 yrs ago. I think hot stamped chips and plain no edge spot chips might fall into the same category. They may seem plain or even ugly in comparison at first. Years later I think they are fantastic & beautiful. For me, it's an acquired taste

What business do you have posting such nonsensical, sacrilegious rants on a forum full of scrub donkeys? @David O? @Jeff?

If I had all the money I spent chasing things and then unloading them for less than what I paid I could have bought a hell of a CPC set with custom art. I could have bought a hell of a TP set. Now? I'm just broke, a joke, a shell of the man I use to be. Don't make the same mistakes I did.

I guess you won’t be coming to my home game then!

IMG_9929.jpeg

Absolutely, deeply loved! This must be my favourite design of stock chips. In both variants- inlay and HS.

I was similarly puzzled when I joined. Seems chippers love them as there is minimal hiding of the chip colours. Still don't love them but they are growing on me.

Don't come over to my house. You will slowly go nuts from all the hot stamps.

I really like both Atlantic Club stock designs. I wish they made a 1 and 1/4 hot stamp- I’d probably buy the hot stamps.

I think they are fine looking chips. If one was looking for something that could be got relatively quickly of high quality you could do worse. That said if one has time, a significant amount of time to be fair, for a very slight financial reach would could get a completely custom set with Level 1 & 2 spots. If my math is correct a 500pc set of Atlantics are $2.30/chip and custom chips on the A-mold at Level 2 spots with inlay are $2.39/chip. Again with the ready to go nature and some spiffy L3 and L4 spots you'd be quite happy with Atlantics I'm sure.

CPC hot stamps aren’t the best.

this is news to me - my CPC customs are inlaid, but i have quite a few CPC sample sets with hotstamps and they all seem fine. more details?

I was similarly puzzled when I joined. Seems chippers love them as there is minimal hiding of the chip colours. Still don't love them but they are growing on me.
Stick around for a while and once you have been chipping for years and you have multiple sets with inserts and inlays you might be looking for something new/different. I have been in this chipping game now for 20+ years, as have some of the others here, I love ALL chips.

this is news to me - my CPC customs are inlaid, but i have quite a few CPC sample sets with hotstamps and they all seem fine. more details?
I’ve seen people post examples of CPC hotstamps that shouldnt have made it through quality control - stamps that were incomplete. You could argue that this is the sort of defect that naturally happens in a handmade product, like uncentered inlays or sloppy edgespots. But I’ve owned Paulson and BCC hot stamp sets and never saw those kinds of issues. So as much as I like CPC inlaid chips, I wouldn’t buy their hot stamps.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom