Hi. I'm Gene. And I'm a poker chip addict.

jedigak1

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Joined the forum last month. Was trying to decide on China Clay set, or CPC rounders, or make my own custom star wars set. Wanted a tournament set, so like T25-T5000 chips.
Saw some of the prices for Dunes and Majestics on the classifieds and figured I should just pick something cheap up to wet my whistle. Just have to play the waiting game...

And then some Jack Detroit $25 and $100 were posted, and now I'm awaiting shipment.
Detroit is in my backyard, so I had to do it. Going to have to build a set around them.

JMC9389

Full House
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Jack rabbit hole is a pretty deep one, I wish you luck on your quest. I'm 1100 chips deep into mine :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Sparty

Flush
Reaction score
Slippery slope indeed!!

CBAB7E5B-6B93-4851-82B4-9B1BB25FC5DD.jpeg
4D196F32-A599-4EDD-99C0-1E4A9C676B26.jpeg

jeff123

Pair
Reaction score
Hi Gene welcome. so do you plan on having the detroit jack chips in your tournament set? you could do a label replacement.

jedigak1

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Hey @jeff123 . I'm from Michigan, so even though they are a little plain I like the Jack Detroit label. Probably just keep them.
I'll do a custom label on a different chip if I ever make the custom Star Wars set.

yone

Straight
Reaction score
Hey @jeff123 . I'm from Michigan, so even though they are a little plain I like the Jack Detroit label. Probably just keep them.
I'll do a custom label on a different chip if I ever make the custom Star Wars set.
Star Wars should be custom Matsui CIC, or octagonal ceramics :)

WedgeRock

Royal Flush
Reaction score
Welcome, @Gene.

Detroit is in my backyard

You joined too late. I just shipped the last of my Jack's sample chips (that wouldn't break up my complete sample set) to a fellow Michigander, because everyone from the area should have at least one.

Sounds like you've got more than one coming, though, so you should be good.

Welcome to PCF!

loosechange101

Sitting Out
Reaction score
I've only very recently gotten on board here too, and went from 0 knowledge to waiting on my first set of china clays from a member here.

I am simultaneously excited and afraid of where this might be going xD

FordPickup92

Royal Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome! Jack's are very popular around here and with a little patience you should be able to build an awesome set! Enjoy the forum, and best wishes on your chipping journey!

SteveHNo96

Flush
Reaction score
Hi Gene, I'm Steve, I like kitty cats, heavy metal, and cool looking poker chips and I guess I'm an addict because I currently will be in possession of five playable sets. oh and women younger than me.

legend672

Flush
Reaction score
Always a treat when Milton Delugg and the band with a thud busted into a Jumpin at The Woodside. ( legend envisions Millennials hopping on you tube to see wtf he’s talking about)

TKEUofM

Pair
Reaction score
Welcome, I'm not too far from you. I'm in Canton, MI. Good luck with the Jacks!

I have a Paulson Classics set, waiting on a Rounders set from CPC, and also have mocked up a custom set from CPC with the Michigan logo on it with a Maize and Blue theme..... just need to scrape up about $5k in spare change to place the order...... lol

Top Bottom