Hi I'm from London, new member(ish) (1 Viewer)

charles_91

Sitting Out
Reaction score
New member checking in... up until April of this year I had no clue about Paulson poker chips (although not new to poker),
now this site has become a daily visit and all I can think about is building a nice set and how hurt my pockets will be.....

Looking forward to this new adventure :)

Here is what I got so far. Clearly all over the place, definitely needs fine tuning.
F91E0701-7178-4C24-A07C-0532DF51455F.png

Charles

Welcome and that's a good start! There are few new UK-based chippers that have joined recently so you're in good company :)

New member checking in... up until April of this year I had no clue about Paulson poker chips (although not new to poker),
now this site has become a daily visit and all I can think about is building a nice set and how hurt my pockets will be.....

Here is what I got so far. Clearly all over the place, definitely needs fine tuning.
View attachment 772354

Charles
Welcome chap. Nice start you there. Did you get them shipped from US or did you find an EU/ UK seller?
I’m in much the same boat, got some CPC chips now thinking about getting on the Paulson boat, but seems you can just name your price at the moment. Is it a bubble? Will prices come down at some point. £3+ per chip starts to look a bit steep.
Chris

Welcome chap. Nice start you there. Did you get them shipped from US or did you find an EU/ UK seller?
I’m in much the same boat, got some CPC chips now thinking about getting on the Paulson boat, but seems you can just name your price at the moment. Is it a bubble? Will prices come down at some point. £3+ per chip starts to look a bit steep.
Chris
Hi Chris, thanks. Been a mix. I got the $1s, a barrel of $100 & $500 from US. $25s and rest of $100s from UK/EU sellers. I have been careful to not “overspend” as you say prices are a bit steep in my eyes. You do find bargains every so often just have to be patient. I would say my average chip cost is around £1.50 for what you see in the photo.

Hi Chris, thanks. Been a mix. I got the $1s, a barrel of $100 & $500 from US. $25s and rest of $100s from UK/EU sellers. I have been careful to not “overspend” as you say prices are a bit steep in my eyes. You do find bargains every so often just have to be patient. I would say my average chip cost is around £1.50 for what you see in the photo.
Good work that, CPC chips cost that much with delivery and all that. Import tax is the killer, should be able to avoid that with small buys from private sellers. I’m awaiting some lucky 21 $25 chips to arrive.
good luck enlarging your set
Chris

Hello and welcome to the PCF . There are other members based in the UK - so I am sure they
will reach out to you . Just have fun !!!

great to see another londoner. good luck on your chip hunt! uk poker supplies are terrible. i'm still trying to figure out where's the best place to get a table..

Build your own mate! Or you might grab one on Facebook Marketplace/Gumtree etc

This looks very reasonable - https://www.facebook.com/marketplac...e=marketplace_search&referral_story_type=post

I might start banging out a couple of tables a year once I'm up and about again too...
i think it looks alright, would like it more without the cup holders. i'm not sure if it's gonna be all that soft though. i work in aspers and we have nice soft tables. this might be rough/hard like a table top i already have

Yeah I know it's not great, I'm just saying, for £100 there are some options out there :tup:

If you want an Aspers quality table, you're looking at £500-£1000 from what I've seen. Mine cost me about £350 inc a Chanman cloth.

Thread here - https://www.pokerchipforum.com/thre...at-bad-confessions-of-a-new-uk-chipper.59959/
i was gonna go with this stock: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/113721101675?_trkparms=amclksrc=ITM&aid=111001&algo=REC.SEED&ao=1&asc=20160908105057&meid=f9889ec9b1494fd5991483b9f87559e9&pid=100675&rk=2&rkt=15&sd=304114052759&itm=113721101675&pmt=0&noa=1&pg=2380057&_trksid=p2380057.c100675.m4236&_trkparms=pageci:4470fb2c-1b3e-11ec-a33d-5614898be673|parentrq:0af6314917c0acf382288139fff4e66e|iid:1

no cup holders, different felt. its £100 cheaper if i buy from their website

the table splits into 2 pieces which is ideal for me - they also do ones that don't split

View attachment 772354

Charles
Hello and welcome...
If you are like me, the site gets expensive quickly and you will love every $ spent

But so much good information to be found everywhere...

Wasn't sure how baller you wanted to go. Split tables tilt me but that's not too bad for the money. The rails look a little weird to me...anyway, one for another thread/pm.

We are meant to be encouraging @charles_91 to spend more money!

Wasn't sure how baller you wanted to go. Split tables tilt me but that's not too bad for the money. The rails look a little weird to me...anyway, one for another thread/pm.

We are meant to be encouraging @charles_91 to spend more money!
yeah i can understand why but its the convenience that is making me want to get one. put half away keep half up. i can use half of it and place it against the wall if i wanted to play 4 handed too. not bad

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom