Home Game "Fee"?

Jeevansluck

3 of a Kind
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For me,

I am trying to start a new group to enjoy a social game of poker. I decided to put it together and so I alone plan to inject my own cash into providing refreshments and snacks. I've promised drinks, nuts, chips, ice and water..along with access to my fridge and toilet.

I expect no return. Just a happy group of people who want to enjoy fun poker.

I accepted from the start that to form a group would set me back a minor amount of a grocery bill. No big deal.

I figure if my dream comes true, and the game takes off and grows to solid MTTs then I can get creative with minimal cheap rakes for food and trophy and year end extravaganza that I've dreamt up.

No rake! It's food and water. I provide it..

Saoliver

Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For me,

I am trying to start a new group to enjoy a social game of poker. I decided to put it together and so I alone plan to inject my own cash into providing refreshments and snacks. I've promised drinks, nuts, chips, ice and water..along with access to my fridge and toilet.

I expect no return. Just a happy group of people who want to enjoy fun poker.

I accepted from the start that to form a group would set me back a minor amount of a grocery bill. No big deal.

I figure if my dream comes true, and the game takes off and grows to solid MTTs then I can get creative with minimal cheap rakes for food and trophy and year end extravaganza that I've dreamt up.

No rake! It's food and water. I provide it..
“If you buy a hotdog roller, they will come.”

Highli99

Flush
Tourney Director
Supporting Member
Reaction score

BHK25

High Hand
Reaction score
For those that run a home cash game, do you have a house/food "fee"? If so, how much? Or do your players like to chip in?
I don't have a fee, but anytime we buy new copaq cards all the regulars will split the cost. Just little stuff like that. Everyone mostly chips in for food or anything else. (Trying to convince my regulars to chip in on a new table lol)

EventHorizonVII

Two Pair
Reaction score
If I get asked I tell people my cost averages $10/person. No requirement to pay.

I usually provide drinks, snacks, Nathan's hot dogs, potato hot dog rolls, home brewed beer, open Whiskey bar. No one goes crazy so it's not a problem even if no one paid. But belive if someone downed a premium Whiskey over the night I'd have a talk. Some of my Whiskey is over $500 a bottle.

That's why it's usually well known characters that come.

Top Bottom