How can I improve this Craigslist find? (1 Viewer)

kaimat

Full House
Supporter
Reaction score

I'm picking up this table tonight. My current table is a rectangular plastic table covered in speedcloth with table clips. While it works, it would be much better to have a table with a rail and that does not sag when people rest their arms on it.

I am hoping someone has seen one of these WPT folding tables before and knows if the rail can be removed to easily swap out the felt.

I know it isn't the nicest table, but for $25 it will certainly be a nice improvement while fitting into my tiny apartment.

I can't answer your question since I'm not familiar with the table, but congrats on the find! It's going to be much improved over your current set up from the sounds of it

To be honest, I think of a table as having a soul, and bones.. These tables probably don't have much of a soul or solid bones. I'd value it at $50-100, and consider $25 a great bargain, and worthy of a temporary table, until you can build your own. I'd also keep it, and use it as a spare/overflow table.

If you were talking re'felting, and re-upholstering the rail, and maybe removing the folding legs, Then you may as well just put all those things on a solid plywood base with a solid play surface (do it right from the beginning). Small rounds are super cheap to build, since you need pretty much half the lumber (which is a major part of the expense). They're also much easier to build than ovals. You do a circle jig/router, and boom!

Just my 2 cents.

This was my first table topper. I eventually removed it from the pub table, and put it on top of a craigslist-find base. Total cost (including the base), probably $150 (possibly less). 48" wide lumber. 50" wide with upholstery.

E.jpg

The rail should be just screwed on. Unless it's glued down or stapled in place it should be easy to remove. Won't know until you get your hands on it. I've never seen one of those before.

It's a nice find but be careful when posting craigslist finds before actually picking them up. Someone could possibly locate the add, contact the seller and offer them $30 for it. I think it's happened here a few times.

A friend of mine used to have one of those tables. It was decent, and is a great find, for the price! I'm not sure how easy it is to re-felt. At worst like someone already pointed out, it would be a suitable overflow table.

I know it isn't the nicest table, but for $25 it will certainly be a nice improvement while fitting into my tiny apartment.

Ha! My thoughts exactly. At least they were when I tried to reply to that CL ad and got no response. I guess you beat me to it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom