Holy Grail (1 Viewer)

I am not a huge fan of giant inlays but when I see these chips stacked, I don't think there is a nicer set.
giant inlays can be okay
IMG_0490.JPG

[Pillage and Plunder, Content]
I am so jealous of the people that consider CPCs the holy grail of poker chips!
You get to reach that true sense of completion or fulfillment in your chip search.
Every color, every quantity, every denomination, every inlay - everything you want, when you want it.
Leaded Paulsons have ruined me.

As a new member I have a lot to learn

So here goes a question

What is the Holy Grail Set?

What about individual Chip?
Nice post!

Welcome to the forum friend.

I don't see how there can be a Grail set. Makes no sense to me. I don't use that term here, personally.

As mentioned already, it's in the eye of the beholder. Just because people like BTP and it draws big prices, doesn't change the fact for me, the BTP label is a joke and I absolutely dislike BTP. Sure, some nice colors, but they are only good for murder. It's all subjective to what each hobbyist wants.

For me, a Grail set, would be the set that made me so satisfied, I quit the hobby. Pure and simple. As long as I'm here, digging through pictures and classifieds for other sets and chips...I haven't found my Grail..

Good luck and power to you to find yours.

Nice post!

Welcome to the forum friend.

I don't see how there can be a Grail set. Makes no sense to me. I don't use that term here, personally.

As mentioned already, it's in the eye of the beholder. Just because people like BTP and it draws big prices, doesn't change the fact for me, the BTP label is a joke and I absolutely dislike BTP. Sure, some nice colors, but they are only good for murder. It's all subjective to what each hobbyist wants.

For me, a Grail set, would be the set that made me so satisfied, I quit the hobby. Pure and simple. As long as I'm here, digging through pictures and classifieds for other sets and chips...I haven't found my Grail..

Good luck and power to you to find yours.

very well put :tup: (and I agree with you, BTP label is not for me either)

very well put :tup: (and I agree with you, BTP label is not for me either)

Is it my favorite label? No. But those colors ... how can you get past those colors.

I think this shows that everyone has different tastes. For some, it might just be the rarity of the set which makes it their "grail". For others, it might just be what they are dying to get and play with (which could be a combination of colors/inlay/logo/history/etc).

My question for rainman Illustrates one of my requirements for a grail set. For me, a grail set would be made up of chips as they came from the factory. No relabels.
Obviously this can a challenge for some sets. But personally, I’d rather have a cash set with no fracs (so only playable as $1/2) than to mix in relabeled fracs. I’d rather a tournament set with only 4 denominations, than have some relabeled big chips.
Just me.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom