Home Poker Game at Buffalo Wild Wings (2 Viewers)

PokerJoe747

Sitting Out
Reaction score
So we were at a Buffalo Wild Wing for a fantasy draft earlier today. We chatted with the GM and asked if we could bring our monthly poker game (28 to 40 people) to BWW.

He said with that many people we could have the entire patio which is semi enclosed from 6pm to 2am. No BYOB no outside food.

Seems like having a poker night with our poker tables there is asking for trouble. We don’t take a rake. I’m curious as to if this is a good thing or not. What are your thoughts?

Where are you at? Dont love eating wings while playing with chips or cards but their food is good.

Semi enclosed, can see it from the road or parking lot or what? Id be wary depending on location.
It has a separate door…mostly enclosed but it does have open air above the windows…

Attachments

• IMG_3650.jpeg
    IMG_3650.jpeg
    140.2 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_3651.jpeg
    IMG_3651.jpeg
    87 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_3653.png
    IMG_3653.png
    488.6 KB · Views: 81
if you guys are looking for a mutual location because the game has grown I wouldn’t do BWW. We take a break and eat bbq, wash up and back to cards but having wings ordered is gonna be a sauce fest, greasy ranch mess. Expensive beer

If you need a larger mutual venue see if you can rent a community room from a local charity like Lions or a VFW

Should be cheap as dirt and to a cause, and the people should be good people

We tried to have a small game in a private room of a local bar/restaurant here in VA. We had one successful night but the owner asked us not to come back. He claimed he’s risking his liquor license allowing “gambling” on the premises.

We tried to have a small game in a private room of a local bar/restaurant here in VA. We had one successful night but the owner asked us not to come back. He claimed he’s risking his liquor license allowing “gambling” on the premises.
He might be. Depends on how the law is written in VA. A quick search makes it seem like only authorized Bingo providers can hold Hold 'em games, and then only tournaments. But I'm not a lawyer so take that for what it's worth.

https://law.lis.virginia.gov/vacode/title18.2/chapter8/#article1-1:1/

Long day off of cards, EDITED

ooops.. this was weird. Posted in wrong thread, and I have no idea how.. I started posting in the official home game thread, and it blipped on me, and seemingly erased all I had typed.. so I start typing it all out again, then post.. but I now see that it posted here? So I go into the actual home game pics thread and I see in the composition text box, my original post. How it zapped me over to this thread, I have no clue. This is a first for me. I must have clicked on someone..?

Carry on with your BBQ dreams..sorry for the unintentional derail

Last edited:
Long day of of cards, two tourneys, two diff cash games.. in the last tourney (a league game), I snagged second place and a ton of points that all but guarantee I will get to a juicy final table seat (in December). After locking in 2nd place, I meander over to the cash game table, and was encouraged to sit down and play. It’s a weird cash game, with with a Low buyin of $100, but 1/2 stakes. Half the players are on the fishier side, so I take a seat. A closer friend of mine (and very competent player) makes a last minute seat change to sit on my left… he’s super LAG.

In about 15 mins I run my stack up to $200, and the table decides they are tired and want to wrap things up. My buddy (let’s call him jimmy), wants to play three handed, but I decline. He asks for just two more orbits (presumably so he has a chance to get unstuck), so I agree.. on what was going to be the very last hand, I pick up pocket kings in the BB. Jimmy opens for 4x, I pop it 3x, Jimmy calls (heads up). jimmy started the hand with around $150.

Flop is :kh::th::6s: I bet 1/3 pot, Jimmy calls Turn is the :as: and I again lead out. Jimmy min raises…. I ship it, and Jimmy snaps and announces “I have the nuts”, and I respond “I have outs”. Jimmy tables :qd::jh: for broadway.. He deals the river, a glorious :kc:.

Jimmy exits the arena, wholeheartedly defeated and deflated. He says a few choice words on his way out, but I couldn’t hear him clearly over my table celebration.

View attachment 1193139View attachment 1193140
Thats a good looking Buffalo Wild Wings, great table.

I played in a Meet-up poker group for a while. The most of the games were held in a gastro-pub. Here is my relevant take from that ~1 year of experience...
  • The owner expects you to buy food and drink. They are there to turn a profit. Im my experience, not many will eat while at the table, and not everyone will drink alcohol. There's not much profit in soda refilled for 4 hours, so Coke drinkers are not helping.
  • We had to settle up outside of the pub. It's a public area without security, so wads of cash are best left at home (plus gambling is a no-no). Venmo or keep a log, especially if there could be a liquor-licence issue for the owner.
  • I would not bring my best chips to a less than secure location. One tower-toppled off the table could leave you a chip short of a rack. At your house or a friends place, you know it'll come back eventually, but at a restaurant it could be gone for good. I may run a little scared though, so proceed at your own risk.
  • A public venue is never as relaxed as a private location. I continued to play, but eventually I just poached the friendlier players so I could play in a more relaxed enviroment.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom