Hot Tub Owners... Are they a pain in the ass? (2 Viewers)

Ok. Finally got moved in and trying to figure this thing out...

pH, chlorine, and alkalinity are way high, and free chlorine is way low.

Any way to balance this? Or should I just drain and start fresh?

3E8B18C2-8695-4E7B-9176-5673A70E2B27.jpeg

Also have a bunch of chemicals the previous owner left for us. Alkalinity and pH down only has a couple tablespoons remaining...

07F42CA3-7B6E-45E7-9B3D-E7BF8C300D4B.jpeg

Ok. Finally got moved in and trying to figure this thing out...

pH, chlorine, and alkalinity are way high, and free chlorine is way low.

Any way to balance this? Or should I just drain and start fresh?

View attachment 734829

Also have a bunch of chemicals the previous owner left for us. Alkalinity and pH down only has a couple tablespoons remaining...

View attachment 734831
Balance your alkalinity first, then your PH. Once those are stable, shock it.

Probably easier to drain and fill. You'll be a lot closer to "normal".

Everyone I know that has owned one just complains about it, but I do live in Canada where you can get maybe 4 months at most usage out of it. Pain to fill. Takes forever to heat. Constant maintenance for cleaning. Too hot in the summer to use. Too cold in the winter to use. Takes a ton of electricity to heat. Etc.

That being said, my gf nagged me to the point that we're getting one right now ;) but it's only a cheaper blowup one that you have to take down in the winter.
How can a hot tub be too cold to use? I've hot tubbed in single digit (Fahrenheit) weather no problem.

How can a hot tub be too cold to use? I've hot tubbed in single digit (Fahrenheit) weather no problem.
Just what I've heard others say. My hot tub goes up to 40 degrees Celsius and it's blazing hot.

I have no opinion on hot tubs, but that wasn’t the topic in the title. The topic was: “Hot Tub Owners... Are they a pain in the ass?”

Yes, hot tub owners can be pretentious, and a pain in the ass.

Looks like you're getting things going - as others have said, best to just start from a fresh drain and refill it.

We inherited a hot tub when we moved in to our current house with the shared idea that once something was wrong with it, we would chop it up and send it to the dump. However...after 2 years one of the pumps gave out, and we had it replaced.

The maintenance on it is super simple, and we use it all the time. In the fall and winter I'm in there 4-5 nights a week.

I also have wiring to the gazebo, so I screwed in a camera unipod to ceiling, put a camera quick release on a projector, and watch night time football or pokergo in there with a few drinks...it's hard to get me out of there most nights.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom