Hibachi: Eat as prepared, or wait till all food is prepared? (2 Viewers)

Hibachi: Eat as prepared, or wait till all food is prepared?

• Total voters

dkersey

Straight
Reaction score
I'm referring to the food prepared in front of you, not the items prepared in the kitchen (like the soup).

I think it’s whether to wait until the end of the chef’s demonstration at say, Benihana, or just chow down as stuff gets tossed on your plate.

FFS need to go and google hibachi now. This is the holidays. I’m not supposed to be doing anything educational.

Edit: it’s called teppanyaki over here (every day’s a school day). So to answer your original question I’d eat it as soon as it was fired at me... and I’d eat anyone else’s who was being polite and leaving it on their plate :LOL: :laugh:

Last edited:
I hate the idea of waiting for others food to arrive before eating. Mostly because I'd be mortified at the thought of other people letting their food go cold because I haven't got mine yet.

Some customs are just silly.

In this instance, I imagine you eat as prepared.

try to wait because it is all so good together, but definitely munch along the way. it comes out pretty fast anyway, at least at the places around here; it would be tough to keep up.

Last edited:
Ben and I also sometimes eat others food as they leave it behind :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:
FFS need to go and google hibachi now. This is the holidays. I’m not supposed to be doing anything educational.

Edit: it’s called teppanyaki over here (every day’s a school day). So to answer your original question I’d eat it as soon as it was fired at me... and I’d eat anyone else’s who was being polite and leaving it on their plate :LOL: :laugh:

I don't know and won't bother to know what Hibachi is (hopefully some trusted brand like Hitachi).
I think people sharing a table should start eating together out of mutual respect, so their dishes should be ready at the same time.
Different courses can follow, but NOT at a random order (i.e. grilled seafood of fish NOT after, or with, the meat).
My stomach can be a cesspit but my palate is NOT one.

My stomach can be a cesspit but my palate is NOT one.
6DBD683E-F59D-4A5D-858C-0D8B76A0B74D.gif

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom