Hot Dog Roller Pron (5 Viewers)

k9dr

Royal Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
Inspired by @CraigT78 and just in time for the upcoming Suicide Queen Melee, I purchased a hot dog roller. I looked at several different brands and read a lot of reviews and settled on the Olde Midway for $99.99 on Amazon. First grill tonight for the NHL All Star game :)

IMG_0580.jpg

IMG_0594.jpg

IMG_0595.jpg

Last edited:
Shout out to @Mesnik44 who was the the first person I saw to use one. Many more have been purchased since, very smart buys! I can't say he was the first, I can't keep track of all the hotdog rollers posts.

I'll add a piece of advice to anyone who wants it. Get a scrub daddy to clean these after an 8 hour session and waiting until the next day to clean up. The brown gunk left over comes right off. Wipe clean with a dish towel. Easy peasy.

Demand must be up due to PCF as price is showing $109.99 now. Thinking about getting one for our annual Super Bowl tourney.

Now to see if hotdogrollerforum.com is available...

Edit: The good Doc beat me to the punch.

You can cook a whole mess of hot dogs in a crock pot. Obviously the rollers win for style points, but does a roller grilled hot dog have advantages over a crockpot cooked dog?

You can cook a whole mess of hot dogs in a crock pot. Obviously the rollers win for style points, but does a roller grilled hot dog have advantages over a crockpot cooked dog?

What about an Instant Pot? People are crazy about those things.

Even the most timid introverts turn into seasoned sales professionals when gushing over their Instant Pots.

What about an Instant Pot? People are crazy about those things.

Even the most timid introverts turn into seasoned sales professionals when gushing over their Instant Pots.
Ha! I have an instaPot. And no shit, like 3 months after I bought the thing, my oldest daughter decided she was a vegetarian. Thanks sweetie. So I haven't used it too much. But yeah, if you needed a shitload of hotdogs cooked in under 10 minutes, that might be the easiest way.

Get that crap to your own thread! Mods!, is a lame

(My wife is die hard instapot)
The instapot, like a crockpot, is a lame-ass cooking tool, in that it's use requires zero technique. But my vision for it was cranking out meals from frozen meats on school nights - utilitarian.
I will say that you can make a halfway decent pulled pork with an instapot, if you don't have the time or equipment to do it right.

How many passes does it take to heat up a frank, and how long can they stay warming on there?

I desperately hope to host a game someday that will warrant a hot dog roller.

How many passes does it take to heat up a frank, and how long can they stay warming on there?

I desperately hope to host a game someday that will warrant a hot dog roller.
I put the dogs on 15 minutes before the break so that they are ready at the end of the level. You can crank the heat up and cook them faster, but I've found they will split or burn. Setting the heat to 1-2 I can have dogs warmed for hours.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom