Hot Dog Roller Pron (5 Viewers)

I am not really feeling the hot dog roller love? In Chicago...where hot dogs are one of the kings of fast food I am not aware of any places that use them except for gas stations and movie theaters. All of our dogs are either boiled, steamed, chargrilled, or rarely grilled on a flattop (polish sausage gets this treatment more often).

Who can tell me where these were made?
View attachment 925954
They used to be known and Gene’s and Jude’s ( it still says that on their sign ). Their own website calls itself Gene and Jude’s with a pic of the Gene’s and Jude’s sign. I have always called it Gene’s and Jude’s because of what was written on the sign. What do you call it?
https://geneandjudes.com/

They used to be known and Gene’s and Jude’s ( it still says that on their sign ). Their own website calls itself Gene and Jude’s with a pic of the Gene’s and Jude’s sign. I have always called it Gene’s and Jude’s because of what was written on the sign. What do you call it?
https://geneandjudes.com/
I think I have always called it Gene and Jude's without the extra "s". But mostly I call it a treat when I can get there and pound down 3 dogs, fries, and a large grape drink. I have heard it was always Gene and Jude's but when they did the sign the manufacturer added the extra S and they just never fixed it. With gas prices now I can barely justify a trip that far for just some hotdogs.

I am not really feeling the hot dog roller love? In Chicago...where hot dogs are one of the kings of fast food I am not aware of any places that use them except for gas stations and movie theaters. All of our dogs are either boiled, steamed, chargrilled, or rarely grilled on a flattop (polish sausage gets this treatment more often).

Who can tell me where these were made?
View attachment 925954

That looks wonderful, but it is not getting anywhere near my poker table.

Had some Korean corndogs when I went to Vegas and it was one of the best things I've ever eaten!

so i recently played in a game with a hot dog roller (thanks @upNdown) and it was an amazing treat! i thought, i must buy a hot dog roller for poker nights.

but then a week later, i played in another game where the host had a slow cooker filled with water and hot dogs....and it was also an amazing treat! so i thought, i already have a slow cooker.

so now i'm torn. do i need a hot dog roller??

so i recently played in a game with a hot dog roller (thanks @upNdown) and it was an amazing treat! i thought, i must buy a hot dog roller for poker nights.

but then a week later, i played in another game where the host had a slow cooker filled with water and hot dogs....and it was also an amazing treat! so i thought, i already have a slow cooker.

Personally, I’d say no. I love steamed / boiled dogs. But I think more people like some amount of browning / grilling, which rollers can do and water will not.

do i need a hot dog roller??
4vNnasSdBTImVEQDXf.gif

I'm a huge fan of the dirty water dogs, but they won't have the "snap" that roller dogs have. If they soak too long, they can get really soft. Plus, you just can't beat the novelty of the hot dog roller. Nobody ever walked into a room and said "Oh cool, check out that crock pot."

if you are a real chipper.....

I also see a lot of "recipes" to cook hot dogs in the slow cooker without any water at all. Has anyone here ever tried that?

Taking another chance on a hot dog roller off eBay. Should be here this weekend. *Fingers crossed that this one is actually working on arrival*

Ok, I just have to ask.. What the hell is this site?!?!?

I landed here yesterday when I did a search on reupholstering my Barrington poker table. Found a great thread with tons of mods and ideas... So I spend a good part of the day shopping and buying all the goodies I need to make my table 1000% better. I am happy enough with the content of the thread that I register an account. Again, this was yesterday...

I then decide to look around and see what else this site has to offer. I thought my poker chips were just fine... But nooo!! Now I am looking at making some custom sets. I look a little further, and what is this?!?!? How come I never thought to look into hot dog rollers for our poker games?? Now I have a fricken hot dog roller on the way. Bastards!! In less than 24 hours, I have spent a pretty penny on things I didn't even know I needed! But suddenly I felt the need! I am afraid to dig any further into this site. Who knows what other wonderment I will find and need to purchase?

On a side note, the 18 dog rollers are on sale for $99 with free shipping right now (different sticker/name on the front, but looks exactly like the Olde Midway model). Edit: Upon further inspection, the knobs are not in the same place. But mostly good reviews on the site for this model.

https://www.webstaurantstore.com/gr...M_ae4Gaei-z4i-AdYmgcsW3H-kCDI-nwaArYLEALw_wcB

Just like most of the other made in China stuff, probably one manufacturer but sold under several different names.

Anyway, I'm happy I found this place. My wallet, not so much...

I landed here yesterday when I did a search on reupholstering my Barrington poker table. Found a great thread with tons of mods and ideas... So I spend a good part of the day shopping and buying all the goodies I need to make my table 1000% better. I am happy enough with the content of the thread that I register an account. Again, this was yesterday...

I then decide to look around and see what else this site has to offer. I thought my poker chips were just fine... But nooo!! Now I am looking at making some custom sets. I look a little further, and what is this?!?!? How come I never thought to look into hot dog rollers for our poker games?? Now I have a fricken hot dog roller on the way. Bastards!! In less than 24 hours, I have spent a pretty penny on things I didn't even know I needed! But suddenly I felt the need! I am afraid to dig any further into this site. Who knows what other wonderment I will find and need to purchase?

On a side note, the 18 dog rollers are on sale for $99 with free shipping right now (different sticker/name on the front, but looks exactly like the Olde Midway model). Edit: Upon further inspection, the knobs are not in the same place. But mostly good reviews on the site for this model.

https://www.webstaurantstore.com/gr...M_ae4Gaei-z4i-AdYmgcsW3H-kCDI-nwaArYLEALw_wcB

Just like most of the other made in China stuff, probably one manufacturer but sold under several different names.

Run while you can....it only gets worse

1658541858426.gif

it's not going to get any better. but your enjoyment will.

You done messed up A-A-Ron!!!!

Guys, Just wait until he finds the classifieds………. And then AUCTIONS….

1658546451030.gif

Bratwurst are the king of sausages for sure!

Quick question for Americans, do y'all have Cumberland sausages, Linconshire sausages or saveloys over there?
The only time I’ve ever heard the word “saveloy” is in the musical Oliver - it’s a lyric in a song about different kinds of food.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom