Home Game "Fee"? (1 Viewer)

I provide rivers of sugar-free coke or sugar-free ice tea, plus alcohol-free light beer, plus a couple of bottles of whiskey, plus cold sandwiches. On the house.
People are supposed to bring, in the form of a present, any extra amount of (or specific kind of) alcohol, or any other drink (eg people needing some tequila, or gin, or rum, or half a gallon of whisky, or a full gallon of milk or something, are supposed to bring it along with them).
When it comes to ordering hot food from outside, the Greek hospitality principle (about never accepting any money from guests) has somewhat been bent, 'cause I always host and this is inevitably appreciated.
So, we tend to share the bill; I 've pondered about the possibility of dividing it among the winners, in the end. But what about a single winner, with his winnings equal to the bill?

I provide nothing other than a refrigerator that people can put their own drinks in. My game has always been BYOB. Most people just bring a cooler to set next to them. We very rarely eat at my home games. Seems like that's just asking for trouble.

i personally don't take a rake or a fee for when i host games. the player's are allowed to tip if they prefer to which most do and it pay's for the cost of hot dog's and soda which i provide. I found if i decided to take a rake i would put my game at risk of moving into the "illegal" territory and don't ever want my game to become compromised. Everyone has a good time and tip's accordingly.

We have about 25 players regularly. I always provide finger foods and snacks. I usually spend around about $50-$60 on food per night. The way I recoup is by having a 50/50 draw. Half going to the house and half going to the winning number... this reduces my food costs to almost nil most night.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom