Cash Game Home Cash Game : What Stake with buyin do u play? (1 Viewer)

LeLe

4 of a Kind
Reaction score
What stake do PCF usually play at the local home game?

I used to play 25c/50c $50 buy in weekly until recently we move up to 50c/$1 $100 buy in. It basically still play like NL50 and still pretty friendly to wallet too.

I also played 10c/20c $20 buy in with my family every 3/4 week when we have family gathering.

I can’t see myself playing any stake higher than $1/$2 as I felt it will get too serious when thousands of chip value is in play

Im going to introduce some new people to cash games today, and not to scare them of we are going to start at 0.12$/0.24$ (We are playing with Swedish krona 1kr/2kr)
Around 20-40$ Buy in

Im going to introduce some new people to cash games today, and not to scare them of we are going to start at 0.12$/0.24$ (We are playing with Swedish krona 1kr/2kr)
Around 20-40$ Buy in
Nice to play live! Getting the park and recs in play?

Yes :love: Not been so much live poker the last year:cautious:

Edit: I was so focused on the live poker part that I missed that u mentioned my new set @Eriks :rolleyes: I’m definitely putting them in play!

Last edited:
Been trying to get a group together for higher stakes than what I have been hosting with 2 different groups, but mostly we play 10¢/20¢ or 10¢/25¢ at $20 buy ins.

Most of my friends that I play with do not like to play anything more than that. I think I can scrounge together a group for 25¢/50¢, but trying to get people to play 50¢/$1 or $1/$2 will be hard at the moment.

Tournaments so far have only been $10-$20 buy-ins at most, and am having a hard time getting more than 8 players at the moment.

Last edited:
Been trying to get a group together for higher stakes than what I have been hosting with 2 different groups, but mostly we play 10¢/20¢ or 10¢/20¢ at $20 buy ins.

Most of my friends that I play with do not like to play anything more than that. I think I can scrounge together a group for 25¢/50¢, but trying to get people to play 50¢/$1 or $1/$2 will be hard at the moment.

Tournaments so far have only been $10-$20 buy-ins at most, and am having a hard time getting more than 8 players at the moment.
You have to start with 10c/20c first people who rarely play live poker need to get custom to that before moving up the stake

You could be playing 25/50 next time in future w the same 10/20 group

I host $1/$1, $100 buy-in. This may sound crazy to PCF’ers but the original game was .25/.50 and moved it to $1/$1 just to the quarters off the table. (But my quarters were/are nothing special to look at). Any night we may have $1500 in play.

I also play in a $1/$2 $200 game that a friend hosts. Completely different game, different players, and routinely get $4K+ in play. Really the impact of 1-2 players that are super-aggressive and loose.

I host $1/$1, $100 buy-in. This may sound crazy to PCF’ers but the original game was .25/.50 and moved it to $1/$1 just to the quarters off the table. (But my quarters were/are nothing special to look at). Any night we may have $1500 in play.

I also play in a $1/$2 $200 game that a friend hosts. Completely different game, different players, and routinely get $4K+ in play. Really the impact of 1-2 players that are super-aggressive and loose.
Hey @Omar65 where in SC? I am from Florence, my mom still lives there....brother lives in Camden.

I had a question and sorry if unrelated but how many quarters would you need for 10 players? Is 8 quarters (80 chips total) for $2 each player enough? or would that create a lot of change transactions? Looking to build a right set from GB 2021 thank you

sorry blinds .25 and .50

These days, we play mainly .50/1 NLHE here. Buy-in up to 200, top-ups to the size of the big stack. Would love to play the occasional tournament, but our group is hard to motivate for anything outside of cash games.

I had a question and sorry if unrelated but how many quarters would you need for 10 players? Is 8 quarters (80 chips total) for $2 each player enough? or would that create a lot of change transactions? Looking to build a right set from GB 2021 thank you

sorry blinds .25 and .50
It depends who you ask, but personally 120x would be the sweet spot for me here for 10 players. If you like lots of chips in play, up to 200x (or a barrel for each player). You could certainly get away with a single rack though - it's the $1s that end up being your workhorse chip at .25/.50

sorry blinds .25 and .50
U only need 8 25c per person to work as they are only use at pre flop as most people will raise with $1 chip

For 50c/$1 I only give 4 50c per person at the start

These days, we play mainly .50/1 NLHE here. Buy-in up to 200, top-ups to the size of the big stack. Would love to play the occasional tournament, but our group is hard to motivate for anything outside of cash games.
It same here 99% of the player only like to play Cash game i have never play tourney live yet despite playing years of live poker.

Also Tourney is such a hassle to the host compare to Cash game too

sorry blinds .25 and .50
8 per person is okay. 12 is fine. 16 is fine. 20 is also fine if you just want a lot of chips on the table but it's not necessary.

It depends who you ask, but personally 120x would be the sweet spot for me here for 10 players. If you like lots of chips in play, up to 200x (or a barrel for each player). You could certainly get away with a single rack though - it's the $1s that end up being your workhorse chip at .25/.50
Got it and yes more is better IMO just wanted to know what would be the minimum necessary to avoid a lot of transactions and change. Definitely can’t go wrong with 12 quarters each

$.25/$.50 or $1/$1 dealers choice with a $200 max.

$1/$1 NLHE with a $200 max.

We play $1/2. Players can buy-in for $100 or more. We don't care how much more or how much they can add to top off. Never been a problem. Almost everyone buys-in for $300.

Haven't played live in over a year.

For a while, I played in a PokerBros cash game that was $0.20/0.40 NLHE, $20 max. Once in a great while, we'd play $0.20/0.40 PLO or PLO8 with a $40 max. Don't really play anymore because I just don't enjoy playing on the phone. (And TBH, the super-short buy-ins and low stakes got frustrating, especially when I started playing much bigger games with deeper structures.)

Lately, my regular games are all mixed rotations, mostly $3/6 fixed limit with some $1/1 (50) cap limit. Variants include Omaha, 5-Card Omaha 8, Stud, Stud 8, and Razz. Buy-ins range from $100 to $500.

Been trying to get a group together for higher stakes than what I have been hosting with 2 different groups, but mostly we play 10¢/20¢ or 10¢/25¢ at $20 buy ins.

What determines whether you play 10c/20c or 10c/25c? We play only tournaments, and trying to introduce a cash game. I was thinking 10/20, but then was thinking that 10/25 might be better to not require so many nickels.

What determines whether you play 10c/20c or 10c/25c? We play only tournaments, and trying to introduce a cash game. I was thinking 10/20, but then was thinking that 10/25 might be better to not require so many nickels.

That's exactly why I switch between. One group limps in to every pot and gets annoyed with lots of preflop raises, so I do 25c blinds to cut down on the need for lots of nickels. The other group doesnt need to lean on needing 4 nickels for a big blind every hand and we tend to raise alot, so 10c/20c makes more sense for them.

Our 50c /50c game has most people buy in for 30 - 40$. But we are cheapos and a 5$ bet is biggish. 20$ will usually fold the table.

Our 50c /50c game has most people buy in for 30 - 40$. But we are cheapos and a 5$ bet is biggish. 20$ will usually fold the table.

My table will call a 12x raise with offsuit paint with a rag, throw money in super heavy with bottom pair and ride it to the river, but fold most of the time the second a red chip gets bet.

0 idea why that red chip matters so much.

And yet, I still get donked by this group sometimes. I'm stuck this session $80 from people calling huge preflop raises with trash and smashing the flop. I hate it, but losing to K4o after I raised with AJh happens with this group alot. I still like playing with my friends more than the money is concerned.

10c ante NL dealers choice / circus games. $20 buy-in and the big winner/loser averages +60/-60. We have a rule that if you profit $100 you're bringing pizza/dinner next week. :)

edit: I can't wait to get back to live games!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom