Hi to all you Chippers out there (1 Viewer)

AllinBluff

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Hi All,

New UK member just saying hi. Been interested in poker since early 2000. Bought some CDI05's back in the day. Went with a T100 STT (although my breakdown could of done with more work..) Tried to add to it later on but couldn't find any more t5k plaques - doubt I'm on my own there though..

So hi from the UK, hope to not be joining you in chip poverty

Wonder if people are interested in the breakdown

240 x 100
160 x 500
100 x 1k
24 x 5k
20 x 25k

Way too many 100's and 500's. Was torn between a single or double table set and was going to add to them before they were discontinued - sad times!

10 / 8 / 5 / 1 isn't bad for a 15k stack but with no more T1k and on 4 T5k buy backs were not an option. Works OK as a STT but with only 24 T5k making change for a T25k wasn't always easy.

I did buy a rack of WTHC T5k and am considering a relabel to CDI but getting drawn to Tiger hotstamps or maybe just create my own mixed set and mill them for custom labels.

I actually like 20 / 10 / 8 / 2 as its a 2 barrel starting stack for 125bb. Very rare people need to make change and enough chips to encourage betting. Change ups are easy, leaving nice round numbers of barrels etc.

15 / 9 / 9 / 2 isn't bad and reduces the chip numbers a bit - prefered on a cramped 10 person table etc.

I think that this would be my ideal breakdown for 1 or 2 tables:

200 x 100
120 x 500
120 x 1k
80 x 5k
20 x 25k

Although ideas always welcome.

Loving the CPC option but wow do they get pricey when you start to add in level 11 workhorse chips - look nice though!

Will you post pics of the chips?

Snoop Jim Carrey GIF by Laff

Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome - very much appreciated!

Realised some of my set is at my mates as they hosted the last game. We're playing again next Saturday so will get some pictures on the felt and share asap.

Hope you all had yourselves decent weekends. As promised, some pics of the chips.

Didn't play them on Saturday so no pics on the felt sorry. And excuse the case, it's been with me a while..

The reason they didn't get into play this weekend...

Off to a good start though and already paying for themselves, which is a good job!

Attachments

• 20231113_113051.jpg
    20231113_113051.jpg
    152.7 KB · Views: 54
  • 20231113_113956.jpg
    20231113_113956.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 53
Why is there such a shortage of decent poker cases? I don't really like plastic racks but can't find anything that allows storage in barrels - frustrating!! Anyone know of anything available?

My casebuilder custom foam inserts appear the best way forward but maybe I'm missing something. Help appreciated.

Why is there such a shortage of decent poker cases? I don't really like plastic racks but can't find anything that allows storage in barrels - frustrating!! Anyone know of anything available?

My casebuilder custom foam inserts appear the best way forward but maybe I'm missing something. Help appreciated.
The best way to go is Justin racks by @justincarothers stacked inside a Versa birdcage

The best way to go is Justin racks by @justincarothers stacked inside a Versa birdcage
Thank you. I'll check them out. I saw the birdcage option but maybe concerned (unnecessarily?) About UV damage for the chips.. are they best kept in the dark or doesn't it matter much. I've always kept my chips in a case and in a cool part of the house as feared warping or losing the colours. When I bought the cdi05 I remember everyone really hating on the Arc yellow - i loved it - but it seems people just needed some time...

Thank you. I'll check them out. I saw the birdcage option but maybe concerned (unnecessarily?) About UV damage for the chips.. are they best kept in the dark or doesn't it matter much. I've always kept my chips in a case and in a cool part of the house as feared warping or losing the colours. When I bought the cdi05 I remember everyone really hating on the Arc yellow - i loved it - but it seems people just needed some time...
Versa birdcage is completely dark enclosed case. Not your typical plastic transparent birdcage.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom